Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Makes func_tanktrain not give you an unfair boost after touching it.
    Old 07-01-2018 , 13:17   [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #1

A very simple plugin which prevents func_tanktrain or func_tracktrain from giving you an unfair boost after touching it.
    This plugin should ONLY be used if your server has auto-bunnyhopping enabled or has any auto-bh based styles (if you're using a bhop timer), otherwise it's pointless!

Source Code

I've tested it in CS:GO only and I don't know if it works in other games as well.
    Someone please let me know if there are any problems on other platforms.

Video Example

Well that's it. There's not much more to say about this plugin.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (func_tanktrain-unbooster.sp - 675 views - 2.1 KB)

Last edited by Nickelony; 07-01-2018 at 14:18. Reason: Added video example.
    sneaK
    SourceMod Moderator
    Old 07-01-2018 , 13:31   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #2

Could you provide an example of what an 'unfair boost' would be? Seems like something I'd personally like to implement, but I never noticed any issues with tracktrains.
    Old 07-01-2018 , 14:12   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
    Could you provide an example of what an 'unfair boost' would be? Seems like something I'd personally like to implement, but I never noticed any issues with tracktrains.
    Added a video to the post.
    butare
    Old 07-01-2018 , 15:35   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #4

Why is it "unfair" boost tho? Everyone will get boosted when they jump off that func_trucktrain, so what's the point?
    butare
    Old 07-01-2018 , 15:39   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #5

Also this types of maps will be impossible to complete with that plugin, https://youtu.be/vnWNB38TMpc?t=6m24s
    Nickelony
    Old 07-01-2018 , 15:51   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butare View Post
    Why is it "unfair" boost tho? Everyone will get boosted when they jump off that func_trucktrain, so what's the point?
    Sometimes you are losing speed and sometimes you are randomly gaining more speed. That's why it's unfair and people really wanted to have this fixed on my server.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by butare View Post
    Also this types of maps will be impossible to complete with that plugin, https://youtu.be/vnWNB38TMpc?t=6m24s
    The plugin only affects you if you land on the platform for a single tick, so this case won't be affected at all.
    butare
    Old 07-01-2018 , 15:55   Re: [ANY?] func_tanktrain Fix (Unbooster) - Great for bhop
    Reply With Quote #7

Well that's part of the maps, it's same as rotating blocks, that you may or may not hit with the same route, so I really don't see a problem here, but okay.