Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?

Post New Thread Reply   

zwooz
Old 03-22-2018 , 22:26   Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #1

As the title. I've been trying all day. Tried to use a VPN but they only allowed random port forward sequences.

Can I do it some other way?

Thanks.

Edit lol I signed up here when I was 14 and I still remember my login.

Last edited by zwooz; 03-22-2018 at 22:28.
CookieCrumbler
Old 03-23-2018 , 00:58   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #2

If you can't port forward on your physical router try using port forward software
zwooz
Old 03-23-2018 , 05:49   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #3

You mean on my USB reciever?

Or my Galaxy S5?

Last edited by zwooz; 03-23-2018 at 05:50.
CookieCrumbler
Old 03-23-2018 , 05:53   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #4

share the internet access with your computer and run the port forward software on your computer
zwooz
Old 03-24-2018 , 07:28   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #5

There is no Port forward on my usb dongle. :/ Oh well, vpn seems like the real alternative.
haZh
Old 03-28-2018 , 06:22   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #6

I have also used a 3G mobile dongle in the past but I don't think they have an in-built port forward function. So you might be out of luck there. Or maybe you could ask your ISP to assign you a public IP address with open ports, but it's not ideal to host a server with a network connection like that since it's highly unstable in most cases.
Old 04-25-2018 , 06:15   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwooz View Post
As the title. I've been trying all day. Tried to use a VPN but they only allowed random port forward sequences.

Can I do it some other way?

Thanks.

Edit lol I signed up here when I was 14 and I still remember my login.
you have to use a APN on the Device, here in South Africa i use Vodacom and on my LTE router i use "unrestricted" APN and then my IP changes to "41.192.255.27" from 41.13.220.14 (i can then host on my home network Through LTE) which then my connection is Unshaped Unthrottled and all my Ports are open when i use "Virtual Servers" under security so you have to put your sim card into a Huawei Router and phone your mobile provider for the APN to have your ports opened.
Old 04-25-2018 , 06:18   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by haZh View Post
I have also used a 3G mobile dongle in the past but I don't think they have an in-built port forward function. So you might be out of luck there. Or maybe you could ask your ISP to assign you a public IP address with open ports, but it's not ideal to host a server with a network connection like that since it's highly unstable in most cases.
yeah to be able to host on LTE you have to make sure the Tower you are connecting to is not Congested like if the Servers under the tower are congested of hosting then you will find the ping to your router is over 40 milliseconds - 120 milliseconds. you would have to make sure you allow incoming connections on the firewall of the Huawei Router then have your router pinged by https://www.fdcservers.net/lg/ you have to go to http://www.whatismyip.com copy your IP into the FDCServers page and choose the server

Last edited by Crazygamer34894; 04-25-2018 at 06:20.
Send a message via Yahoo to Crazygamer34894 Send a message via Skype™ to Crazygamer34894
Crazygamer34894
Old 07-08-2018 , 15:11   Re: Can I run HLDS online server on a mobile hotspot?
Reply With Quote #9

adding Suggestions...
The Thing about LTE the ping Fluctuate over Long Range "depends how Far away from The cellular tower you are" if you are close "if the tower is down the road and around the corner" regardless of Signal strength i get good ping into my LTE router 16 - 30ms which is not so Fantastic if you want Super FAST Response. the other problem with LTE is you do not always get a Static IP your ping will change automatically after 2 Days then you would need to use NOIP Dedicated Domain Name Service which then the IP resolves to a Static Domain name. rather look for a Wireless internet provider where they install Ubiquiti Dish and mikrotik Routers over PPoE but some still do not give Static IP so rather your best option is to pay for a Dedicated Server in a data center where you will get 1 - 25ms ping thats all you can do