Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bot killer weapons in FF2

Post New Thread Reply   

Arokhantos
Old 10-06-2013 , 17:39   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #11

You can fix the glitch going into spectate back into game.
The items where handled in netcode before, that part got removed i heared so the server cannot send the command to player that the item is removed.

Perhaps if you coded in that people go into spectate and then back into team it would be fixed.
The glitches happen only on first round ff2 becomes enabled and when you been minion or hale.
I usualy go spectate then back into team first round, or i select class without botkiller first round.

The glitches aren't limited to botkillers alone either, if you spawn first round as heavy with KGB you have invisible hands, which again is fixed the same way going into spectate clears viewmodel and these glitches.

Or if you play quickfix medic first round and switch class 2e round you have quickfix backpack on any class, thats again fixed same way.

Anyway their many way's to glitch items and their all fixed going into spectate and back into team afterwards after the glitch happens.

I hope this gets fixed at some point.

Quote:
Pretty sure its a tempent thing.
Two things you can do.. Force weapon switch them, and then remove it and change their weapon (may require a timer). Or block the item in ongivenameditem ... And then on player spawn, check their bot killer slot, and if it is empty, make them a stock.
If you forced stock weapons on spawn and then made it switch to loadout 2 sec after then that would fix that bug also.
Heck i dont glitch if i go pyro first round then switch 1 sec after back to soldier with my gold botkiller.
but if i spawn straight away as soldier with gold botkiller first round it glitches, and then i need to go spectate to unglitch.

I dont known if such thing can be coded into freak fortress 2.

Its kindy bug caused by valve cous they removed part of the netcode i believe that handles removing items.
BBG_Theory
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2014 , 09:36   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #12

can we revisit this thread, focused on post 7 and 8?

Friagram just gave hints on a resolution.... does anyone have a confirmed resolution that doesn't need a decoder ring to implement, regarding how to fix the bgm continuing to run and the bot weapon chain remaining visible?

hoping to get into 107 build

Last edited by BBG_Theory; 01-28-2014 at 09:38.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2014 , 15:08   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #13

Something like this?

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=231930
Old 01-28-2014 , 17:24   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
yeah I know we talked about it there, but this still needed a decoder ring to me. Maybe this was enough info for some.. I dunno. No joy in 1.90 beta either yet on this
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 01-28-2014 , 20:58   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBG_Theory View Post
yeah I know we talked about it there, but this still needed a decoder ring to me. Maybe this was enough info for some.. I dunno. No joy in 1.90 beta either yet on this
Not even Beta 7?
Veteran Member
Old 01-29-2014 , 01:18   Re: Bot killer weapons in FF2
Reply With Quote #16

nah, afraid not.. ill get ya a few bot killer weaps so you can see