Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Players getting Powers First round

Post New Thread Reply   

Prowler
Old 08-31-2004 , 20:08   Players getting Powers First round
Reply With Quote #1

Im aware there is a sh_loadimmediate cvar, and to be honest i have no idea what ours is set to (i do not have direct access to the server, i have to go through management ) what i DO know is that when changing maps the first few players that log in will get powers in the "pistol" round, whilst the rest are left with a glock or usp, and normally get gunned down by a person with a colt who has powers.

It seems to work as players get into the game first, say people with faster connections/pc's. if about 5 people for example all join the server in a relativly short time frame (must be the first 5) they will all joing their seperate teams and the game will initiate a "game commencing" this will then count to all players that were in the "first" round as this being their second (and therefore having powers) while everyone who joined after the game "commenced" will have pistols.

Is there any way to set it so that when the "game" resets (Money, frags, etc) that players all get the "xp will load next round?" Or perhaps just changing the setting to sh_loadimmediate to 1 and just give everyone powers on first round to make it even (although i do enjoy pistol round )

Thanks for that, Appreciate your work, i am completly addicted to your mod and i simply can't get enough of it
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 08-31-2004 , 20:54  
Reply With Quote #2

if a player is on a team and spawns when a round first starts they thier XP. The reason it doesn't load XP right when new people join and waits till next round is to prevent lag during gameplay while it digs in the vault file. So basically it does not always make a player wait a round to load thier XP, if they join and pick a team just as a new round starts it should load thier XP...

so... not a bug, not fixing it.
Old 09-01-2004 , 04:13  
Reply With Quote #3

Yeah, i know its not a bug hence posting in tech support, not bug reports.

Guess i'll just have to deal with it
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 09-01-2004 , 06:44  
Reply With Quote #4

actually.... you posted in bug reports, I moved it to tech support :-p
Old 09-01-2004 , 07:29  
Reply With Quote #5

Oh... errr Oops