Hey Austin. I managed to get 20v20 server. In theory you can have 32v32 (total of 64) even though i think 2 are reserverd. It is easier than i thought. CS:GO Max is not needed at all, the only problem is that the maps only have 15 spawn points per side. What i did was:
1. NO maxplayers switch inside the shortcut
2. Configured "maxplayers" "64" inside the gamemodes_server.txt
3. Installed SpawnTools7 protobuf found @ http://forums.alliedmods.net/showpos...&postcount=143
4. Launched the server with no bots and via the admin menu -> server commands -> spawntools7 went into edit mode and added as many spawn points as required to each map (in my case 5 more per map just to have that old CS:S feel but you can add, in theory up to 32 per side)
5. saved changes and restarted the server.
There are 2 problems i ran into that you might wanna consider. First you can't see the buyzone when you add the spawn points so if you by mistake add a spawnpoint out of it the player that spawned there won't be able to buy until the round starts. In theory this is fixable using another plugin called Buy Zone Simulator that creates a virtual buy zone starting from the spawn point but i haven't tested this yet. The other problem is the fact that mp_autoteambalance sometimes doens't work meaning that i've played 4v20 and by owning the bots sometimes they get switched to the human team (thus trying to balance). Make sure you add mp_limiteams 0 and mp_autoteambalance 0 to the gamemode_competitive_server.cfg or any other mode you wish to have this applied. Can't tell you if this is working properly either.
There is a design issue as well. Since the game was designed for 30 players, depending on your server power and connection speed you might have problems. When i'm playing 20v20 sometimes i see some slowdowns which are not good while playing. You might wanna take that into consideration.
EDIT: After writing i noticed you had already figured out the spawnpoints part
Just add more!!
EDIT: Just tested Buy Zone Simulator and looks like it is working. Just add the latest beta of SDHooks (http://users.alliedmods.net/~psychon.../sdkhooks/2.2/
) and then add to your server.cfg the following "sm_bzsimulator 2" (2 stands for add buyzone simulator to all maps)