cruz99
Old 03-18-2020 , 14:59   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #741

can anyone fix the link?
Dr.Mohammad
Old 03-18-2020 , 22:05   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #742

hi, this link broken

The latest development builds can be found here: http://users.alliedmods.net/~kyles/builds/SteamWorks/

Last edited by Dr.Mohammad; 03-18-2020 at 22:06.
vn_lind
Old 03-19-2020 , 05:36   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Mohammad View Post
hi, this link broken

The latest development builds can be found here: http://users.alliedmods.net/~kyles/builds/SteamWorks/
SteamWorks-git131-linux.tar.gz crashing my css server .. any idea why ?
BeepIsla
Old 03-26-2020 , 10:29   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #744

Code:
EGCResults SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage(int punMsgType, const char[] pubDest, int cubDest, int pcubMsgSize)
EGCResults SteamWorks_GCSendMessage(int unMsgType, const char[] pubData, int cubData)
These two seem to be slightly broken, "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" doesn't work at all and "SteamWorks_GCSendMessage" only works if there is no "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" forward.

Looking at the source on Github it seems to be the fault of lines 132 and 134.

Code:
this->pGCSendMsg
should be

Code:
this->pGCRetMsg
Attempting to fix and compile this myself made the entire extension not do anything anymore while apparently loading successfully. Maybe something related to what SM/MM/SteamWorks version I compile it against though I tried a few different combinations and none worked.

Last edited by BeepIsla; 03-26-2020 at 10:31. Reason: Spelling
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 03-31-2020 , 13:03   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #745

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepIsla View Post
Code:
EGCResults SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage(int punMsgType, const char[] pubDest, int cubDest, int pcubMsgSize)
EGCResults SteamWorks_GCSendMessage(int unMsgType, const char[] pubData, int cubData)
These two seem to be slightly broken, "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" doesn't work at all and "SteamWorks_GCSendMessage" only works if there is no "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" forward.

Looking at the source on Github it seems to be the fault of lines 132 and 134.

Code:
this->pGCSendMsg
should be

Code:
this->pGCRetMsg
Attempting to fix and compile this myself made the entire extension not do anything anymore while apparently loading successfully. Maybe something related to what SM/MM/SteamWorks version I compile it against though I tried a few different combinations and none worked.
Thanks for the report, try 132 if you'd like.
BeepIsla
Old 04-03-2020 , 07:52   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #746

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Thanks for the report, try 132 if you'd like.
Thanks, sadly this didn't resolve the issue. Everything is the same as before, the forward simply doesn't get executed. I looked a bit more through the code and turns out that line 42 where the "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" forward is created defines 5 arguments, but in reality there are only 4. Its suppose to be Cell, String, Cell, Cell.

Other than that I don't think there are any more problems, though I could be missing something.
KyleS
Old 04-05-2020 , 15:45   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #747

Quote:
Thanks, sadly this didn't resolve the issue. Everything is the same as before, the forward simply doesn't get executed. I looked a bit more through the code and turns out that line 42 where the "SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage" forward is created defines 5 arguments, but in reality there are only 4. Its suppose to be Cell, String, Cell, Cell.

Other than that I don't think there are any more problems, though I could be missing something.
Which game? platform? SM version? MM:S version?
BeepIsla
Old 04-06-2020 , 06:17   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #748

Quote:
Which game? platform? SM version? MM:S version?
I tried it on CSGO a long time ago on Windows, sadly don't remember the SM & MM versions back then and TF2 most recently on Windows and Linux, both tested with SM 1.11 - build 6522 & MM 1.11 - build 1130. As well as SM 1.10 and MM 1.10 a little bit prior to that.

This simple plugin does not output anything, while NetHook2 clearly says there are incoming GC messages:

Code:
#include <sourcemod>
#include <SteamWorks>

#pragma semicolon 1
#pragma newdecls required

public EGCResults SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage(int punMsgType, const char[] pubDest, int cubDest, int pcubMsgSize) {
    LogMessage("SteamWorks_GCRetrieveMessage: %d (%d)", punMsgType, cubDest);
    return k_EGCResultOK;
}
KyleS
Old 04-06-2020 , 14:08   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #749

Quote:
I tried it on CSGO a long time ago on Windows.
Gross. Which version of the Steam Client do you have on the server? if it's ancient it won't have the hooks, thus won't be able to get the interface, and won't be able to hook.

This definitely worked on CSGO at one point as people were intercepting/sending GC messages way back when.
BeepIsla
Old 04-07-2020 , 10:37   Re: [ANY] SteamWorks
Reply With Quote #750

Quote:
Gross. Which version of the Steam Client do you have on the server? if it's ancient it won't have the hooks, thus won't be able to get the interface, and won't be able to hook.

This definitely worked on CSGO at one point as people were intercepting/sending GC messages way back when.
Sorry but how do I check the Steam version my server is running? Shouldn't SteamCMD and the CSGO/TF2 installation automatically update everything as needed to the latest version?

In the meanwhile I did another test to try and maybe narrow down the problem further:

- Tested on Windows & Ubuntu for both games
- All 64-bit
- All SourceMod 1.11 (build 6522)
- All MetaMod 1.11 (build 1130)
- All updated and validated minutes before doing the test

I added a "SteamWorks_GCSendMessage" and "SteamWorks_GCMsgAvailable" forward to my test plugin and turns out CSGO doesn't log anything at all while TF2 only logs GCMsgAvailable and GCSendMessage but no GCRetrieveMessage, it also repeatedly sends out a GCMessage every 30 seconds for some reason. According to NetHook2 it keeps sending out GCHello messages, Steam sends a GCWelcome back but it seems to get swallowed somewhere.

Last edited by BeepIsla; 04-07-2020 at 10:40.