Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Team Balance Immunity

Post New Thread Reply   

wizzrobe
Old 11-11-2011 , 12:21   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #151

t3hdude,

I got some basic log output, but all I discovered is that the plugin part is working properly.

I need to add some deeper logging to the extension itself, now that I have it building, but i've been swamped all week. Hopefully I can get something in place this weekend.
th3dud3
Old 11-13-2011 , 01:34   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzrobe View Post
t3hdude,

I got some basic log output, but all I discovered is that the plugin part is working properly.

I need to add some deeper logging to the extension itself, now that I have it building, but i've been swamped all week. Hopefully I can get something in place this weekend.
Sure no problem. I still have the plugin enabled and my immune players are still getting balanced. Got it confirmed today by a friend.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-14-2011 , 03:28   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #153

I can confirm that immune players are also getting balanced, however the plugin/extension is loading and not crashing (if that counts for anything ).

Last edited by bobbobagan; 11-14-2011 at 03:28.
Send a message via Skype™ to bobbobagan
wizzrobe
Old 11-14-2011 , 16:32   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #154

Finally got time to throw some extension logging in place. This extension should not act any differently, but what it does do is:

1. The extension will log a message to the sourcemod error log any time an "immune" player is considered for autobalance, and the extension returns to the game's CanBeAutobalanced() function.

2. The plugin will log a message to the file: tf2autobalancelogs any time an immune player is considered for autobalance by the plugin and returned as protected from autobalance.

So, what we are looking for is an event where an immune player gets autobalanced anyway. Then check through the error log files for a message about that player supposedly being protected from the autobalance. Note that the messages will log any time the player is considered for autobalance, so you will see a lot of messages about the player NOT being available for autobalance. We are trying to find an event where they are autobalanced anyway.

I expect one of 2 different outcomes:

1. No message will be found in the error log at the time of autobalance. This means either the function did not get called for this autobalance event, or the player somehow did not qualify as protected during this call to the autobalance. More logging information will be needed.

2. A message about the player being protected will appear in the log at the time of autobalance. This means that returning false to the CanBeAutobalanced function does NOT protect the player from an autobalance. And this extension needs to be reworked altogether.

It could also be I am missing something obvious.

So, to try this out I've attached a zip file that contains:

1. New extension module with logging: tf2autobalance.ext.2.ep2v.so - place it into your extensions/ folder and overwrite the old one. Sorry linux only right now.

2. New gamedata: tf2autobalance.txt - yes the offsets changed AGAIN, so place this into your gamedata/ folder and overwrite the old one.

3. New plugin with logging: tf2balanceimmunity.smx - place it into your plugins/ directory and make sure it is loaded in place of your old balance immunity plugin.

The other .inc and .sp files are in case you want to recompile the plugin yourself. FWIW, this extension was compiled against sourcemod 1.4 and metamod 1.8.7. Use at your own risk.

Hopefully someone finds something useful. Since I added the logging I have not had a bad autobalance happen, so as of yet I don't have anything to go on. Good luck.
Attached Files
File Type: zip autobalanceImmunityTesting.zip (15.0 KB, 73 views)
th3dud3
Old 11-15-2011 , 09:33   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #155

All hail the Wizzrobe! Sadly i am running a Windows srcds so i cannot use the extension. Could this be a issue with just Windows boxes? Would another plugin like AFK manager by Rothgar effect this plugin? probably should have given you this earlier. But i am on metamod v1.8.8 and soucemod v1.3.9. Let me know when you get a Windows extension up and running. I would love to test this out on my server.
wizzrobe
Old 11-15-2011 , 09:50   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #156

t3hdude,

If a windows version can help people get this figured out, I will put one together. My linux box just happened to have all of the sourcemod code.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 11-15-2011 , 19:15   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #157

I also have a windows server, any chance of a windows version?
Veteran Member
Old 11-16-2011 , 17:07   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #158

Well I went ahead and made a new version of this, because I was bored this afternoon. It will automatically update its gamedata from here, and uses detours instead of SourceHook so it will break less.

You can download it here
and the source code is here

ducksducks

Last edited by Afronanny; 11-16-2011 at 18:18.
FunkyLoveCow
Old 11-16-2011 , 17:16   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afronanny View Post
Well I went ahead and made a new version of this, because I was bored this afternoon. It will automatically update its gamedata from here, and uses detours instead of SourceHook so it will break less.

You can download it here
and the source code is here

ducks
The source is asking us to sign in. Though, it is available in the full download.

Last edited by FunkyLoveCow; 11-16-2011 at 17:16.
wizzrobe
Old 11-16-2011 , 17:27   Re: [EXTENSION] TF2 Team Balance Immunity
Reply With Quote #160

Yay Afronanny! That saves some serious headaches

Thanks again.

Edited:

I was able to hg clone your sources over from the link you provided no problem. Thanks.

Last edited by wizzrobe; 11-16-2011 at 17:59.