Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Mutant Tanks (v9.1, 3-20-2024)

Post New Thread Reply   

Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-21-2018 , 23:41   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #281

The reason I stopped supporting local/listen servers since v8.35 is because I kept getting all these bug reports from people using local/listen servers. While some of them were actual bugs and were fixed, a handful of them weren't even present after numerous tests on dedicated servers. Local/listen servers in general are unpredictable and unstable, which is why you don't see any posts or threads on this site that endorse them especially for L4D 1 and 2.
Old 08-22-2018 , 06:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_21 View Post
I play a local server with friends and I really love this Plugin !!! Pity that the author no longer supported local servers since version 8.35 which I find interesting by new powers. Fortunately, support versions 8.33, 8.34 which are compatible for local xD
If you want supertanks to work on listen server just remove the dedicated servercheck.
https://github.com/Psykotikism/Super...a478b71a38dc62
Spoiler

GPLv3 is so good!
Just 1 thing don't post bugs about supertanks++ if you have modified code, unless the bug is present in author's current version and can point to where&how it happens.

Commission me for L4D
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2018 , 07:27   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
If you want supertanks to work on listen server just remove the dedicated servercheck.
Spoiler

GPLv3 is so good!
Just 1 thing don't post bugs about supertanks++ if you have modified code, unless the bug is present in author's current version and can point to where&how it happens.
To add to this...

Just keep in mind that you'll have to keep doing that for every future update and I won't provide support for any bugs you encounter that can only be reproduced on local/listen servers.

Also, read the 3rd party notice at the very bottom of the README file... Which is, if you plan on distributing a fork of the plugin or any of its modules, you must rename the file so that it doesn't create confusion for other users. I don't want someone coming to me and telling me that my plugin is broken just because someone modified my code and released their revision to the public with the same filename... I'm providing free content to users so this isn't asking much from anyone.
Old 08-22-2018 , 09:22   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #284

In you modules why did you do a check for the library?
I recommend using the public SharedPlugin __pl_supertanksplusplus in your include.
Instead a better way which is dynamic whether super tanks++ is loaded or not.

PHP Code:
#define REQUIRE_PLUGIN
#include <super_tanks++>
#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN

Because sourcemod will managed this because super tanks++ is required the modules will not load until super tanks++ is loaded.

public 
SharedPlugin __pl_supertanksplusplus 
{

name "super_tanks++",

file "super_tanks++.smx",
#if defined REQUIRE_PLUGIN

required 1,
#else

required 0,
#endif
};

#if !defined REQUIRE_PLUGIN
public void __pl_supertanksplusplus_SetNTVOptional()
{

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_MaxTypes");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_PluginEnabled");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_SpawnTank");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_TankAllowed");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_TankType");

If you wish parts of the super tanks++ to be used if library is there then check the library if it exists and OnLibraryLoaded and unloaded

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-22-2018 at 09:24.
SilentBr
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2018 , 10:28   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #285

Hello Crasher_3637

I would like to request a new cvar:

Ignore this number of connect players to NOT multiply health.

If set to 5 (like I want to do in my 16coop server) that means:
If there are 1~5 connected players, the multiply health will not apply.
If there are 6 connected players, the multiply health will set X 2.
If there are 7 connected players, the multiply health will set X 3.
[...]

Thank you

Last edited by SilentBr; 08-22-2018 at 11:05.
Jerry_21
Old 08-22-2018 , 11:18   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #286

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
The reason I stopped supporting local/listen servers since v8.35 is because I kept getting all these bug reports from people using local/listen servers. While some of them were actual bugs and were fixed, a handful of them weren't even present after numerous tests on dedicated servers. Local/listen servers in general are unpredictable and unstable, which is why you don't see any posts or threads on this site that endorse them especially for L4D 1 and 2.

