Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.

Post New Thread Reply   

Wancho
Old 07-08-2022 , 16:43   [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #1

Hey, sorry to bother you all.

I've started a Dedicated Server for me and my friends.

We all can join the server, add it to Favorites, and all plugins working good.

Problem:
Let's say that we're playing 2vs2 waiting for other friends. All good, but after a few rounds or maps, other friends can't join, doesn't even appear searching from Favorites tab, and they can't connect through console. So I decide to restart the whole server, and then they can join.

What could it be causing this trouble? I want to fix it, so we can have the server online during the day.

Happens with csgo normal maps, workshop maps, everyday at some point, I have to restart the server because.

Tried changing cfgs, parameters, my ports are good, and they have the correct ip too. I've searched for videos, readed guides, including the newbies guide here, but I can not fix it.

Again, sorry to bother, I'm new to this. Probably is something that I'm missing but I can't find it.

And sorry for my bad english.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan2
Old 07-08-2022 , 23:33   Re: [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #2

What error do they receive when trying to connect?

Does the server show as online at first then disappear? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=192367)
Wancho
Old 07-09-2022 , 12:41   Re: [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #3

First of all, thanks for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
What error do they receive when trying to connect?
30 tries to connect the server. Then I restart the start.bat and they can join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2 View Post
Does the server show as online at first then disappear? (https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=192367)
Exactly, I don't mind about the master server list, they can't even add it to favorites if I don't restart it.

WebAPI looking good I think.

JSON:
Spoiler

XML:
Spoiler

I'll wait for your answer.

Again, thank you in advance.

Last edited by Wancho; 07-09-2022 at 12:47.
DennisSSebasiStephen
Old 07-14-2022 , 00:36   Re: [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #4

I'm not an actual programmer, and I'm simplifying it even more than my simple understanding. This being the internet, someone will be along shortly to say "well technically."

There are all sorts of small chunks of data the get used once and then don't get deleted by the program or just get remade a couple minutes later. These build up literally bit by bit in your RAM until you start running out of space. When a program is shut down or restarted all that extra data is junked.

Best practice is to restart regularly to clear everything out. I run a restart every 24 hours, although I have seen servers running a higher player:hardware quality ratio to reset omegle every 12 or even 8 hours.

Last edited by DennisSSebasiStephen; 10-31-2022 at 00:48.
Wancho
Old 07-15-2022 , 00:50   Re: [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisSSebasiStephen View Post
I'm not an actual programmer, and I'm simplifying it even more than my simple understanding. This being the internet, someone will be along shortly to say "well technically."

There are all sorts of small chunks of data the get used once and then don't get deleted by the program or just get remade a couple minutes later. These build up literally bit by bit in your RAM until you start running out of space. When a program is shut down or restarted all that extra data is junked.

Best practice is to restart regularly to clear everything out. I run a restart every 24 hours, although I have seen servers running a higher player:hardware quality ratio to reset every 12 or even 8 hours.
Thanks for the info.

But I'm having the problem like 10 mins after I open the server so..

Agains, thank you.
oqyh
Old 07-23-2022 , 06:21   Re: [CSGO] I need to restart the server for other people to join.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wancho View Post
Thanks for the info.

But I'm having the problem like 10 mins after I open the server so..

Agains, thank you.
hello Wancho,

use my plugin if u need auto restart last player leave the server
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2779090

enable
// .::[Restart Server When Last Player Disconnect Feature]::. || 1= Yes || 0= No
gm_restart_empty_enable "1"

if ur problem still recommand try enable GO-TV

go to cfg/server.cfg
edit
and add

// SourceTV
tv_enable 1
tv_delay 30
tv_advertise_watchable 1
tv_name "[BOT] GO-TV"

make sure you enable GO-TV Parameters

+tv_enable 1

also recommanded download Attach

good luck
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (fixcrash_mapchange.sp - 54 views - 1.8 KB)
File Type: smx fixcrash_mapchange.smx (3.8 KB, 29 views)

My discord : oqyh