Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife

Post New Thread Reply   

DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-01-2018 , 16:34   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragnichtnach View Post
What is the worst case that could happen to server owners using those plugins?
Worst?

Quote:
b) Valve comes up with a fix and reimplement ip-bans
This one cannot be considered "worst" in any way at all:

IPv4 addresses (123.123.123.123 format) are very limited, and from server providers, they are always "static", so banning based on IPv4 addresses would be a great way. You might be able to fool some providers to give you a new address, but far from always.

It will cause problems for Game Server Providers (GSP) and/or communities running with multiple servers one single IPv4 address, TRUE.

But it will also help forcing the GSP's to take actions against their customers, who violate the EULA/TOS/[...] of the service that they are earning money for providing them.

If they want to earn money on services they provide, they should also care that their services aren't being abused.

If I had a client that caused maybe 10 servers to be blacklisted, because he/she added things violating the EULA/TOS/[...], of the products being used to provide that service, I should simply terminate that client for the abuse.

The same goes for e.g. email spamming, if I use my servers at $RANDOM_PROVIDER to send out spam, that is a violation of the terms with 99% of all provider's, my services should also be terminated for that, WITHOUT any refund.

Can the situation, and solution be more simple?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-03-2018 , 02:10   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #22

The solution would be very easy. Even without IP bans. Just increase the amount of servers per account monthly from 1 to 1000. For each month after you are holding without problems the amount increases.I would even prefer if Valve is selling the tokens by themselves for maybe 5 Euro.

As I heard of the new trade restrictions, there was some hope that they will finally add one of the solutions. But probably after all the shitstorm they do not do something that is pointing in the same direction.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-03-2018 , 06:37   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
The solution would be very easy. Even without IP bans. Just increase the amount of servers per account monthly from 1 to 1000. For each month after you are holding without problems the amount increases.I would even prefer if Valve is selling the tokens by themselves for maybe 5 Euro.

As I heard of the new trade restrictions, there was some hope that they will finally add one of the solutions. But probably after all the shitstorm they do not do something that is pointing in the same direction.
Why would valve waste more time and money to solve this? While they are the last one get the money from this .
Feels like they even want people to only play on their official servers. Why would they care about community servers anymore ?
Wakeup, they making money. It's their main priority.
Old 04-04-2018 , 17:28   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #24

Valve can patch this exploit and block clients displaying hacked in paintkits.

Instead of fixing the root cause Gayben opted to build GSLT as it generates revenue. Valve spent almost 2 months of resources to build GSLT. Thats not cheap.

As one of the first creators of paintkit plugins well before !ws existed. I wrote to Valve outlining the exploit. They opted for GSLT to generate revenue so I leaked code and built the first token site Token Stash in retaliation for them flipping me the bird.

Valve achieved exactly what they wanted. They are generating revenue off community servers.

The only fix is to patch the exploit.

Last edited by Neuro Toxin; 04-04-2018 at 17:30.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 04-05-2018 , 02:29   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #25

I am not sure if I am misunderstand you, neither here nor elsewhere:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuro Toxin View Post
Instead of fixing the root cause Gayben opted to build GSLT as it generates revenue.
"sv_setsteamaccount" was introduced long time before they were called GSLT's (February 2014 vs July and November 2015, where the requests not to do this, and the mandatory tokens became effective).

So, to make a request on July 2015, and to make them mandatory in November 2015, when the system was "released" February 2014, ... where is your evidence that this was actually made for the revenue part?

If it was for profit, they would most likely have forced it before, as the system was existing, just not under the GSLT name.

Quote:
Valve achieved exactly what they wanted. They are generating revenue off community servers.
You have been posting what I so far, without any evidence would call "garbage" in other posts, I kindly suggest you stop letting shit out unless you also share evidence for your claims in this particular story.

Quote:
The only fix is to patch the exploit.
We do agree 100% with this, it can be fixed on Valve's side, in various different ways, rather then the current system with banning server tokens.

Steam Client / CS:GO client could for example refuse to view items you don't have in your inventory, etc... Just to mention one.

Anyway, for the other parts, if you have no evidence for your claims, please stop the "garbage" sharing...

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2018 , 04:13   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofmybrain View Post
Because I don't want to attract that type of person to my server. I have no interest in a bunch of little kids who don't care about the game that I grew up playing coming into the server and being afk 80% of the round time while they look at their skins. I also don't care that my servers are empty 80% of the time because of it. The people who come in when I play are people I want to play with. They care about CS and they care about playing CS.

