[new] seDirector - auto-update Windows servers

Post New Thread Reply   

Nolongerinthegame
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-29-2011 , 17:28   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dw3r3w0lf View Post
Is the path to your hldsupdatetool proper? Have you set the settings to show all so you can see everything? Maybe you just need to be a bit patient and let the files download. You could also be crashing because of the server itself and the program just restarts it so it looks like it just keeps restarting it.

There could be a lot of issues with it but i have windows and it works for me. :]
I put HLdsupdatetool in a folder instead of my desktop set the path in settings...and new update for TF2, still the server says its applied the update and restarts, and message keeps reappearing

EDIT: I did not realise the automatic update control was disabled in the individual server option. Ive ticked it now and manually updated server and restarted.

Now big test will be for next update...it SHOULD automatically update

Last edited by Nolongerinthegame; 07-29-2011 at 17:58.
SatlaN
Old 07-31-2011 , 05:17   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #22

Does it have a linux Version?
Atreus
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-02-2011 , 04:29   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #23

Is there any way to get JUST the auto-update functionality out of this for use with another panel? We use TCAdmin, and right now, as I posted in more detail in the thread for the actual application paired with this, I can't give up the ability for my other admins to handle server starts/restarts/etc. I would like to, however, have the auto-update functionality provided by this.

edit: From the screenshots, I don't think it does. I haven't installed the program yet for the above reasons, but I guess what it would need to do (if it can't already) is stop the service TCAdmin creates for the server, update, and then start the service back up. It's easily enough done with the "net stop"/"net start" commands, and make sure the process is closed, I guess. Perhaps you coulud add the ability in the main app to add a "External Server" entry, kind of like Steam's "Add non-steam game", that could do this? I know a lot of other people would probably adore that.

Last edited by Atreus; 08-02-2011 at 04:32.
Send a message via AIM to Atreus Send a message via MSN to Atreus
coeocjf
Old 08-10-2011 , 09:45   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #24

I just update program to new version
Servers are reboot repeatly.
And whe I don't use srcdsadmin, server is working perfectly.
sc0ring
Old 09-01-2011 , 11:19   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #25

First of all, great work!
..is there any way to make the automátic restarts occur when there is a map change or at server start/restart? it would be annoying to be in the middle of a match and get the server restarted as the guy up there said

Last edited by sc0ring; 09-01-2011 at 11:57.
mrsus
Old 09-02-2011 , 01:11   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #26

dev stop support ?
Minoost
SourceMod Donor
Old 09-04-2011 , 06:52   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #27

so now status?
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 09-04-2011 , 09:02   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #28

nice work... this will help many admins... myself, i reboot the host during early morning lul hours and have an update check written into the launch script... that way i hit the valve update servers in an off peak time... i used to update right away, but valve always pushes the update out right smack in the middle of evening playtime for my timezone and their severs get so slammed that it takes an hour or more to get the update... doing it during my offpeak reboot makes it take less than 10 minutes...

i guess the moral of this little soap box tour of mine is perhaps a cvar to set a reboot time... or even a delay timer to allow the mad rush on the valve servers to calm a bit... just my 2 cents...

however, let me say again, Great Work! this has been needed by windows admins for a LOOOOONG time!!

+Karma
Old 09-07-2011 , 21:41   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #29

start with some good here,
now my problem is when seting up 12 tf2 servers i cant seem to get the next one to work now what im getting is Starting server 12
Server 12 crashed by closing i have change ports dont work but now if i change mods say l4d then it will work but dont work on css or tf2.. so am i missing something :/
Alice.bnd
Old 09-25-2011 , 11:04   Re: SRCDSAdmin - auto-update Windows servers
Reply With Quote #30

Servers started under SRCDSAdmin have more lags, than started under cmd-command. I do not know why. Somebody knows?
Send a message via ICQ to Alice.bnd