Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 81

Post New Thread Reply   

msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-01-2009 , 01:55   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #11

I am too working on it.
Old 10-02-2009 , 10:51   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #12

So then unite together
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2009 , 13:36   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #13

I'm sure msleeper wants to do it on his own? I am more than happy to hand over my current development state to msleeper, if that is what he wants. Also I can give my help if needed. My only wish is that we get the plugin done and published VERY SOON.

msleeper: No need for the . I am looking forward for your updates on your progress with the Versus stats. In fact, I was hoping to get you back to work with the stats plugin with my little effort. I am sure it'll be great. I hope you'll be keeping us posted on your development a little more often than as of lately.

To all the rest of you Stats-freaks... you can check the progress by visiting:
Website for the stats: http://pilssi.dy.fi:8000/l4d/stats/
Server address: pilssi.dy.fi:27016 (I am running server with original Stats on the same address and port 27015)
Server name: Strangers Bakery - Modded (I used to run a Perkmod in there, but currently it is disabled.)

Occasionally I have to reset the stats, because I want the data to be clean and be able to debug it when necessary.

Last edited by muukis; 10-02-2009 at 14:42.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2009 , 19:04   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #14

Is this just a Versus enabled version of my current stats? I ask because that's exactly what I wanted to avoid - I was working on making something a bit more competitive and skill-oriented.
Old 10-03-2009 , 02:58   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #15

Well... partially it is. I have not changed the existing point earning system a lot. But I have included infected point earning system. It still requires tweaking and perhaps total alterations on some parts.
olj
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2009 , 03:23   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #16

You can read his changelog - he is doing well as to versus specific stuff. Anyway you 2 should cooperate somehow. Oh damn, i forgot to add carma
Old 10-03-2009 , 07:03   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #17

I am almost ready for a public beta. I'll let the plugin run for a while in the server mentioned previously and see what the outcome is... if it looks ok then I'll release... something...

I have added a ledge detection (an Infected caused a Survivor to fall and grab a ledge) to all of the Infected. Also the fall damage detection is implemented, but it will require some work probably. Not sure if any of these work, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Another thing which was implemented was the detection of damage done by normal Infected (zombies if you will) under some influence of the special Infected (Hunter lunge, Smoker paralyzation, Boomer blindness.) In that case the damage inflicted by the normal infected is calculated for the good of the special Infected. Also if a Survivor is killed or incapped by the zombies under the influence of a special or specials (boomer and smoker or hunter), the success points/awards are given to the special(s). The same goes to here: not sure if anything works just yet...

I'm not sure how to calculate the damage done with Tank projectiles like cars etc. I'm sure it can be done somehow?

Last edited by muukis; 10-03-2009 at 08:13.
muukis
Veteran Member
Old 10-04-2009 , 14:19   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus)
Reply With Quote #18

Everything seems to be in order, so here's a public Alpha version if anyone wants to see how it works. I'd be very happy if I would receive some feedback and/or bug reports from some of you.

Please note that this is Alpha and therefore not all features are working properly and some of the features are not implemented yet. I still have a lot of work to do but since my testing is so limited I hope I'll get help from you.

Edit: The sources were released. I am not too happy about it but since that's the only way the so be it. Like I said, I was going to publish the sources after the Alpha stage was developed to Beta. Here you go... It's a mess and the commenting is lacking.

Installation
Make a completely new database for this, please! You should NOT overwrite or merge the existing stats tables for the use of this. I have not locked the database fields yet and some may even get deleted in the next version. Add a new configuration entity for your databases.cfg. Name it to l4dstats_test. Configure your common.php and run createtables.php. Copy the l4d_stats_test.smx to your game server plugins directory and either restart the server or execute console command "sm plugins load l4d_stats_test". Please try tweaking the values from the autocreated l4d_stats_test.cfg configuration file.

Notice
The Alpha version is configured so that it writes some debug information to Error Log.
All the stats collected and points earned from Co-op are almost the same as they were before in the original v1.1.1 version but by default there is a cooldown mode for friendly fire, which was not there in the original version. This mode can be disabled so the stats should be exactly the same as before. The points earned in Versus game mode are far from being balanced right. I am hoping that YOU can help me with this. After a week or two of Versus stats collected, in my opinion the Map stats should be somewhat the same on both sides (Infected and Survivors). If you can provide better pictures for both team, please! Do so. The ones zipped here are googled in less than one minute.
Attached Files
File Type: zip web_stats_test.zip (47.2 KB, 119 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (l4d_stats_test.sp - 417 views - 115.6 KB)

Last edited by muukis; 10-05-2009 at 01:42. Reason: Forced to release Alpha source
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-04-2009 , 16:18   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #19

You cannot post a compiled plugin without also posting the source. It is a security risk, and against the GPL. Please upload the source, or remove the compiled plugin until you are ready to release the source.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-04-2009 , 19:52   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op and Versus) - Alpha Build 53
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog View Post
You cannot post a compiled plugin without also posting the source. It is a security risk, and against the GPL. Please upload the source, or remove the compiled plugin until you are ready to release the source.
There have been exceptions to these rules in previous instances. If you feel insecure running the plugin then do not. I personally think that while it is in alpha/beta testing it should remain under wraps, So he does not have to chase down modifications others are making to it.