How strange, I see the folder of records and I have not found errors of any kind and they work well, If I have encountered errors in the game with certain powers but I do not mark error in records, as for example in some types of tank They remove all kinds of equipment, the bots are frozen and with open arms and some other minor thing but I remove some things from their configuration and work perfectly, it is a matter of modifying certain things.
As I said before, I am in version 8.33 and everything works well for me without errors that are noticed in the game or errors marked in the logs folder.
I have saved its complemeto from version 8.33 to the current one: p. And do not worry, I will not publish any of your wonderful work as you emphasize.
Jerry_21
Old 08-22-2018 , 11:29   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #287

Quote:
Spoiler

GPLv3 is so good!
Wow, muchas gracias, de hecho no tengo conocimiento en creación de plugins pero si me gusta mover ciertas cosas de ellos y a veces me funciona otras veces no pero solo lo hago para mi y no publico trabajos que no son mios, lo hice alguna vez con lastboss porque nadie veia interes para l4d1 pero aun asi di creditos al autor y a las personas que me ayudaron. Hace tiempo leí acerca de como crear plugins que nada mas fueran para servidores dedicados, y es lo que iba hacer, buscar esa pagina y quitar las lineas que usted dice pero que ya me la facilitó mas PP. De Nuevo Muchas Gracias.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2018 , 18:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #288

Quote:
In you modules why did you do a check for the library?
I recommend using the public SharedPlugin __pl_supertanksplusplus in your include.
Instead a better way which is dynamic whether super tanks++ is loaded or not.

PHP Code:
#define REQUIRE_PLUGIN
#include <super_tanks++>
#undef REQUIRE_PLUGIN

Because sourcemod will managed this because super tanks++ is required the modules will not load until super tanks++ is loaded.

public 
SharedPlugin __pl_supertanksplusplus 
{

name "super_tanks++",

file "super_tanks++.smx",
#if defined REQUIRE_PLUGIN

required 1,
#else

required 0,
#endif
};

#if !defined REQUIRE_PLUGIN
public void __pl_supertanksplusplus_SetNTVOptional()
{

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_MaxTypes");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_PluginEnabled");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_SpawnTank");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_TankAllowed");

MarkNativeAsOptional("ST_TankType");

If you wish parts of the super tanks++ to be used if library is there then check the library if it exists and OnLibraryLoaded and unloaded
I'll replace OnAllPluginsLoaded() with that in the next update. I can't really give an estimated time for the next update since I'm holding off in case there are any bug reports coming soon or features I want to add.

Side note: I looked up OnLibraryLoaded() and this thread is all that came up as a result. xD

Last edited by Psyk0tik; 08-22-2018 at 21:46.
Psyk0tik
Veteran Member
Old 08-22-2018 , 18:25   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBr View Post
Hello Crasher_3637

I would like to request a new cvar:

Ignore this number of connect players to NOT multiply health.

If set to 5 (like I want to do in my 16coop server) that means:
If there are 1~5 connected players, the multiply health will not apply.
If there are 6 connected players, the multiply health will set X 2.
If there are 7 connected players, the multiply health will set X 3.
[...]

Thank you
That won't be hard to add. I'll probably add that in the next update. Though, it'll be redundant since you can already have that functionality by using the playercount_configs stuff.
Old 08-22-2018 , 18:26   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Super Tanks++ (v8.36, 08-20-2018)
Reply With Quote #290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry_21 View Post
How strange, I see the folder of records and I have not found errors of any kind and they work well, If I have encountered errors in the game with certain powers but I do not mark error in records, as for example in some types of tank They remove all kinds of equipment, the bots are frozen and with open arms and some other minor thing but I remove some things from their configuration and work perfectly, it is a matter of modifying certain things.
As I said before, I am in version 8.33 and everything works well for me without errors that are noticed in the game or errors marked in the logs folder.
I have saved its complemeto from version 8.33 to the current one: p. And do not worry, I will not publish any of your wonderful work as you emphasize.
None of that stuff were bugs. Those are all effects of the Ghost, Ice, and other abilities.