Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack

Post New Thread Reply   

claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 11-30-2023 , 20:48   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUsHnUt View Post
for implementing my suggestion!

A couple of questions stll remain:

1) I see that firstblood triggers the same event as grenade, knife, teamkill, ...
What if the first kill is any of the possible kill methods from that same category?
In other words; If the first kill is made by knife/grenade, will both hud messages not overlap eachother since they share the same Y_POS?
Even triple if that is a teamkill...
Sorry if there is a delay function when more than 1 hudmsg is triggered & it's in "AQS.sma". I haven't delved too deep into the sourcecode ( yet ).
Nonetheless I still think firstblood needs to have a seperate category as a grenade kill is not very uncommon as the first frag ( think about maps like fy_pool_day for example ).
It's ok if you wanna leave it this way though.

2) By default the hudmsg of headshot is left empty. Does it also fall into the QS_EVENT category when enabled?
If yes, a firstblood headshot by a knife that is a teamkill ( very unlikely but still possible ) will trigger quadruple hudmsg .
Again, no problem if there's a delay.

3) Can you split the flawless victory hudmsg colors into 2 parts? Now you can only set 1 color for both teams.
Being able to set ( for example ) blue for CT & red for T victory is a feature that lots of users will actualy want/use.

Thanks in advance.
The Last Man Standing/ Flawless Victory are now CT/ TE based.
Team Kill message will overwrite a Knife/ Grenade kill message. However both messages are visible for at least 0.45 s.
May not add more HUD channels (for FB for example). The games are old and won't support too many.
Due to the delay, I've implemented the possibility of extending the round end period in order to allow all the features to trigger before launching a new round.

Last edited by claudiuhks; 11-30-2023 at 20:50.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
rUsHnUt
Old 12-02-2023 , 12:49   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #262

Sweet. Will test when I find the time for it in the coming weeks.

Why DKILL TIME FRAME = 0.100000?
Isn't the only possible double kill, at least in cs1.6 without custom weapons by plugins, either the grenade or the bullet? And those do not have a time delay whatsoever.

I'm saying this cause I had problems in the past when playing with bots as the DKILL was sometimes triggered when either 2 bots ( or me and 1 bot ) both made a single kill in that 0.1 second timeframe.
Bots share the same STEAMID as me when it's a listen server ( I'm not sure the same applies for a dedicated one ).
Also my guess is that the same will happen on an online rented server except for "player<->bot" where bots have a different ID than humans.

Maybe add a check if the so called double kill comes from the same player. There can't be a second player with the exact same ingame nickname.
I'm not a coder but it's either changing DKILL TIME FRAME to 0.0 or adding a check for player name.

P.s.: I think you uploaded something by accident with the previous update ( cstrikeORczeroONLY∕addons∕amxmodx∕configs∕.zi p ).

Last edited by rUsHnUt; 12-02-2023 at 13:18.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 12-02-2023 , 13:53   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by rUsHnUt View Post
Sweet. Will test when I find the time for it in the coming weeks.

Why DKILL TIME FRAME = 0.100000?
Isn't the only possible double kill, at least in cs1.6 without custom weapons by plugins, either the grenade or the bullet? And those do not have a time delay whatsoever.

I'm saying this cause I had problems in the past when playing with bots as the DKILL was sometimes triggered when either 2 bots ( or me and 1 bot ) both made a single kill in that 0.1 second timeframe.
Bots share the same STEAMID as me when it's a listen server ( I'm not sure the same applies for a dedicated one ).
Also my guess is that the same will happen on an online rented server except for "player<->bot" where bots have a different ID than humans.

Maybe add a check if the so called double kill comes from the same player. There can't be a second player with the exact same ingame nickname.
I'm not a coder but it's either changing DKILL TIME FRAME to 0.0 or adding a check for player name.

P.s.: I think you uploaded something by accident with the previous update ( cstrikeORczeroONLY∕addons∕amxmodx∕configs∕.zi p ).
The Double Kill bug was fixed months ago, I agree, it existed (at least one past version was affected).
0.1 is by default. You can change to 0.000001 if you want.

That archive is not uploaded by accident, it's required for CS/ CZ game servers that are not Deathmatch (or are Deathmatch but run multiple rounds per map). Should be ignored if already running ReAPI. Should be ignored if your AMXX version (edition) comes already with get_gamerules_float into /addons/amxmodx/scripting/include/fakemeta.inc.

