Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

8 survivors in the rescue vehicle

Post New Thread Reply   

cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2020 , 08:11   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #31

I hate to see others struggle with this so I have come to share my solution for this problem.

As stated in the previous posts, the only method to alleviate this is by creating extra info_survivor_position entities given with the same coordinates from the ones lodged into the map and enabling god mode on them (in case of the presence of ability giving plugins like I said before).

There is also no need to alter the "m_currentReviveCount" netprop nor teleporting the extra survivors back to the saferoom since the game already handles that as long as there is enough escape positions for all survivors. Keep in mind that there are several maps that are picky and want the survivors to be in those spots in order for them to be counted as survived and that is why going by the old method doesn't always work 100% nowadays.

I have been relying on Stripper all the time and I never once saw anyone who made it to safety being reported as dead by the time the outro stats come up. The only time I had to use a plugin to teleport the extra survivors to the escape entities is whenever No Mercy is played cuz some still fall out of it despite getting in the helicopter.

All I did was add those said entities equal to the maximum limit of survivors. Dark Carnival is tricky as well as some other finales cuz they required a few modifications to other entities that are tied to the survivor positions.

Here's my Stripper config for that finale:

You are free to test the config above for yourself. It is only suitable for 8 survivors.

Last edited by cravenge; 11-18-2020 at 08:13.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2020 , 08:42   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #32

Thanks, but this config is dark carnival specific? I'm asking cause of the "hammerid" thing.
Old 11-18-2020 , 22:13   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marttt View Post
Thanks, but this config is dark carnival specific? I'm asking cause of the "hammerid" thing.
Yes, it is only for Dark Carnival.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2020 , 08:46   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #34

In case of anyone still getting dead reports in Dark Carnival with the Stripper config I shared above:
Quote:
There is also no need to alter the "m_currentReviveCount" netprop nor teleporting the extra survivors back to the saferoom since the game already handles that as long as there is enough escape positions for all survivors. Keep in mind that there are several maps that are picky and want the survivors to be in those spots in order for them to be counted as survived and that is why going by the old method doesn't always work 100% nowadays.

Last edited by cravenge; 11-22-2020 at 10:20.
cravenge
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2020 , 19:20   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #35

If anyone's having trouble on adding extra info_survivor_position entities for other tricky finales besides Dark Carnival through Stripper, don't hesitate to tell the name of the custom campaign (if I have it) to me and I'll PM the config to you.
rtokuda
Old 11-29-2020 , 19:25   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
If anyone's having trouble on adding extra info_survivor_position entities for other tricky finales besides Dark Carnival through Stripper, don't hesitate to tell the name of the custom campaign (if I have it) to me and I'll PM the config to you.
If you can send the Stripper of the official campaigns, I thank you, because I find it very complicated to open the hammer and try to find the info_survivor_position entities.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2020 , 21:34   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #37

I always browse by here (except last stand map)

https://github.com/Stabbath/L4D2-Dec...Dumps/Official
Old 11-30-2020 , 06:43   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtokuda View Post
If you can send the Stripper of the official campaigns, I thank you, because I find it very complicated to open the hammer and try to find the info_survivor_position entities.
Saved you the trouble for it. Left some comments in there too for easy customizing.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Stock Campaigns.zip (8.9 KB, 1059 views)

Last edited by cravenge; 12-01-2020 at 08:22.
Maku
Old 03-01-2021 , 09:29   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #39

I am using DeathChaos25's plugin (FinaleFinishGodmode.smx)

It works perfectly fine in other maps but in Dark Carnival, I played as Zoey and she was considered deceased along with 2 other players (I think it was 8 players or 7 players) and 3 were considered deceased (Since one of them was incapped by a tank but I never saw the other one incapped like me and we got into the helicopter safely).

I have tested the plugin in RE1, RE2 Side A, RE2 Side B, and RE3 and it works fine. I have also tested it in Dead Center and The Passing which was also fine (These were all 5+ players since some people sometimes crash/leaves the game).

Edit: Death toll also says the same thing sadly... may have to use Crasher's one instead.

Last edited by Maku; 03-03-2021 at 20:40. Reason: Tested on another map
sbrblz
Old 08-17-2021 , 23:50   Re: 8 survivors in the rescue vehicle
Reply With Quote #40

Has anyone found a way to get more than 8 survivors in a finale? It seems using any of the working methods, just has the "alll survivors escaped" text replaced with "was the first survivor out!" any survivor over 8 is listed as deceased. I tested with myself and 9 other bots as well as 2 players and 8 bots. I did try the stripper configs that were posted, using c1m4 atrium map, even uncommenting the 2 extra parts for extra survivors didn't yield a successful result. I also tried Psyk0tik's plugin and set l4d_esfp_amount "6" with the same result. It's not a big deal I suppose, I am just asking since there is a small chance that I might have 9 players at some point for a LAN game.