Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)

Post New Thread Reply   

marvel
BANNED
Old 04-23-2010 , 05:21   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acextreme View Post
Metamod doesn't work. I installed Sourcemod first, and the server starts up fine. Then I put in Metamod and the server can't start. So either one of this is at fault...any solutions yet with the new "The Passing" DLC update?
Sourcemod is a Metamod source plugin so yes if you don't install metamod your server will start because sourcemod won't load.

Just wait for a metamod update. It will come soon enough.
SaintK
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2010 , 09:20   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #502

metamod works now, but the plugin crashes metamod. DS said most plugins need recompiling against the new metamod build.
ivailosp
Old 04-23-2010 , 09:33   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintK View Post
metamod works now, but the plugin crashes metamod. DS said most plugins need recompiling against the new metamod build.
on windows with last version of metamod plugin loads OK - i do have recompiled against last version, but im w8ing to fix linux version 1st
NeilF
Old 04-23-2010 , 09:59   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #504

Has the problem with the latest L4D2 release been resolved? Is there a new version of metamod to install?

Can I just unzip something into my L4D2 server installation and all will work OK again? Or do I have to faff around with plugins and what not

I spent ages setting up my server so five of us could play in campaign mode, and I don't want to go through all that pain again!
marvel
BANNED
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:05   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #505

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilF View Post
Has the problem with the latest L4D2 release been resolved? Is there a new version of metamod to install?

Can I just unzip something into my L4D2 server installation and all will work OK again? Or do I have to faff around with plugins and what not

I spent ages setting up my server so five of us could play in campaign mode, and I don't want to go through all that pain again!
You already said that in the other thread. The devs are working hard to solve all issues and I'm pretty sure your crying here doesn't motivate them to work any faster

I would just have a little patience if I were you and keep following the threads.
NeilF
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:17   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #506

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel View Post
You already said that in the other thread. The devs are working hard to solve all issues and I'm pretty sure your crying here doesn't motivate them to work any faster

I would just have a little patience if I were you and keep following the threads.
I didn't realise I'd posted in another thread on this forum about this problem... Thought that was elsewhere... But thanks for the spoonful of sarcasm, really does help in the meantime ...

It's just that someone has just implied installing a new version of metamod has helped?
SaintK
Veteran Member
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:24   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivailosp View Post
on windows with last version of metamod plugin loads OK - i do have recompiled against last version, but im w8ing to fix linux version 1st
I'm running Linux, what exactly is still broken? Metamod seems to load fine now, just waiting for a sourcemod rebuild.
NeilF
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:27   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #508

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintK View Post
I'm running Linux, what exactly is still broken? Metamod seems to load fine now, just waiting for a sourcemod rebuild.
So since the L4D2 update, you've applied a new version of metamod? Got a link to that? Is it just an unzip installation, or do you need to reconfigure stuff (again) afterwards?

So you're now just waiting for a new version of sourcemod? What about any plugins/mods you may have on the server? Will these need attention too do you think?

ie: How much re-installation/reconfiguring do we think we're talking about here to get back to where we started

Thanks...
kwski43
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:34   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #509

My metamod doesn't load.
Old 04-23-2010 , 10:37   Re: L4DToolZ Metamod plugin (l4d1 & l4d2)
Reply With Quote #510

try this version - i need feedback. i short on free time, so see you guys later
note: sv_unlock_sb_add is not to be broken in linux (will be fixed via signature update?)

edit: download last version of metamod http://www.metamodsource.net/mmsdrop/1.8/ hg698
Attached Files
File Type: zip l4dtoolz(L4D2)-1.0.0.10RC3 Debug.zip (170.8 KB, 9398 views)
File Type: zip l4dtoolz(L4D2)-1.0.0.10RC3.zip (160.1 KB, 25918 views)