Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Apparant conflict between CSDM 2.1.1 and HLMP 2 causing players to not spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

steeZ
Old 03-06-2008 , 15:21   Apparant conflict between CSDM 2.1.1 and HLMP 2 causing players to not spawn
Reply With Quote #1

So, I get a new public cs1.6 server. I install meta mod, amx mod x, admin mod, and CSDM 2.1.1 (along with a few other minor plugins). Server runs fine.

I then install HLMP 2. It works marvelously, after some configuring. So, I'm gleefully running around de_dust2, rocking out to some obscure techno song, when I call a friend to come in and test the new features out for himself. He connects, shows up in the tab menu as a spectator.. then on the CT team as "dead"........still dead.......still dead..... can't spawn. I kill myself to restart the round. I respawn, he's still dead. I disconnect. He can't spawn. I reconnect. I spawn. He doesn't. I dismiss the issue, and turn my music back on, hoping its his problem and not mine.

I do some more configuring, restart the server. A different friend comes on. Connects, and spawns. We duke it out for a bit, and then we both turn on hlmp music. 2 more friends come to connect. They show up on a team, but dead. I try all combinations mentioned above. Still dead. Me and the friend who IS alive reconnect.. .we both spawn. The other too are still dead.

I am, as of now, unable to completely isolate what is causing this, but it does appear to be some type of conflict between CSDM and HLMP... Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
steeZ
Old 03-06-2008 , 22:54   Re: Apparant conflict between CSDM 2.1.1 and HLMP 2 causing players to not spawn
Reply With Quote #2

Problem found. I found the common denominator between the ppl that couldnt spawn. Turns out they all used text menus.

What was happening, obvious as it now seems, is the hlmp menu was overriding the team select menu, thus, they couldnt pick a team and spawn.

Replaced with the HLMP version WITHOUT automatic menus, and all is well. HOORAY. On a different note...

Brand New Deathmatch FreeForAll server with HLMP music player, sick stations. CHICAGO, Velocity Servers; connect 216.246.49.74:27015