Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VSH VSH, old thread (v1.42) - Information/etc.

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Taz532
Old 09-26-2011 , 15:29   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Is there a point to having the plugin version go to 4 decimal places? Seems easier just to keep doing 1.xx like before.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2011 , 15:57   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

I'm trying to underscore the ridiculosity of the way his "system" for this plugin is set up.

I can't wait to get to VSH Version 3.1415926535897932384626

Eggman: Finish Freak Fortress 2 already! It will phase out this plugin. Who the hell would use VSH when FF2 has all that and more?!

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
Taz532
Old 09-26-2011 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
Eggman: Finish Freak Fortress 2 already! It will phase out this plugin. Who the hell would use VSH when FF2 has all that and more?!
*raises hand*
napalm00
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2011 , 16:28   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Yup that's a problem, there are too many updates now. Just try to release a stable one that does its job, and then move onto FF2.
Imo you should update it only if people want you to, doing all the work and then finding out the other guy released a thing that breaks all the stuff seems just... unefficient.
/end complaining
Old 09-26-2011 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

inefficient*

I don't know who you're talking to (Eggman or me) but I figured I'd help keep VSH up to date while Eggman works on FF2, but his concern over VSH makes it seem like he's dropped FF2 and is just working on VSH stuff.

Taz: FF2 is just VSH with more bosses that you can optionally disable. Why there's any dichotomy, I don't know, but it's apparently different and therefore not done.

Psyduck likes replays.
Remliel
Old 09-26-2011 , 20:16   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Be sure to check your white-list then and edit accordingly or set it to 0.
OK, it was the whitelist. I didn't add the sounds in for the pure settings. Looks like we're good to go! Thanks for all the help!
Taz532
Old 09-26-2011 , 20:31   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
Taz: FF2 is just VSH with more bosses that you can optionally disable. Why there's any dichotomy, I don't know, but it's apparently different and therefore not done.
I know but looking at how buggy the VSH initial release was..... I'll stick with this until FF2 has proven itself.
devicenull
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2011 , 21:23   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Quote:
loranger: I believe that if you bought the redirect service, gameservers will automatically sync up any files on the download table to the fastdownload server that they have. You cannot, unfortunately, use bz2's with gameservers' method, only the actual .wavs, so don't put the .bz2's in there.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
The gameservers redirect will transparently bz2 any content you upload. Uploading bz2's is pretty useless, they won't be used by the redirect, but it will compress any other content you upload.
Old 09-26-2011 , 21:58   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Not updating to Eggmans newest :/ sounds stupid and easily abused....
That was a downgrade, not an update.

Will wait for your next release Flamin
http://www.sevensinsgaming.com/forum/
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2011 , 22:48   Re: [TF2] VS Saxton Hale Mode

Almost done. I'm seeing whether or not I can nerf scout knockback so that useless scouts will die easily, but useful scouts (e.g. pro scouts) can deal a lot of damage fairly quickly, and keep Hale from getting the rest of the team.

To anybody desiring to take Mev's path, 1.367 is still up at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9948007/VSH_1.367.zip

For a pending changelog, probably this:
Keeping the Medic "I am Charged!" line when the medic builds uber to 100% via syringe gun or crossbow.
Modifying the team scramble if I can, for first round (but if I can't, I'm removing it. If teams aren't scrambled, the first round ends quickly (no teambalance!), resulting in less chance of a derp-fight between two scouts while everyone waits for the round to end.
Keeping the Medic crossbow nerf (+100% damage instead of +150% damage)
Maybe keeping the powerjack effect.
Keeping the Vagineer saying "hurr", but also allowing "nope". You guys let me know what you'd rather have the vagineer say more often.
Bringing back Scout knockback (still at only 38% of normal knockback). It's low enough as it is, doesn't need to be completely removed.
The incredibly-vague "hale_noclass" command will be changed to "hale_classinfotoggle".
Making it so that the Medic doesn't yell "I'm charged!" while he's already ubering somebody.
Definitely not using that stun thing for the Short Circuit.

Psyduck likes replays.

Last edited by FlaminSarge; 09-26-2011 at 23:07.
Closed Thread