Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-18-2011 , 23:02   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #21

The plugin works fine on my Linux Counter-Strike: Source server, so that shouldn't be the issue. What are the contents of the config file?

Also, are you getting any errors in your SourceMod error logs?
musosoft
Old 11-03-2011 , 16:22   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #22

Hi, this plugin causes server crashes on map change, when connection to steam is lost (I think). Anyone else gets crashes too?

Code:
L 11/03/2011 - 20:55:09: [SM] Plugin encountered error 11: Invalid memory access
L 11/03/2011 - 20:55:09: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "steam-group-admins-http.smx":
L 11/03/2011 - 20:55:09: [SM]   [0]  Line 93, Y:\Games\Steam\steamapps\[email protected]\counter-strike source\cstrike\addons\sourcemod\scripting\steam-group-admins-http.sp::OnSocketReceive()
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-03-2011 , 16:36   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #23

I've actually been seeing the same error on my server on map change, but the plugin still works, and it has never caused a crash that I've seen. I've been looking into the cause of that error, though.

Also, this plugin only connects to Steam in the sense that it grabs an XML file via HTTP from the Steam Community website.

Does your server crash on every map change, or does it only crash on certain map changes?

Last edited by Mister_Magotchi; 11-03-2011 at 16:38.
musosoft
Old 11-04-2011 , 07:59   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
Does your server crash on every map change, or does it only crash on certain map changes?
Thanks for reply, it does only on certain map changes...
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-04-2011 , 13:50   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #25

I'll try to do some testing tonight where I make the connection fail on purpose and see what happens. Maybe I'll get that error worked out too. Again, I hadn't bothered with it too much originally, since it's been working for me non-stop since I published it.
Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-04-2011 , 22:29   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #26

I've done some testing just now (on a CS:S listen server on Windows), and I can't get mine to crash on a connection failure or put that "Invalid memory access" error in the error log. Everything works as I meant it to work.

My test:
  1. I installed a freshly downloaded development snapshot of MM:S, SM, Socket, and this plugin on my CS:S installation. I used the "steam-group-admins-http.txt" contents I use on my live server.
  2. Upon starting a server (just using " -insecure +map cs_office" as shortcut options), I immediately had the correct admin flags set for the Steam groups I'm in, according to "sm_who".
  3. I switched to a different map about 7 times in a row, checking that sm_who still showed me as admin each time. It never crashed that whole time, and it didn't log any errors.
  4. I picked a random, made-up IP address, made sure it wasn't a working host (tried pinging it, etc.), and by editing the Windows host file, I mapped "steamcommunity.com" to that IP.
  5. I changed the map in the still-running server.
  6. The new map loaded fine, but as expected, I didn't have any admin flags according to "sm_who". One error was logged for each of the groups in the "steam-group-admins-http.txt" file, like "[steam-group-admins-http.smx] Socket error for group ######"

As I don't know that I'll be able to reproduce your problem, I can't properly help you with it. There might be some difference on a dedicated server or on Linux, but again, the CS:S server I use it on normally is dedicated and Linux, and it works fine.
musosoft
Old 11-05-2011 , 06:24   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #27

Ok thanks, I will try some tests too, also I will update to latest stable plugin releases.
Old 12-31-2011 , 08:30   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #28

Installed plugin, restarted server, connected, kicked with this message:"Server not able to authenticate user with Steam"

Mister_Magotchi
SourceMod Donor
Old 12-31-2011 , 13:47   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #29

This plugin wouldn't/shouldn't produce that kind of error. That is actually a very common error in general, though. Also, are you sure it still happens when you have just the base install of MM:S, SourceMod, and this plugin?
chuj
Old 02-06-2012 , 19:50   Re: Steam Group Admins (HTTP Prefetch)
Reply With Quote #30

Could you add function to generate admins_simple.ini from Steam Group users?