Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Restrict Names 1.2a

Post New Thread Reply   

Meatwad
Old 09-03-2005 , 13:36  
Reply With Quote #11

0/\/\6, 7|-|15 15 73h 1337.

If you like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, then paste this onto your forehead. (Laugh out loud.)

Admin Weapons II
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-03-2005 , 21:30  
Reply With Quote #12

Awesome plugin, I'll have to grab it after the current issues are fixed. Glad I could help make it
Old 09-04-2005 , 05:52  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
If possible can you kick/ban the player as long as they try to connect?
I have this in my users.ini to get rid of these "Player" 's
"Player" "4jga89n6n4" "z" "a" ; Player
Add this to users.ini and it will kick everyone with the nick "Player" on connect.
Old 09-04-2005 , 07:25  
Reply With Quote #14

@jtp10181:

Thanks! I really don't know how long it would have taken me to write it had I not had your help! It is the first plugin that I've ever written for AMXX.

I dare say that it may show in the coding. My first *released* plugin for AMXX is, IMHO, much better coded though this one isn't so bad.

I'll try to get the next release out before this Labor Day weekend ends.
bErTo
Old 09-05-2005 , 12:28  
Reply With Quote #15

Been reading through the plugin Brad. Is there any way to "add" names not wanted while in game? That would be great. I would hate to have to write them down....then later add them to the ini file. Going to be installing this today and I will let you know how it works out.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-05-2005 , 12:57  
Reply With Quote #16

There is no way to currently add a new regex phrase while in game and I have no plans to add that functionality. I don't plan on adding it because while regular expressions aren't tough to figure out, it is *much* better to design your expression outside of the game and test it before ever putting it in the game. I know this from experience while creating this plugin.

I'm hardly ever set in my ways though. If you can convince me of an objectively strong benefit, I'd gladly reconsider.

The set of example phrases I provided are very effective for racist, homophobic, 'mygot' tags, and 'japs' tag, and 'player' names. Are there other sorts of names that you're finding that aren't being caught?
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2005 , 18:39  
Reply With Quote #17

make sure you have this

"game-deception"

thats something peoples name gets changed to while using YAhM
I would perma ban for that name. I think the full name is something like "www.game-deception.com"
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 09-05-2005 , 21:43  
Reply With Quote #18

Is this one of the rapidly changing names or is it a name they just randomly come in with? Just curious.

I'll go ahead and add that to the default set of filters that are supplied with this plugin when I next update the plugin itself. The next version of Restrict Names (it'll be 1.1) is in general testing right now (i.e. on my server without me watching) and I will be doing specific testing (i.e. on my server with me watching and trying specific variations of names and punishments) tomorrow.

As an aside, I know of two different ways to catch and ban the rapid name changing hacks.

The first is a plugin made by Johnny got his Gun. I believe it was written for 1.01 or a very similar version of AMXX. As such, if one is using the latest version of AMXX, I'd do a compare with Johnny's script against the stock 1.01 antiflood script and them apply the changes Johnny made to one's current antiflood.sma file. If this is beyond the abilities of the reader, please disregard.

The second (and what I use) is HLGuard. The latest version [1.8] offers protection against rapid name changers.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-05-2005 , 23:12  
Reply With Quote #19

Yes, it is one of the names used when rapidly changing, but if you catch just that name and ban instantly then... bye bye hacker. Also we were using HLGuard just for its name banning but it tends to cause lag and the server to perform a lot worse than normal even if all intensive features are disabled.

catching rapidly changing names would not be that hard. you need two variables, number of name changes allowed in X seconds. to detect if the players name has changed see the admin.sma for amxx. client_infochanged detects if the name has changed and tries to re-access the user if it has.
Old 09-05-2005 , 23:24  
Reply With Quote #20

thanks i needed something like this