Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02

Post New Thread Reply   

SyNiK4L
Old 05-30-2011 , 14:53   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplace View Post
Someone of the team should review and approve this plugin. This is one of the rare plugins which is well documented, maintained and work fine without errors for a lot of weeks now on our servers.

Best Regards
Laplace
i agree completely...i tried 2 other ads plugins before this one...and both crashed my server alot. This plugin has not crashed it once....not to mention i was able to implement the web interface into my website using iframes and it worked perfectly. And like u said very well documented. had no problems at all installing this
Mathmos
Old 06-13-2011 , 05:06   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #202

hi

i have a problem.
when i open http://www.gts-fun.de/adsql/ then i get an error.
PHP Code:
Warning:  mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Unknown MySQL server host 'DB_SERVER' (1in /www/htdocs/w00cd849/gts/adsql/include/database.php on line 20
Unknown MySQL server host 
'DB_SERVER' (1
My config.php:
PHP Code:
<?php
/* new line below starting in AdsQL 1.7.7:    */

define("DB_SERVER""localhost");
define("DB_USER""xxx");
define("DB_PASS""xxx");
define("DB_NAME""xxx");

define("EMAIL_FROM_NAME""AdsQL");
define("EMAIL_FROM_ADDR""[email protected]");
define("EMAIL_WELCOME"false);

define("COMMUNITYNAME""Penguins With Nerf Guns");

// What are your Admins called?
define("ADMIN""Admins");

/* new line below starting in AdsQL 1.7.7    */
define("HAVE_ADSQL_CONFIG"true); 

?>
i have test it with
PHP Code:
define("DB_SERVER""localhost"); 
PHP Code:
define("DB_SERVER""gts-fun.de"); 

Last edited by Mathmos; 06-13-2011 at 05:08.
Rizla
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-13-2011 , 11:16   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #203

try putting in your db ip
Mathmos
Old 06-13-2011 , 14:37   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #204

same error =(
Rizla
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-14-2011 , 00:12   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #205

does your sql accept remote connections?

if you have cpanel its easy. if not, google it. you need to allow your server ip to connect to your database.
Cadav0r
Old 06-18-2011 , 06:37   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #206

Hello,

Good job for this plugin.

Any chance to see option to enable/disable a ads (I use the same ads but not always so I want to disable it and renable when I want)

And why not a validity date for ads... For exemple to notice people about an event game (like only zombie maps or something like that) so the ads will be auto disable after the specified date

My plugins : Admin Sounds

cozmicshredder
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-27-2011 , 10:01   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #207

I really want to be able to use this could you please fix it?

Code:
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in E:\xampp\htdocs\cozworldvb1\adsql\include\database.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is kn (trying to connect via tcp://DB_SERVER:3306) in E:\xampp\htdocs\cozworldvb1\adsql\include\database.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in E:\xampp\htdocs\cozworldvb1\adsql\include\database.php on line 39
php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known.
Send a message via ICQ to cozmicshredder Send a message via AIM to cozmicshredder Send a message via MSN to cozmicshredder Send a message via Yahoo to cozmicshredder Send a message via Skype™ to cozmicshredder
cozmicshredder
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-27-2011 , 12:33   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #208

I was looking at database.php on line 39 was wondering now if this script requires magic_quotes_gpc on? Can anyone confirm this? I am using Xampp for my website hosting and I run a lot of other scripts just seems whoever wrote this script it is either older coding or I need to enable something else...

Thanks!
Send a message via ICQ to cozmicshredder Send a message via AIM to cozmicshredder Send a message via MSN to cozmicshredder Send a message via Yahoo to cozmicshredder Send a message via Skype™ to cozmicshredder
Rizla
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-27-2011 , 22:26   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #209

well i recently turned of magic quotes, shouldn't be needed if the data is being escaped properly.

+ my ads all seem ok
PharaohsPaw
Old 07-01-2011 , 07:12   Re: [many games] AdsQL Advertisements System - v1.7.8 - Last Updated 2011-04-02
Reply With Quote #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmicshredder View Post
I really want to be able to use this could you please fix it?

[code]Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: No such host is known. in E:\xampp\htdocs\cozworldvb1\adsql\include\dat abase.php on line 39
You need to configure a database hostname that can be resolved. If whatever DNS servers (and/or hosts file(s)) the webserver running your web interface is using cannot resolve (look up) the hostname you have configured, this will happen.

Make sure you have the right hostname specified, fix what you have specified, or fix your DNS or hosts file records. It is not a software problem.

If all else fails, yes, you should be able to specify the host by its numeric IP. But its really better to use a hostname if you can so you don't have to fix the config if/when your webserver host changes ip's later.