Tank Rush 2
Last updated: November 20, 2014
Credit for the original plugin goes to (-DR-)GrammerNatzi.
Click the logo above to join the steam group!
I'm taking over the development of Tank Rush since the original author abandoned it years ago.
The original plugin had many issues and it was completely broken by the SteamPipe update and I've since fixed it and will continue maintain it.
This version is a bare-bones version of the full plugin which is exclusive to Urbanly Adjusted servers.
I'm going to keep this plugin updated and working, but it won't be receiving new features.
Don't worry, if Valve breaks something again I'll fix it.
Tank Rush is a fun game mode of survivors vs. tanks.
There are no common infected, special infected, or witches... JUST TANKS!
When a tank dies, the survivors are brought back to full health, even if they're incapped or hanging.
The round ends just like any other versus: when the survivors reach the saferoom or when all survivors are incapped/dead.
For finales, if the survivors are still alive x minutes after it was started, the tanks are killed and survivors have x minutes to rest before more tanks spawn.
Optional auto-updating! Please install the cURL extension and Updater plugin!
You can edit tankrush2.cfg in left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod to permanently change these cvars (after the plugin is run once).
- tr_version Version of the installed plugin
- tr_enable 0 - Disable plugin, 1 - Enable plugin (Default 1)
- tr_spawninterval Time in seconds between tank spawns (Default 6)
- tr_tankhealth Amount of health tanks will spawn with (Default 4000)
- tr_tankspeed Ratio for bot and player tank speed (Default 1.0
- tr_tanklimit Maximum number of tanks allowed to spawn at a given time (Default 10)
- tr_commonlimit Maximum number of common allowed to spawn at a given time (Default 0)
- tr_givehealth 0 - Tank kills do not give health, 1 - Tank kills heal all players, 2 - Tank kills heal player with least health (Default 2)
- tr_countdown Time in seconds the tanks have to kill the survivors (Default 240)
- tr_cooldown Time in seconds for resting periods on finales (Default 30)
- tr_hardcoremode 0 - Disable hardcore mode, 1 - Enable hardcore mode (Default 0)
- tr_collision 0 - Disable player collision, 1 - Enable player collision (Default 0)
- tr_incaplimit Maximum number of incaps before a player becomes black and white (Default 4)
- tr_coopstart Time in seconds before tanks will spawn on coop mode (Default 60)
- tr_debug 0 - Disable debug messages, 1 - Enable debug messages (Default 0)
- IMPORTANT: This version was compiled with MM 1.11.0-dev+937 and SM 1.7.0-dev+4661 so please use those builds to avoid problems!
- Place tankrush2.smx in your sourcemod plugins folder
- Place tankrush2.txt in your sourcemod gamedata folder
- Restart your server and enjoy!
- Tank Rush 2 source is no longer private
- Added comments throughout the source
- Healed clients are now chosen by the percentage of static health plus temporary health over max health
- If all clients are at full health, they are all topped off (just in case)
- New player tank spawning method
- Convars now set more efficiently
- Initial bot tank will only spawn if tr_spawninterval >= 20
- Added cvar to enable or disable debugging
- Added cvar to change how many common infected spawn on the map
- Added cvar to change bot and player tank speed ratio
- Ability for player tanks to despawn by holding the walk button for five seconds
- Plugin will now check for updates at the beginning of a map
- Plugin will now load the new version at the end of a map
- Fixed issue with XPMod tank talents not loading on first spawn
- Bot tank will not be spawned if any infected players are currently dead (to prevent them from taking over)
- Tank Rush 2 releases are no longer private
- Moved some code around a bit to make it easier to follow
- Players will now spawn as ghost tanks at the beginning of a round instead of after survivors leave the start area
- Fixed an issue with survivors not being healed if they have temporary health but their health bar is "full" (i.e. 90% regular + 10% temporary = 100% health)
- An initial tank will now spawn once tanks are allowed to spawn
- Added workaround for bug causing rounds not to end after server is started (changes map to c1m1_hotel once the plugin loads)
- Added dynamic coop compatibility
- Added auto-update functionality
- Slight change in how hardcore mode works
- Added cvar for max number of incaps before player is permanently black and white
- Increased speed of ghost tanks
- Decreased distance before ghost tanks can spawn
- Players will now properly spawn as ghost tanks all the time
- Players can now press the "use" button as a ghost tank to teleport to survivors
- Finales will no longer drop below one minute for tanks to kill the survivors
- Random special infected will no longer spawn
- Fixed bug (again) on certain finales where players' screens would get stuck
- Message advertising the offical TR2 steam group
- Added public cvar for tracking the plugin
- Added ghost-mode for player tanks
- Built-in respawning for finale glitches
- Fix for z_common_limit not being set correctly
- Set z_frustration to 0 to prevent players losing control of tanks
- Added cvar for max number of tanks alive at a given time
- Tank Rush 2 releases are now private
- Added built-in collision functionality
- Condensed cvars
- Countdown time will now halve after each passing
- Refined finale time messages
- Makeshift fix for players glitching on finales
- Rewrote majority of code
- Added new "hardcore" mode
- Added time limits on finales
- Added cvar to allow only one survivor to be healed upon tank death
- Initial release.
- Tank Roar (make sure you download the .smx and gamedata.txt in my post!)