* Fixed a CS/ CZ bug in which fast switching from AWP to KNIFE made the plugin trigger the KNIFE event.
* Fixed a CS/ CZ bug in which The Last Man Standing event did not work properly.
* Fixed a CS/ CZ bug in which the Flawless Victory event did not show up due to a post round end team balancing plugin (if any & in use).

Last edited by claudiuhks; 12-19-2023 at 08:57.
Send a message via MSN to claudiuhks Send a message via Yahoo to claudiuhks Send a message via Skype™ to claudiuhks
CARBONXXX
Old 12-04-2023 , 19:58   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #264

Thanks for your continued support, we really appreciate it. If i see some issues, i'll definitely report them.
Send a message via Skype™ to CARBONXXX
CARBONXXX
Old 12-05-2023 , 06:45   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #265

I've tried today Half-Life, and only the commit suicide sound plays so far, i heard no other sound or text on the screen. I don't know if you can help me, maybe i'm doing something wrong.
claudiuhks
Yam Inside®™℠
Old 12-05-2023 , 20:54   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARBONXXX View Post
I've tried today Half-Life, and only the commit suicide sound plays so far, i heard no other sound or text on the screen. I don't know if you can help me, maybe i'm doing something wrong.
Do you see any error logs? Check the /addons/amxmodx/logs/ directory.

Make sure file /addons/amxmodx/configs/AQS.ini exists.
Make sure folder /valve/sound/AQS/ exists and it's filled up with WAV files.
Old 12-07-2023 , 07:58   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #267

All of the files are in their correct places, here's the AQS.log:

L 09/25/2023 - 14:48:29: Log file started (file "valve\addons\amxmodx\logs\AQS.log") (game "valve") (amx "1.8.2")
L 09/25/2023 - 14:48:29: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 09/25/2023 - 14:48:29: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 09/25/2023 - 14:48:29: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 09/25/2023 - 14:48:29: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 09/25/2023 - 15:03:00: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 09/25/2023 - 15:03:00: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 09/25/2023 - 15:03:00: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 09/25/2023 - 15:03:00: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 12/05/2023 - 01:42:43: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 12/05/2023 - 01:42:43: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 12/05/2023 - 01:42:43: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 12/05/2023 - 01:42:43: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 12/05/2023 - 13:28:28: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 12/05/2023 - 13:28:28: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 12/05/2023 - 13:28:28: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 12/05/2023 - 13:28:28: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 12/06/2023 - 13:555: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 12/06/2023 - 13:555: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 12/06/2023 - 13:555: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 12/06/2023 - 13:555: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 12/07/2023 - 14:19:08: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 12/07/2023 - 14:19:08: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 12/07/2023 - 14:19:08: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 12/07/2023 - 14:19:08: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
L 12/07/2023 - 14:224: ********************************************* ********************************************* **********************
L 12/07/2023 - 14:224: Sql Database Connection Failed.
L 12/07/2023 - 14:224: The Following Call Failed [ SQL_SetAffinity ( 'sqlite' ) ].
L 12/07/2023 - 14:224: Per Steam Player Preferences Will Not Be Stored In Any Database.
CARBONXXX
Old 12-15-2023 , 06:27   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #268

I have a lot of sound variants for the same killstreak sound, but as i tested it and played over and over, i didn't heard any different killstreak sounds but the same every single time, and i have all the required sounds in place, here i'll link my AQS.ini and AQS sounds folder so you can check it for yourself.
Attached Files
File Type: ini AQS.ini (27.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: zip AQS.zip (5.64 MB, 32 views)
xncd
Old 12-15-2023 , 21:22   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v5.0 [ALL GAMES] & Optional Sounds Pack
Reply With Quote #269

Hello!
I would like to immediately apologize for my English, I am typing this message through a translator. I hope you understand me and my question.

Please tell me how to make sure that the kill count for playing sounds does not accumulate from round to round if the player is alive, but starts anew at the start of a new round, even if the player does not die?

I really hope that you understand what I mean)
Thank you in advance for your response!
matkoimre
Old 12-16-2023 , 07:27   Re: Advanced Quake Sounds v3.0
Reply With Quote #270

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
Redundant, badly coded, unapproved.

->

csx is not used (could be better to use client_kill forward than DeathMsg, your choice)
fakemeta is used for bad reasons

Lot of redundant functions to get list/numbers of players, use rather get_players, flag a or b, and use cs_get_user_team and not get_user_team), and try to do all in a single function.

I also would be glad to be able to set streak levels, sounds and sentences from cfg file.
Hello!

In which line is the part where you can rewrite the text into Hungarian?