However, that doesn't change the fact that if you want to run a CS:GO community around the actual CS game, you need to run weapon skin plugins.
I respect what you're trying to say but you're simply moaning as a whole. You say it's hard to create a community now-a-days because of these plugins but then you go on to say you don't want to attract those type of players to your community and that you don't care your servers are empty? This seems like an irrelevant conversation in that case.

I use these plugins on my servers as everyone else states, it's what the players want. It's our job as community owners to provide what the players want otherwise there wouldn't be an influx on players. Those "little kids" are what make up the game now, all of the retro players are starting to get bored of the low updates, shitty VAC & overall quality of the core game.

Valve will never listen to a measly reddit post, especially when they're making a lot of money from the sales of CS:GO copies that are needed to create tokens. Valve is in CS:GO for the money, nothing else. If you want to start a proper community then head over to TF2 where Gaben himself plays the game and it is a much more close net community with constant updates.

I personally felt the same when I moved to CS:GO from GMOD in the regards of it was hard to start without these plugins but it's honestly due to the fact the skin market is so diluted with expensive ass skins which are very hard to obtain via keys/cases and cost a lot of money so why would someone spend hundreds on some pixels on their screens when they can just join a server they like... and get them for free?
ghostofmybrain
Veteran Member
Old 04-05-2018 , 10:02   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #27

This entire thread is people "simply moaning". I'm sure what sort of interest you have in my post specifically.

It's not our job to provide what the players want. We're the owners, not them. My one and only job is to make the server I want to attract the type of pleyr I want.

The problem is that it's currently impossible to attract that player is inundated by servers that shouldn't even exist, full of players that wouldn't be there if the servers didn't exist, which only exist to generate easy ad revenue.

The players aren't "getting bored", they're simply being overrun by things that shouldn't even be there.
fragnichtnach
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-05-2018 , 14:52   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubricant Jam View Post
[..]Valve will never listen to a measly reddit post, especially when they're making a lot of money from the sales of CS:GO copies that are needed to create tokens. Valve is in CS:GO for the money, nothing else.[..]
Let's say 50.000 servers are hosting !ws/!knife/!gloves what is a pretty high estimation (https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/)!

1 account = 1000 GSLT
50 accounts = 50.000 GSLT

3 bans a week = 150 accounts a week

one csgo account with an order of 5€ = 14€

2.100€ a week
109.200€ a year
This is an upper bound of the revenue they get from these !ws/!knife servers. I suppose a revenue far below 100.000$.

Honestly. It is not enough revenue for Valve that they are accepting this problem! I think they currently have other problems and simply don't care about this stuff.

Maybe they don't even know about those token-sell-sites and still think this is a good system. Yes, some of us wrote an email to them, but I suppose they are not reading them all. Too much spam. I know sometimes there is a Valve employee watching the reddit. I thaught that might bring this to there intention. But they have currently other problems by fighting against the gambling sites.

Last edited by fragnichtnach; 04-05-2018 at 14:52.
Fluxxx
Old 04-05-2018 , 18:27   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #29

You are "simply moaning" and your opinions mean nothing to valve because you're a merely a ant to them.
You're to simply accept the fact the game is dying and the community isn't how it was before and live about your life or dont host csgo servers like wtf not that hard to understand.

You emailing them wont do a single thing.
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-06-2018 , 05:46   Re: [CS:Go] Problem with the situation about !ws / !knife
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Let's say 50.000 servers are hosting !ws/!knife/!gloves what is a pretty high estimation (https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/)!

1 account = 1000 GSLT
50 accounts = 50.000 GSLT

3 bans a week = 150 accounts a week

one csgo account with an order of 5€ = 14€

2.100€ a week
109.200€ a year
This is an upper bound of the revenue they get from these !ws/!knife servers. I suppose a revenue far below 100.000$.

Honestly. It is not enough revenue for Valve that they are accepting this problem! I think they currently have other problems and simply don't care about this stuff.

Maybe they don't even know about those token-sell-sites and still think this is a good system. Yes, some of us wrote an email to them, but I suppose they are not reading them all. Too much spam. I know sometimes there is a Valve employee watching the reddit. I thaught that might bring this to there intention. But they have currently other problems by fighting against the gambling sites.
Not everyone uses the same account for GLST tokens. I get your point though nor did you really need to work it out. I was simply over exaggerating.