Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Lack of moderators + Reporting posts

Post New Thread Reply   

asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-13-2017 , 15:23   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #31

The 60-second delay can not go away until vB goes away, if the forum wont let you report a post just move on, hopefully someone else will.

I'm going to see if I can persuade it to indicate if you've already reported a post, but no guarantees - I have a lot of donation stuff to finish off first anyway.

Last edited by asherkin; 04-13-2017 at 15:23.
Relaxing
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-14-2017 , 02:05   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #32

60sec delay isn't a big problem, if the member keeps posting on wrong sections the best way is to report him not his post(if he keeps posting on wrong section). Theres tons of peeps hanging here, so you're not the only one reporting.
Old 04-14-2017 , 03:14   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by OciXCrom View Post
Your colleague didn't say the same thing exactly. I'll say it again - the 60 seconds delay for reporting posts needs to go away if you want users to report posts instead of replying to them.
Are you intentionally ignoring the perfectly acceptable solution that I've linked to in my previous post?

Spamming the email inboxes of our lovely staff is not a courteous thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Please see: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...5&postcount=14

There is nothing internal to this forum software that marks a post as reported (which is why reporting a post more than once is possible), so this manner of quickly reporting multiple posts should be just fine. There is no practical difference on the moderator's end.

If you report post after post after post, all individually, then all you're doing is sending a ton of messages right to the email inboxes of every single mod with rights on that particular board. Please don't spam them.

Again, reports on this forum software go to the EMAIL INBOXES of EVERY SINGLE MOD who could possibly do something about the post you're reporting. One email per mod, per report.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-14-2017 at 03:15.
redivcram
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2017 , 05:35   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #34

Also, what's the point of replying when a goody good eventually solves the OP's problem?

Last edited by redivcram; 04-14-2017 at 05:36.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2018 , 03:42   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #35

i noticed that when you click DONATE, you get to sourcemod page with logo and everything, i wanted to donate to help the forum, but decided not to, because if i, that only works with HL1 servers, will be helping people to go to sourcemod, where the money is, they should change the Donate page, be to whole alliedmodder forum!
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 04-26-2018 , 03:48   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #36

???

The donations go to AlliedModders LLC, for the sole purpose of keeping the webservers and other infrastructure running. It literally pays the electricity bill that keeps this forum up, among every other bit of AM tech.

Last edited by ddhoward; 04-26-2018 at 03:51.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 04-26-2018 , 03:51   Re: Lack of moderators + Reporting posts
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
i noticed that when you click DONATE, you get to sourcemod page with logo and everything, i wanted to donate to help the forum, but decided not to, because if i, that only works with HL1 servers, will be helping people to go to sourcemod, where the money is, they should change the Donate page, be to whole alliedmodder forum!
All donations go towards AlliedModders' infrastructure costs, which is shared by all projects.