Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bush into Iran....

Post New Thread Reply   

Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2008 , 16:53   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackziner View Post
Hum could you please show your source for the meaning ^^ ?
Quickest one I could find: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philistines#Etymology
vvg125
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-16-2008 , 16:59   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith77 View Post
vvg, like I said last night, it's happened over and over again for the past 1000 years. The solution is not to keep evicting people until someone finally goes "okay fine, have it." but to create two seperate states in which the two groups are happy with. Groups like Hamas, as I stated over IRC, are not helping with things like this.
Yea, but who decides it should be part of Palestine? Why not say... Germany? Who were the cause of the holocaust. Or maybe some other random place? My point is, the majority of countries shouldn't dictate who should take the fall for it.
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2008 , 17:36   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvg125 View Post
Yea, but who decides it should be part of Palestine? Why not say... Germany? Who were the cause of the holocaust. Or maybe some other random place? My point is, the majority of countries shouldn't dictate who should take the fall for it.
Because vvg125, believe it or not, that is their homeland.
hackziner
Old 01-16-2008 , 18:05   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #34

Look at the article reference ... Maybe you should write "probably means" instead of "means" ...
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2008 , 18:19   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackziner View Post
Look at the article reference ... Maybe you should write "probably means" instead of "means" ...
"Jastrow, Marcus. A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature. New York: Judaica Press, 1989., p.1185"

Umm, okay?
iamjosh
Old 01-16-2008 , 21:21   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:

And there was no mistranslation, don't know where you got that from.
I'm pretty sure there was... google it. Everyone was saying that the Iran President (which actually has no power.. their religious leader, whatever he is called has the real power) said that Israel should be wiped off the map. That was a mistranslation. He said that the Israeli regime needs to be wiped off the map.
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 01-16-2008 , 21:40   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjosh View Post
I'm pretty sure there was... google it. Everyone was saying that the Iran President (which actually has no power.. their religious leader, whatever he is called has the real power) said that Israel should be wiped off the map. That was a mistranslation. He said that the Israeli regime needs to be wiped off the map.
Um, okay I'm going to assume you are correct in what you say. However, what about the other 500 instances of his blatant threats towards Israel? Look you can dislike a government, and what not, however wanting to wipe people off the Earth is something I hope he has no supporters over here in the West.
purple_pixie
Veteran Member
Old 01-18-2008 , 06:58   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #38

Well without sounding like a total asshole ...

Apart from the probable retaliation, Israel is easily top of the list of countries that could get nuked and I wouldn't care.

As in truly wouldn't care.

I'd care more if [insert obscure country here] was nuked.
iamjosh
Old 01-19-2008 , 12:24   Re: Bush into Iran....
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Um, okay I'm going to assume you are correct in what you say. However, what about the other 500 instances of his blatant threats towards Israel? Look you can dislike a government, and what not, however wanting to wipe people off the Earth is something I hope he has no supporters over here in the West.
The person that says that stuff about Israel doesn't even have the power to do so.