12% 

new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser

Post New Thread Reply   

TwOzCaR
Old 12-06-2011 , 11:59   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoD-Tony View Post
Here is an updated version that will properly show your teammates on radar. If this works then I'll merge it into the wallhack module.

CS:S only for now. I don't think other games can be exploited this way anyway.
CONGRATULATIONS MATE!

we have now official deleted Steambans-Guardian from our servers you managed to block faresp and it works even better now HOLY F*CK
damn it blocks good haha this is gonna be fun, we ain't met one team yet who could beat us after this new module

edit: versus bots when im dead i can see the whole enemy team, but it may be because its bots right?

kindly regards SMAC Team. TwOzCaR

Last edited by TwOzCaR; 12-06-2011 at 12:14. Reason: versus
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2011 , 12:55   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #22

Good to hear it's working! I may have one more update for this to make the behaviour a bit more natural, but it's looking great so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwOzCaR View Post
edit: versus bots when im dead i can see the whole enemy team, but it may be because its bots right?
Most of the SMAC modules do nothing to players that are dead/spectating.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-06-2011 at 12:56.
TwOzCaR
Old 12-06-2011 , 13:03   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Good to hear it's working! I may have one more update for this to make the behaviour a bit more natural, but it's looking great so far.

Most of the SMAC modules do nothing to players that are dead/spectating.
we need the anti-wallhack and anti-faresp modules to be enabled for cs-s only then because the dead players (which can be cheaters) may reveal our position to teammates ;)

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-06-2011 , 13:36   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Quote:
we need the anti-wallhack and anti-faresp modules to be enabled for cs-s only then because the dead players (which can be cheaters) may reveal our position to teammates ;)
Let me know if there are any differences regarding this when you test with real players. I'm not sure what data is sent to spectators yet, but if your server forces first-person spectating then it might already work properly.
Old 12-06-2011 , 14:06   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Let me know if there are any differences regarding this when you test with real players. I'm not sure what data is sent to spectators yet, but if your server forces first-person spectating then it might already work properly.
i have tested versus real players now, but i will say that the anti wallhack and farESP module needs to be activated (maybe only for cs-s specific) for all players even when dead i could use my wallhack to give information to my teammates, it doesn't suit cs-s when its a very much team based game with easy death and little locations to come from.

so tony if u could make so the anti wh is enabled for dead players also it would be very good for clan gaming

and the options to put the farESP and anti WH only on opposite team would be nifty to have later on mate ;)

Fearts
ferts of daeth
Old 12-06-2011 , 19:24   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Would you be willing to record a demo showing this? I'd like to see exactly how it's happening.
Watch from tick 2300-2400. If you slow it down to like 10% you will see the CT slide as if on ice. Watching at 100% you will see the flicker.
Attached Files
File Type: zip antiwall3.zip (597.5 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by Fearts; 12-06-2011 at 19:26.
blue zebra
BANNED
Old 12-07-2011 , 05:16   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #27

Tony.
Please don't integrate this function to the anti-wallhack module.
Let please an independent module. Some server don't use the wallhack module, because in the CSS, a little bit visually buggy now and eat too many CPU time.
This is only my opinion.

Last edited by blue zebra; 12-07-2011 at 05:17.
Despirator
Old 12-07-2011 , 06:07   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #28

i agree with blue_zebra
TwOzCaR
Old 12-07-2011 , 06:50   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue zebra View Post
Tony.
Please don't integrate this function to the anti-wallhack module.
Let please an independent module. Some server don't use the wallhack module, because in the CSS, a little bit visually buggy now and eat too many CPU time.
This is only my opinion.
i could not disagree more, if the anti wh module doesn't suit u.

then don't use it, simple as that. it works pretty well on war servers

GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 12-07-2011 , 07:11   Re: new "test module" smac_faresp blocker/confuser
Reply With Quote #30

Before this turns into a flame war, I'll say that most cheaters use farESP as a feature of their wallhack. This means if you only block farESP and allow them to use their wallhack, you wouldn't be making much of a difference. They should really be run together or not at all.

That being said, if all of the code ends up being CS:S specific then it may move into it's own module to prevent bloat, but then it would still be going against my first point. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearts View Post
Watch from tick 2300-2400. If you slow it down to like 10% you will see the CT slide as if on ice. Watching at 100% you will see the flicker.
Thanks, would you mind running another test after I make some changes to the module?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue zebra View Post
Some server don't use the wallhack module, because in the CSS, a little bit visually buggy now and eat too many CPU time.
The visuals are being worked on, and the CPU usage has been greatly reduced recently.

Quote:
so tony if u could make so the anti wh is enabled for dead players also it would be very good for clan gaming

and the options to put the farESP and anti WH only on opposite team would be nifty to have later on mate
I'll consider both of these the same feature. It will be a command that allows admins to enable the anti-wallhack only for specific players. Something like smac_wallhack_filter <name>/@all/@cts. The filter would apply to spectators as well.

Last edited by GoD-Tony; 12-07-2011 at 07:31.