Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[windows] bat file to compile sp files forcefully(updated at 2012 6 16)

Post New Thread Reply   

javalia
Old 06-15-2012 , 15:25   [windows] bat file to compile sp files forcefully(updated at 2012 6 16)
Reply With Quote #1

to work on plugin that is made with more than 1 file, we sometimes try to compile sp file while we didnt changed it at all, but changed include files. sadly, our pretty good compile.exe doesnt notices include files r changed, and it just blocks compile. well, we can just change version info or re save the file, but its pretty bothering us at most of dev progress.
so this bat file is needed. (linux`s shell script for sm compile has no this kind of checks.)

we use this bat file as same as our friendly and good compile.exe. just put this on scripting folder and than u can drag and drop sp files that u want to forcefully compile, or just can run it to compile every sp files on directory, while u will not have to use like this.

so i am uploading this to share it with other users whom uses window to dev plugin.

from am forum is blocking to upload bat file(i will not blame them, cuz bat file can actually harm system.), i will add .txt extension on this file, so u can easily remove the fake extension and use it.
if u dont believe safety of this batch file, u simply can open it and check it yourself.

i tested this on xp, and i intended to make it work on windows 7 and other newer operation systems that r using newer batch file rule. but i am not sure will this work correctly, cuz i dont having windows 7 or any.

have fun.

2012 6 16
i fixed bug of bat file that just spits tons of errors when u try to compile whole files on directory
and i made output to have a bit better look
Attached Files
File Type: txt CompileForcefully.bat.txt (1,002 Bytes, 218 views)

Last edited by javalia; 06-16-2012 at 06:37. Reason: fixed bug