Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[How-To] OnDayExecute();

Post New Thread Reply   

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2008 , 06:36   [How-To] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #1

How would it be possible to manage something to that affect?
Reading through the wikis and c++ references, from what I understand, I would want to use Gettime() then afterwards use FormatTime() to get the relevant day out of the system. then apparently I would have to pass %A to get the report of the day from the time.
Would this give a string "Sunday" ?

I am ultimately looking to do something along the lines of;
Code:
OnDayExecute("Sunday")
{
	//things here
}
-----------------
Resolution
-----------------
Thanks to toazron1 and SAMURAI16
Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <sdktools> new bool:g_Enabled = false; #define MAXTRIGGERS 1 static String:trigger[MAXTRIGGERS][] = { "speech" } public Plugin:myinfo = {         name = "Sunday Plugin",         author = "DDRKhat",         description = "A plugin that only executes stuff on Sunday!",         version  = "1.0",         url = "" }     public OnConfigsExecuted() {     checkToday() } public OnPluginStart() {         RegConsoleCmd("say", Command_Say);     RegConsoleCmd("say_team", Command_Say); } public checkToday() {         new String:today[16];         fn_GetDay(today);         if(StrEqual(today,"Sunday"))         {                 g_Enabled = true;     }     else     {         g_Enabled = false;     } } public Action:Command_Say(id, args) {     new String:text[192],String:input[192];     new success = 0;     GetCmdArgString(text, sizeof(text));     GetLiteralString(text,input,192);     for(new x=0; x<MAXTRIGGERS; x++)     {         if(StrEqual(input, trigger[x]))         {             success = 1;             break;         }     }     if(!success)     {         return Plugin_Continue;     }     if (!g_Enabled)     {         PrintToChat(id, "[SM]: Sorry today is not sunday!");     }     else     {         //Do stuff because its Sunday     }     return Plugin_Handled; } stock GetLiteralString(const String:cmd[],String:buffer[],maxlength) {     strcopy(buffer,strlen(cmd)+1,cmd);     ReplaceString(buffer,maxlength,"\"","");     TrimString(buffer); } stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {         new String:day[16];         FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());         strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }

Last edited by DDR Khat; 10-23-2008 at 18:24. Reason: Help Fulfilled
SAMURAI16
BANNED
Old 10-22-2008 , 07:56   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #2

if you want a function like OnDayExecute( ) (a forward actually), you need to create your own forward wich requires a custom .inc

I made a stock wich returns current day
Code:
stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {     new String:day[16];     FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());         strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }

How to use it:
Code:
public example() {     new String:today[16];     fn_GetDay(today);         PrintToChatAll("today is :  %s",today); } stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {     new String:day[16];     FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());         strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }

Or example 2, to check if is your required day:
Code:
public example_2() {     new String:today[16];     fn_GetDay(today);         if(StrEqual(today,"Sunday"))     {         // today is Sunday     } } stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {     new String:day[16];     FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());         strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }
Send a message via MSN to SAMURAI16
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2008 , 09:04   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAI16 View Post
if you want a function like OnDayExecute( ) (a forward actually), you need to create your own forward wich requires a custom .inc

I made a stock wich returns current day
<!-- Code Here --!>

How to use it:
<!-- More code here --!>

Or example 2, to check if is your required day:
<!-- Moar code here --!>
Or I could simply put the bits that I need at the bottom of the code, rather than making it an .INC.

so what you're telling me is I could do..

Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <sdktools> #define MY_PLUGIN_NAME    "Sunday Plugin" #define MY_PLUGIN_VERSION "1.0.0" #define MY_PLUGIN_AUTHOR  "DDRKhat" public Plugin:myinfo = {     name        = "Sunday Plugin",     author      = "DDRKhat",     description = "A plugin that only executes stuff on Sunday!",     version     = "1.0",     url         = "" } public OnPluginStart() {     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public example_2() {     new String:today[16];     fn_GetDay(today);     if(StrEqual(today,"Sunday"))     {         server_print("[SM] Today is Sunday!")     } } stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {     new String:day[16];     FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());     strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }

Last edited by DDR Khat; 10-22-2008 at 09:19.
SAMURAI16
BANNED
Old 10-22-2008 , 09:08   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #4

what the fuck ?
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

Here we talking about sourcemod. ROFL
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2008 , 09:16   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAI16 View Post
what the fuck ?
#include <amxmodx>
#include <amxmisc>

Here we talking about sourcemod. ROFL
I meant sourcemod XD Sorry, Natural habit to include those.. last time I did much with PAWN was AMXX.. Nice catch.
BANNED
Old 10-22-2008 , 10:53   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #6

I saw you updated code. I guess i have to say what is wrong
example_2() is never called
return PLUGIN_CONTINUE don't need to be in OnPluginStart() ; Also 'PLUGIN_CONTINUE' doesen't exists in SM; it's Plugin_Continue
Lebson506th
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2008 , 11:45   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #7

And there is no "server_print" function

PrintToChat
PrintToChatAll
PrintToServer
PrintToConsole
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
toazron1
Old 10-22-2008 , 16:23   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebson506th View Post
And there is no "server_print" function

PrintToChat
PrintToChatAll
PrintToServer
PrintToConsole
Another AMXX habit.. I have the same problem from coding so much for Natural Selection
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-22-2008 , 17:19   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #9

Well, do remember it's just a demonstration to make sure I understand, is not the code I intend to implement in the end. but.
Code:
#include <sourcemod> #include <sdktools> public Plugin:myinfo = {     name        = "Sunday Plugin",     author      = "DDRKhat",     description = "A plugin that only executes stuff on Sunday!",     version     = "1.0",     url         = "" } public OnPluginStart() {     example_2()     return PLUGIN_Continue } public example_2() {     new String:today[16];     fn_GetDay(today);     if(StrEqual(today,"Sunday"))     {         PrintToConsole("[SM] Today is Sunday!")     } } stock fn_GetDay(String:output[]) {     new String:day[16];     FormatTime(day,sizeof(day),"%A",GetTime());     strcopy(output,sizeof(day),day); }
Old 10-23-2008 , 00:21   Re: [Help] OnDayExecute();
Reply With Quote #10

Well its Plugin_Continue not PLUGIN_Continue.

And I would make a command to return the result instead of calling it on plugin start.

Something like RegConsoleCmd and use the command callback.