Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[v3.5] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows

Post New Thread Reply   

entrailz
Old 02-03-2016 , 10:23   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #581

Quote:
Originally Posted by br5dy View Post
Yeah, exactly. I wish I could just make it happen in one release but there is a ton of testing that goes into it.
Exactly,

Exposing the control of the servers to the internet through an API is a pretty big thing, so I can only assume the amount of testing/security prep that needs to go into this is insane.
SM411
Old 02-16-2016 , 07:02   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #582

Is auto-update without source-mod possible? I run a match server used in leagues where no addons are allowed (except eBot).
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2016 , 10:47   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #583

Quote:
Originally Posted by SM411 View Post
Is auto-update without source-mod possible? I run a match server used in leagues where no addons are allowed (except eBot).
Hello,

No, not at the moment. The reason being that the addon talks to seDirector to let it know that the server notified players and shut down gracefully.

For now, you could schedule an update through the "Tasks" tab to run at a certain time every day. That may be the best workaround.

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2016 , 15:15   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #584

PRICE REDUCED!

New pricing as of Feb 19, 2016:
seDirector Lite - $15
seDirector Pro - $30
Details here

More good news: a hefty update is coming out within a week or so!

Here are some of the new and exciting features in the update (all seDirector Pro features):
  • SFTP (SSH) Synchronization
  • Custom port for FTP/SFTP Sync
  • Able to perform an FTP/SFTP Sync on demand
  • Able to perform a BZ2 Compression on demand
  • Stock maps ignored for BZ2 Compression and FTP/SFTP Sync
  • Duplicate a server in just a few clicks
  • Easier access to server folders

seDirector - a management tool for all of your Windows-based Source Engine servers (auto-update, too)

Last edited by br5dy; 02-19-2016 at 15:18.
Unreal1
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-19-2016 , 22:45   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #585

Wow this software looks great! Still feels like it need some work for things like easy sourcemod installation, modification of the timer for auto-updating , and WEB ACCESS!!! But I love the effort put into it so I bought the pro version to support development even though I'm only running one server
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2016 , 08:43   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #586

when auto update and server start it make my servers chaos... some servers not turning on and port errors appearing almost of my servers.... I really like this program but this issue caused since it first release
in back time I don't post this here but my server growing almost 20+ servers I really pissed by this errors... please.. I really need fix for this..

Last edited by braak0327; 03-01-2016 at 08:45.
Send a message via Skype™ to braak0327
entrailz
Old 03-03-2016 , 13:07   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #587

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post
when auto update and server start it make my servers chaos... some servers not turning on and port errors appearing almost of my servers.... I really like this program but this issue caused since it first release
in back time I don't post this here but my server growing almost 20+ servers I really pissed by this errors... please.. I really need fix for this..

I am having this issue too - it says the server failed to update, but it starts the server anyway.

It also says it failed to update if the update finishes really fast.

When the server starts after a "failed update" it doesn't show as running, so when you launch it again you get conflicting ports.

Thanks
spot
Old 03-03-2016 , 17:19   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #588

Anyone know a good Linux control panel?
braak0327
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-03-2016 , 20:20   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #589

Quote:
Originally Posted by entrailz View Post
I am having this issue too - it says the server failed to update, but it starts the server anyway.

It also says it failed to update if the update finishes really fast.

When the server starts after a "failed update" it doesn't show as running, so when you launch it again you get conflicting ports.

Thanks
It can be solved by manually update server one by one with steamcmd link file with command

ex) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Asher Software\SteamCMD\steamcmd.exe" +login anonymous +force_install_dir D:\TF2#DEATHRUN +app_update 232250 validate +quit
br5dy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-06-2016 , 00:54   Re: [v3.2] seDirector - manage your Source servers - srcds.exe auto-update in Windows
Reply With Quote #590

Quote:
Originally Posted by braak0327 View Post

So that message will come up if the srcds.exe process is not launched or closes after 5-7 seconds of starting the program. Usually that is due to a failed update.

Can you email me with steps to reproduce the problem and a little more info? [email protected]

Thank you.