Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)

Post New Thread Reply   

El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2016 , 08:56   Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #1

So, War3Source has been around for quite a while and I know they have their own website. There has been many servers that has created War3Source private versions. I want to announce that I am working to make my version open source. I feel when it is open source, that players that once loved this game will love it again.

Currently the Translations files do not work completely, but that will be fixed after all other conversions have been done for the public.

It should be compatible with TF2, FoF, CS:S, and CS:GO. Out of those four, TF2 will be the most compatible and have the best new races. CS:GO will require much work and the other two will work fine.

My version incorporates the latest technology that Sourcemod and Metamod has to offer. Also allows you to write races using the MethodMap function, which makes writing races to much easier and is NOT in War3Source original.

The main thing I am doing to convert it for open source is removing "War3Evo" and "W3E" from the text and replacing it with "War3Source:EVO" and a few other details relating to War3Evo's tagging and database system.

I have several server owners that are willing to run this new version when it becomes open source. I am here to announce that is what I'm working on.

How long before it is released? Unsure as I only have weekends to work on this project. I will keep this thread updated as I progress each weekend.

My version of War3Source has these benefits (including private updates):

* uses private forwards on the most cpu intensive forwards and uses global forwards on less cpu intensive forwards. This will allow you to run so many more races with so much less lag.
* uses methodmaps. This allows you to write races much easier.
* is being converted for the new variables format
* Has been rewritten multiple times. Each rewrite makes a better engine.
* Teleport Engine (lets you do amazing stuff with teleporting in your races)
* Easy Buff updates. Currently the Easy buff on War3Source's website is buggy, so I will have my fixes included.
* Aura engine updates.
* Optional Shopmenu 3 (permanent items)
* Optional Talent Specs (Similar to Warcraft's Talent Calculator) - TF2 only atm
* Download Control Engine
* Extensive Notifications for players
* Special Players Preferences
* Players can "turn off" most War3Source graphic effects to help low cpu players
* Players can toggle on/off extra combat information that would spam their chat
* Optional KDR system - Basically handicaps players whom have "too high of a KDR"
* New Wards / Wards Checking
* If shop 3 is enabled - new currency - Platinum
* New Casting Engine - for "spells that require delay" & special effects
* Each race can have a different skin (TF2 tested, but should work on other game consoles)
* New Player benefits Engine
* Optionally Hide CSGO Radar while looking at menus
* A few races that will be new for TF2
* Banking Engine for Gold - allows players to "save gold" and then be able to "withdraw" later
* New "Instant Race Changing" --> Can cause issues between races that are not properly handling the instant change
* Owner can "Pause War3Source" during game play
* Being able to instantly reload any race during a production game for updates
* And so much more.... figure 6 years of updates and the first 4 of those years was daily updates.
* Is special compiled for each game console (Why have addons or source code that don't work in one game or the other just using sourcemod memory?)

If you feel that it would be worth my time and investment into releasing my private version of War3Source, please do comment below and boost my ego on this

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-11-2016 at 08:59. Reason: spelling
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-11-2016 , 14:31   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #2

I would REALLY enjoy it if you did, as I use the mod for my community. Be it only one server, but they really love it.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-11-2016 , 16:31   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #3

Fantastic. My favorite mod for source games.
Old 06-12-2016 , 10:28   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #4

Man... how to say this, since months i been trying that a coder put their hands on War3source since it was one of my favorite mods i ever played, and i just played it once, one day i said "Warcraft mod, what is that?" i had a free server so i set up a config, i was incredible excited when i started playing, i mean, you have classes, you lvl up, you have items, it's just fucking awesome

Few days ago my community (I'm owner of a 11k members community) asked me about this mod, and i was like "I could put it but, plugin has no support since a year it's like if something is broke what do we do?" and they were like "Fuck, is a good mod" plus they were giving me lots of great ideas that they could be very useful for this gamemode. And now, after few days, you post it here saying that it will come back, i'm looking foward to see the updates and set up a server again!

Thanks!
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2016 , 21:23   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #5

Nobody here has said what type of server they will run it .. TF2, FoF, CS:S, CS:GO?
Old 06-14-2016 , 21:28   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo War3Evo View Post
Nobody here has said what type of server they will run it .. TF2, FoF, CS:S, CS:GO?
CS:GO! had one running few months ago, but as i told you plugin has no support so i decided to shut it down, i hope you will update it frecuently and accept some ideas for your plugin too!
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-14-2016 , 21:42   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
CS:GO! had one running few months ago, but as i told you plugin has no support so i decided to shut it down, i hope you will update it frecuently and accept some ideas for your plugin too!
I've only had to make a few fixes for CS:GO, most everything functions the way it should. Of course, CS:GO makes a lot of restrictions and unfortunately that means it's really limited on new races that can be added due to said restrictions.

Quote:
CS:GO
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2016 , 10:27   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #8

Update: I have a github for this now... but I only tested to compile for TF2. I have not yet tested this public version on a server yet. The code is open so you can look at it and compile and test run it if you like.

If I am missing anything, do let me know.

You'll probably have to get a few extra extensions that I have not "researched" and posted on the readme file.

So, yet.. Once its fully ready, I'll post it in plugins.

I'll start work on the CS:GO verison soon.

LINK: https://github.com/War3Evo/War3Source-EVO

YES, this is a HUGE plugin. There are so many more races and addons to add!

P.S.

CS:GO version of this is very very unstable, but you can try it if you want...

You must open file War3Source-EVO/addons/sourcemod/scripting/include/GAME_SWITCHER/currentgame.inc and change the contents in it for CSGO.

* Uncomment the stuff under //CSGO and comment out stuff under //TF2
* change #define CYBORG_SKIN MODE_ENABLED to #define CYBORG_SKIN MODE_DISABLED
* keep #define SHOPMENU3 MODE_DISABLED uncommented

Then try to compile.

For FoF server owners, I still need to create a configuration for compiling for FoF, but should probably work with the TF2 settings and cyborg skin disabled.

PLEASE NOTE: THIS WILL NOT WORK WITH CURRENT WAR3SOURCE RACES! Because War3Source Evolution uses private forwards and does not handle many of the global forwards the old War3Source uses.

Programming the new War3Source Races maybe so easy now that you'll drop making War3Source Races for the original War3Source...

P.S.

If your not programmer savy, wait until I release a pluigin version of this. I'm hoping next week or sometime soon to have a Jenkins compiler for this.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-19-2016 at 10:43.
El Diablo War3Evo
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2016 , 12:58   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #9

if anyone of you wants to add war3_allow_developer_access 1, then I'll gladly start working on CSGO version of this and working to make it work. I"ll even help convert some of your races to CSGO.

that convar will allow me /war3admin access to your server which allows me to give myself more levels to any race you have on your server and I can adjust anyone on the server of their current race access / level banks. The only thing I will use it for is myself, and you should trust me on this as I make this convar default 0 or disabled.

You'll have to send me those races and give me time to convert.. don't think this is instant.

I would like a server that I can "test" on with coming out of pocket for myself. If you want to donate your server for me so that I can create a better version of this .. please let em know thanks. P.S. each server platform requires a version.

For each person that will donate me a server, I will donate $5 towards to sourcemod for the maximum for this month. Donation will happen at the last day of this month.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 06-19-2016 at 13:03.
Miu
Veteran Member
Old 06-19-2016 , 17:03   Re: Coming Soon: War3Source:EVO (TF2, FoF, CSS, CSGO)
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
For each person that will donate me a server, I will donate $5 towards to sourcemod for the maximum for this month. Donation will happen at the last day of this month.
DigitalOcean VPSes are $5 a month already, why not just get your own instead? o: