Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map

Post New Thread Reply   

Exp93
Old 04-18-2019 , 18:20   CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #1

I am getting two separate issues with my server which I will describe below.
  1. My server will occasionally lock-up, all connected players get frozen with the red 'time to disconnect' box in top-right corner of screen. typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up, but I am lucky if players don't get disconnected. See italics section of console excerpt.
  2. SourceMod for some reason overrides next map, I use the vanilla end of match voting system, and as you can see it initially makes the next map correct, then SM changes it. See bold section of console excerpt.

meta version
Spoiler

sm version
Spoiler

sm plugins list
Spoiler

Console Excerpt
Spoiler
backwards
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-18-2019 , 20:38   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #2

the part where you say "typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up" makes it seem like an issue i had previously when maintaining a server on windows 10 or windows server editions. If you accidently click on the console window running srcds and it highlights something, this will pause the processes executions and cause the server to freeze. When you type something after clicking on the console again it will then unhighlight the object and unfreeze the server. This didn't happen previously on windows 7 and below (Which was what i was used to) so it was easy to overlook.
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-18-2019 , 20:52   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #3

You don't have the nextmap plugin loaded, so there is nothing in SM that could be affecting the map cycle.
Old 04-19-2019 , 05:11   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
the part where you say "typing something in console 'wakes' the server back up" makes it seem like an issue i had previously when maintaining a server on windows 10 or windows server editions. If you accidently click on the console window running srcds and it highlights something, this will pause the processes executions and cause the server to freeze. When you type something after clicking on the console again it will then unhighlight the object and unfreeze the server. This didn't happen previously on windows 7 and below (Which was what i was used to) so it was easy to overlook.
That's a valid point, and I hadn't thought of it (and I do use Server 2016), I do highlight from command prompt (effectively speaking srcds console) quite regularly, so perhaps this is what is happening, although I am sure the server has locked up at times I haven't even been connected via remote desktop. I'll test further now and report back, for your reference, if you right click the title bar of the window, and go to properties you can disable "QuickEdit Mode" under "Edit Options". If you need access to any of the highlighting/editing features you can use the right click menu of the title bar. Highlighting in command prompt is called "Marking".

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
You don't have the nextmap plugin loaded, so there is nothing in SM that could be affecting the map cycle.
I don't otherwise have anything configured that is touching the map cycle (so the vanilla map vote "should be king"), and the way this line reads it is telling that it has actually taken action due to something, not just reporting it.
Quote:
L 04/18/2019 - 21:17:01: [SM] Changed map to "Scoutzknivez_mario"
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-19-2019 , 05:42   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #5

Does it happen every map change?

Does it happen right from the server start or begin happening after a while?
Old 04-20-2019 , 02:24   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337norway View Post
I can confirm this problem under windows server 2016.
If someone knows a fix please let me know
Exp93
Old 04-20-2019 , 10:44   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomL. View Post
I can confirm this problem under windows server 2016.
If someone knows a fix please let me know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exp93 View Post
for your reference, if you right click the title bar of the window, and go to properties you can disable "QuickEdit Mode" under "Edit Options". If you need access to any of the highlighting/editing features you can use the right click menu of the title bar. Highlighting in command prompt is called "Marking".

Quote:
Does it happen every map change?

Does it happen right from the server start or begin happening after a while?
Based on my testing so far, every map change that is voted with the vanilla system gets overridden, it happens right from server start it appears also (i.e. first map change vote). Still need to test more to be certain of this though.

Last edited by Exp93; 04-20-2019 at 10:44.
Exp93
Old 05-04-2019 , 06:30   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #8

So to report back after further testing. The map issue is resolved, and changes to whatever gets voted on every time now.

Additionally, with regards to the Marking in console, if you're having this problem you must change it in "Defaults" as well as "Properties", otherwise on restarting your server you'll get the same problem.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 05-04-2019 , 06:34   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exp93 View Post
So to report back after further testing. The map issue is resolved, and changes to whatever gets voted on every time now.
How was it resolved?
Old 05-05-2019 , 20:22   Re: CSGO server lockup and SourceMod overrides map
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
How was it resolved?
As advised, I disabled all plugins that could possibly interfere with map change/vote process, and I've not had the problem since.

I did however wonder if the issue may have been related to having a low amount of players on the server, but I figure that the percentage calculations should still be the same no matter how many players are on, and in my most notable test case I had 2 users on who both voted for the same map, but still got something else.