Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Mapchooser4

Post New Thread Reply   

wicho
Veteran Member
Old 04-10-2014 , 16:07   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #661

Hi, well i have a problem, i use this with mp_maxrounds (6 rounds), the problem is when the map change dont appear the map win by voting, appears a random map, why this happen?

On the final of vote map said this "Choosing finished. The nextmap will be" as u can see the name of map dont appear..

Last edited by wicho; 04-10-2014 at 17:21.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-11-2014 , 05:25   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #662

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicho View Post
Hi, well i have a problem, i use this with mp_maxrounds (6 rounds), the problem is when the map change dont appear the map win by voting, appears a random map, why this happen?

On the final of vote map said this "Choosing finished. The nextmap will be" as u can see the name of map dont appear..
How about the whole vote? Do You have any menu to choose the map You wish?
Is this a linux server?
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-11-2014 , 05:38   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #663

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood2k View Post
Is there any chance you could re-compile a version of this where the votemap menu towards the end of the map only consists of nominated maps?
For Instance:

. Nominated Map Here
. Nominated Map Here
. Nominated Map Here
. Nominated Map Here
. Extend Map
. Keep Current Next Map

I've looked at the .sma but, I've no clue what I'm doing.
I think somebody has already asked me about that (maybe at PM). My questions are always valid:
1. What should happen if there is no nomination at all (players didn't nominate any map)?
2. What should happen if there is only one nomination (so what is a sense to vote for only one map in the vote)?
Can You suggest something?
wicho
Veteran Member
Old 04-11-2014 , 12:15   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #664

The menu appear and work but the map choosing by pepple dont appear and dont work, and my server use linux, another thing the mapchooser appear on the round 5 how i can change to round 6 i mean the last round?

P.S: i check again and the map change by the order of mapcycle, how i can change by the win map?

Last edited by wicho; 04-11-2014 at 12:18.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-11-2014 , 13:30   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #665

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicho View Post
The menu appear and work but the map choosing by pepple dont appear and dont work, and my server use linux, another thing the mapchooser appear on the round 5 how i can change to round 6 i mean the last round?

P.S: i check again and the map change by the order of mapcycle, how i can change by the win map?
Did You try this below?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I was already mentioning it here - You have to use "chmod" command on linux server.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chmod
chmod -R 666 /cstrike
or something like this. I believe more experienced users may provide a better help for You here.
Another thing - try to find in Your last saved 2 or 3 log files in cstrike\logs directory all messages generated by Mapchooser4 plugin. I mean try to find all strings starting with "l[AMXX] - Nextmap Chooser 4:" Then copy and paste here what is there.
Try also to find something in amxmodx\logs *.log file starting with the string "[mapchooser4.amxx] [DEBUG]". Also copy here everything from the last saved file and paste it here.
About round 5 instead 6. It is done intentionally. I cannot predict how long time the last round can be continued, so it's better to start the vote the round previously.

Last edited by KWo; 04-11-2014 at 13:33.
secretservice
Old 04-13-2014 , 08:16   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #666

Does this plugin work with new HLDS and AMXMODX?
Gam3ronE
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-16-2014 , 10:08   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #667

Is this more stable than Galileo? I.E. Less crashes.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-17-2014 , 15:09   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #668

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretservice View Post
Does this plugin work with new HLDS and AMXMODX?
I have tested it under Windows with latest HLDS and with AMX MOD X 1.8.2 and it works. Dunno if there is a problem with linux.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gam3ronE View Post
Is this more stable than Galileo? I.E. Less crashes.
If You would use the function "search this thread" and You would search for "crash" as a string, there is not so many reports like that (most of them was concerning to non-steam servers). Users are usually complaining about not working some functionality, but the stability seems to be OK.

Last edited by KWo; 04-17-2014 at 15:10.
blood2k
Old 04-19-2014 , 22:46   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #669

Yea, I've tested the re-compiled version of the plugin, and It no longer causes sever lag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWo View Post
I think somebody has already asked me about that (maybe at PM). My questions are always valid:
1. What should happen if there is no nomination at all (players didn't nominate any map)?
2. What should happen if there is only one nomination (so what is a sense to vote for only one map in the vote)?
Can You suggest something?
It was my PM, a month back. But I thought about your questions, and It didn't seem like a good idea for a nomination only vote.

However, maybe adding a prepare to vote, and a time to choose sound? also, possibly adding that the server chooses maps with different prefixes for the random map votes.

Great map chooser, I would would love to see it further developed, so I'm just throwing ideas out there.
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 04-21-2014 , 14:23   Re: Mapchooser4
Reply With Quote #670

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood2k View Post
Yea, I've tested the re-compiled version of the plugin, and It no longer causes sever lag.

It was my PM, a month back. But I thought about your questions, and It didn't seem like a good idea for a nomination only vote.

However, maybe adding a prepare to vote, and a time to choose sound? also, possibly adding that the server chooses maps with different prefixes for the random map votes.

Great map chooser, I would would love to see it further developed, so I'm just throwing ideas out there.
There should be already the sound "it's time to choose". I can see it in the code and I can here it on my test server.
About different prefixes maps in the vote - How it should work if there are (on the server) for example 3 fy_*, 1 aim_*, 30 as_*, 5 awp_*,100 cs_* and 100 de_* maps? I mean is that really good if always 1 aim_, 1 fy_, 1 awp_ , 1 cs_ and 1 de_ map in the vote, if the majority of maps are cs_ and de_ maps type?

Last edited by KWo; 04-21-2014 at 14:26.