Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

CSGO demo file location

Post New Thread Reply   

goodBEan
Old 01-08-2020 , 20:49   CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #1

How can I change the location of where demo files are stored when running gotv on a csgo server. Currently its going to the base csgo dir but I need them to go to the csgo/logs folder. I know I did it before but I don't remember how.

I just cant find that cvar
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-08-2020 , 22:42   Re: CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #2

When you start the recording, simply add the full path to the desired "destination" file name, e.g.:

PHP Code:
tv_record "/home/csgoservers/some/fancy/path/auto-whatever-filename-you-want-here.dem" 

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
goodBEan
Old 01-08-2020 , 22:53   Re: CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #3

the thing is that get5 will be doing the recording and I don't see the cvar in that to change the that command. Also this server will be automated
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-08-2020 , 23:09   Re: CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodBEan View Post
the thing is that get5 will be doing the recording and I don't see the cvar in that to change the that command.
In that case, it would be a problem between you and get5( developers) to figure out.

The information about get5 would have been valuable from the whole beginning of the thread, please remember such information in the future - elaborate as much as possible about your set up.

A quick Googling indicate that get5 is simply using the same, above, tv_record feature with a parameter with it's file name / full path.

Fortunately for you, it seems like you can simply do the same kind of stuff using get5_demo_name_format configuration variable in the same way as mentioned above, according to the documentation @ "Recording match demos".

Could you give that a try and then please respond back, if it helps / solves the problem?

Quote:
Also this server will be automated
Laziness is the root of all evil. :'(

goodBEan
Old 01-09-2020 , 08:42   Re: CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDeviL View Post
In that case, it would be a problem between you and get5( developers) to figure out.

The information about get5 would have been valuable from the whole beginning of the thread, please remember such information in the future - elaborate as much as possible about your set up.

A quick Googling indicate that get5 is simply using the same, above, tv_record feature with a parameter with it's file name / full path.

Fortunately for you, it seems like you can simply do the same kind of stuff using get5_demo_name_format configuration variable in the same way as mentioned above, according to the documentation @ "Recording match demos".

Could you give that a try and then please respond back, if it helps / solves the problem?

Laziness is the root of all evil. :'(

I initally thought it was a cvar I set a while back and I could not remember the cvar (at least i thought it was a cvar). I wasn't sure if it was a cvar I setup in the past or what. It was a long time ago when I setup my first csgo tourney servers. I was pretty much exhausted and burnt out last night when I saw where the demo files were.

The thing is about my server being automated. The server is going to be used in a tournament inside a docker container. Baiscly when I launch the server I have to fill the blanks in the script, server launches, does it thing, then terminates. I just need the demo files and log files to be in the same place in order to retrieve them.

I will try it later tonight. I am hoping get5 will allow a directory location.

Also will that cvar just allow me to use \logs\filename.dem or does it have to be the full path?

Last edited by goodBEan; 01-09-2020 at 08:43.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-09-2020 , 22:16   Re: CSGO demo file location
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
I will try it later tonight. I am hoping get5 will allow a directory location.
Seems as I said like it does exactly as others (tie that configuration variable together with e.g. tv_record function), so I can't see why it wouldn't "allow", the question is just if the location that it allows matches you:

Quote:
Also will that cvar just allow me to use \logs\filename.dem or does it have to be the full path?
If you are simply providing a relative path, e.g. "logs/[...]" or "demos/[...]", then the path you give will become relative to your game directory, (e.g. starting from /home/csgoservers/srds/192.168.123.45_27015/csgo/), short said, starting from the root of where you also have your "maps", "cfg", and "addons" folders.

So for you, the relative path should be just fine.

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 01-09-2020 at 22:17.