Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)

Post New Thread Reply   

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-24-2011 , 18:41   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #401

Hmm thats very strange, I use the last version and no such glitches occur. Works perfectly. What version you use windows or linux? What version of sourcemod/metamod source you using? I am currently running the latest dev snapshots for both. What mods are you using on your server? Something is conflicting with it...Hmm when I had that glitch, the knife and riot shield icons didn't show up in the item slots either. Thats how I knew something was wrong. Just give me a heads up on this. Would like to help you get it working right. Like I said mine works 100%...
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-24-2011 , 19:44   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #402

Ok so after much more testing, this mod doesn't work online as of yet, something to do with the vpk files, i'm gonna try extracting all the files in the vpk to my left 4 dead folder and try running the mod directly, bypassing the addons folder altogether...Sorry thought I had it worked out, you can use this glitch free, but the client requires the 2 vpk files in the addons directory...I'm determined to get this working, not to sound crazy but I had this damn thing working online without the need of vpk's on clients...
januto
Old 12-26-2011 , 05:29   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #403

Well, the thing is it worked just fine for me online, I'm on linux, 2 riots and 2 knifes spawned, but then on the second map I realized, there was no guns, only those you melee you make it spawn, thats impossible for versus

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 12-29-2011 , 03:43   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #404

Quick update, I finally have it working and the server is uploading the .vpk file to clients with the help of a plugin, however 1 more hurdle to overcome and I will release the files...
januto
Old 12-29-2011 , 04:39   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #405

Hi appreciate your effort

januto
Old 01-01-2012 , 09:31   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #406

Is this suposes to add a kinfe and a riot shiels to all maps? It spawns everywhere or just at safehouse? Would be great to add random spawn as normal guns.

MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 01-01-2012 , 10:39   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #407

You can use Weapon/Zombie Spawner to get random melee weapon spawns.
Once I update Knife & Riotshield i'm sure N3wton will eventually update Melee in the Saferoom to work with knife and riotshield again.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 01-01-2012 , 11:14   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #408

You are one of the few supporters left in this L4D/2 community who actually put forth the effort to change things up for the remaining people who play L4D/2 and stick by the work started by others who have long since left or were banned, etc.

You deserve credit where credit is due.

Last edited by Sev; 01-01-2012 at 11:15.
januto
Old 01-01-2012 , 12:23   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #409

Well.. "Weapon/Zombie Spawner" doesn't seems to spawn knifes.. what's the method we can use to see if it's actually working?

Edit: it works now!, I could spawn a knife, the only bug, is when game is loading it turns screen black while loading but eventually it loads all and starts map normally, kinda weird.

Edit: second bug: Animation buged, holding a knife standing still will result in a "moving hands" bug, is that normal?

Last edited by januto; 01-01-2012 at 12:42.
januto
Old 01-04-2012 , 10:48   Re: [L4D2] Melee In The Safe Room (with unlock all melee weapons on every campaign)
Reply With Quote #410

Well we have managed to make it download from dropbox but there is blackscreen, in the last post I forgot to delete files before reconnecting so I see blackscreen, we have to work together to find a method cause it could open a huge front in custom models..benefits for users and developers.