Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mapchooser ignoring vote.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2021 , 14:43   Mapchooser ignoring vote.
Reply With Quote #1

Situation:
Amxx voting fails by just picking random maps disregarding what we voted for.

Here was a big one. It was being engaged on one map. Had it sand-boxed one that 1 map, I thought.
This was due to mp_maxrounds being added by Gungame. Opposing Force does not have rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEarthQuake View Post
@GordonFreeman (RU) making mp_maxrounds CVAR that does not already exist in Half-Life and Half-Life Opposing Forces, then setting it to over zero, hoses mapchooser until plugin is removed and server is shutdown. Restarting appears to retain the turmoil.

Code:
            //set_cvar_num("mp_maxrounds",1337) // i dont know how to deregister it :p             set_cvar_string("mp_maxrounds","")
I have since totally eliminated that part from Gungame and recoded it work and not wreck havoc.
Meanwhile I have been remaking mapchooser and nextmap to account for games prior to Counter-Strike.

Just a simple RTV.
Original code.
Code:
/*Install instructions: Add z to cmdaccess.ini entry "amx_votemapmenu"   "jz" ; mapsmenu.amxx*/
#include amxmodx

public plugin_init()
    register_plugin("Simpler RTV", "1.0", "SPiNX")&
    register_clcmd("say rtv","handlesay")

public handlesay(id)
    client_cmd(id,"amx_votemapmenu");
Updates.
Must have X number frags to interrupt good game with RTV and more for menu designer.
2 other plugins required.
Written for both dev versions and 182 in 1 script.
https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...mapchooser.sma
https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...ve/nextmap.sma
Handles RTV, frags, OP4CTF scoring. If playing HL cvar for gametitle. Cvar for playing random Half-life gametracks at chattime/ map (down)load.
Code:
"amx_nextmap_finale", "1" /*0- no end game finale | 1-tunes | 2-finale,tunes | 3-finale,tunes,gametitle*/
Recommended not required if playing Capture the flag or Deathmatch modes/maps.
https://github.com/djearthquake/amxx...imeleft%2B.sma
Does not display FF on deathmatch unless it is enabled. Speaks the frags left if less on the time slots. Otherwise speaks the time remaining as usual.

If anybody wants mp_chattime on all mods and unlock it from Cstrike from being 10 sec max, using a task in the design instead of Event 30 will accomplish it. That was all I had for future refinements.

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 07-06-2022 at 00:26. Reason: Update