Sven Co-op Player vs Player
(or Sven Co-op PVP, for short) is a plugin that allows you and the players of your server to fight each other. As you may already know, Sven Co-op is a co-op game that pits you and the players against AI-Controller mobs the SC team ensured to remove any instance of PVPing in the game, however, there are methods how to enable it.
The most known method is map-based
, basically it will fill the maps with certain triggers and conditions that enable you to kill other players, but this is allowed in only certain maps (or you could do the painful process of ripenting every one of your old HLDM maps to enable this)
This plugin automates this, if the cvar included in the plugin is enabled, it will enable PVP between players at map start. Extremely useful if you want to set up a PVP server without any hassle. Just enable the plugin, put some classic HLDM/OP4 maps and play! This plugin does everything for you.
- Fool-Proof! Just enable the plugin and play!
- Compatible with most, if not all, HLDM and OP4DM maps.
- Included a method to enable scoring when killing other players (by default none in the base game)
- It removes the snarks and the hivegun from the map if the plugin is active (currently these weapons do not work in PVP, I'm seeing if I can fix them)
- sc_deathmatch (default "1")
Enables PVP mode. It takes effect at map start.
- sc_pvp_disable_armor (default "1")
Determines if the plugin will remove any instance of armor recharging method, such as batteries and HEV chargers. Armor in Sven Co-op can completely ruin balance since it protects you from 90% of damage unlike other games like Counter-Strike and Half-Life Deathmatch itself. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
- sc_pvp_disable_revive (default "1")
Determines if players can revive each other with the medkit, using the medkit is very exploitable since currently there's no way to determine who revived who and player tend to revive enemies to get easy frags. It is recommended to leave it on "1". No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
- mp_teamplay (default "0")
Determines if you want to play in teams. Currently there are 2 teams, RED and BLUE, and the only chooseable model is Helmet for team-recognition sake. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
- sc_pvp_gamename (default "1")
Determines if the server will change its "Game Name" in the server browser. Possible names are Sven Co-op PVP and Sven Co-op PVP Teamplay. No effect if sc_deathmatch is 0.
To do list:
- 0.5 hotfix
- Fixed players in Teamplay only applying their color in their "topcolor" variable only.
- Fixed a bug where the 10th player was always an ally, regardless of the "classify" index. (workaround, classify 10 is not used now)
- Fixed a bug where Teamplay mode only added people to BLUE team.
- More code cleanup.
- Updated the death index to the Sven Co-op 5.12 value.
- Added a CVAR which allows you to determine if players can be revived by the medkit.
- 0.4 beta
- Fixed a bug where the 3rd player was always an ally, regardless of the "classify" index. (workaround, classify 3 is not used now)
- Added Teamplay support, let me know about any bug.
- Added new cvars, check Cvars for more info.
- Code cleanup.
- Properly counts deaths now (thanks HamletEagle)
- 0.2 beta
- Fix the weapons mentioned above.
- Add Special Spawn support (to make it work with CS and TFC maps)
- Players can revive enemy players with their medkit, a workaround is to disable the medkit in the map cfg file. (add nomedkit) Or you can use the sc_pvp_disable_revive cvar if you want to keep the medkit on Teamplay matches.