Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Auto-Responder (chat) 0.3

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   General Purpose        Approver:   Xanimos (85)
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2006 , 06:11   Auto-Responder (chat) 0.3
Reply With Quote #1

Auto-Responder (chat) - v0.3, by v3x

Description:
This plugin will allow you to store commands that trigger specified responses in a file. The responses will be displayed to the person that said the phrase and will be printed in green with a beep sound.

Commands:
- reload_responses
When this command is inputted into the client/server console it will reload the file containing the responses.

Editing the plugin:
Towards the top of the plugin you will see some defines like so:
Code:
#define MAX_RESPONSES      64 #define MAX_LEN_CMD  64 #define MAX_LEN_RESPONSE    201 #define FILE_NAME   "auto_responder.ini" #define SOUND_NAME  "buttons/blip1.wav"
Those are the ONLY parts you should edit unless you know what you are doing!

Response format:
Format: "<word>" "<response>" "method"
Method explanation:
"c" - Stands for "contains". If the message contains the trigger word it'll print the response.
"e" - Stands for "equals". If the message is equal to the trigger word it'll print the response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Examples for auto_responder.ini
"v3x" "v3x is your GOD" "c'
"admin" "To contact an admin say @ and then your message in team chat"
"hack" "Tell an admin if there's a hacker in the server" "c"
"cheat" "Tell an admin if there's a cheater in the server" "c"
"amxx" "This server uses AMX Mod X. Go to http://amxmodx.org for more info." "c"
"amx" "Psh, AMXx > AMX" "e"
"gaben" "Gaben ownz j00" "e"
auto_responder.ini goes in your AMX Mod X configs directory
Attached Files
File Type: zip auto_responder0.3.zip (9.6 KB, 5983 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (auto_responder0.3.sma - 5249 views - 3.6 KB)
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-10-2006 , 06:19  
Reply With Quote #2

Haven't you made such thing already?.. I believe i downloaded such script last week, but that was in the approved section. Great plugin, is it possible it can also trigger from a line?.. such as:

"How to melee" <-- that it only triggers once these 3 words are used.
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2006 , 06:22  
Reply With Quote #3

Nope, I never made a plugin like this

I'll see what I can do for your suggestion.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-10-2006 , 07:27  
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks allot. Is it also possible you are able to use 2 commands?, example:

1 for public messages when you type words (and lines if you add that feature). And the other for private messages that others won't see when you type a message. That way this would prevent spamming. Even though i know about the anti-spam feature AMXX has, but spamming a word, with lines that the auto-responser would reply to would be annoying
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2006 , 08:12  
Reply With Quote #5

It only prints the response to the player that triggered it in the first place.

DA
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2006 , 08:17  
Reply With Quote #6

Hello,

Nice plugin. Add to my server.
But when I write "cheater" then come the text from cheat.
Is that wanted?

Bye
Old 02-10-2006 , 08:43  
Reply With Quote #7

It looks for that word in the message no matter where it is.

Skyrider
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 02-10-2006 , 11:11  
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
It only prints the response to the player that triggered it in the first place.
Ahhhh, i'm using a different "responser" plugin that public gives the messages. Thanks
Veteran Member
Old 02-10-2006 , 12:14  
Reply With Quote #9

Should I make it so you can choose whether the message CONTAINS the word or is EQUAL to the word?

MattOG
Old 02-10-2006 , 12:47  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3x
Should I make it so you can choose whether the message CONTAINS the word or is EQUAL to the word?
cvar so we can choose i'd prefer to be able to have some words one way and others not, but contains is better than equal to imo.

+Karma If I helped