Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Request: Radio plugin for playing MP3 files locally

Post New Thread Reply   

IceCucumber
Old 02-10-2013 , 18:58   Request: Radio plugin for playing MP3 files locally
Reply With Quote #1

Hi. I'm looking for a plugin that would, upon sm_radio command from a player, start playing music files from a local game directory for that person, either at alphabetical or random order.

More specifically, this would be used to play the original soundtrack for the Source modification called NEOTOKYO. The game install contains the game soundtrack at NeotokyoSource/soundtrack/ folder (file list here), and a "neotokyo sndtrk.m3u" playlist file, which contains title metadata and filenames. However, (as of now) there is no possibility to actually listen to the soundtrack ingame. The music files are all MP3 at 44100Hz, stereo.

Features I'm looking for:
  • individual, local mp3 playback for players from their NeotokyoSource/soundtrack/ folder
  • client command to enable/disable the radio
  • volume option
  • possibly displaying song title from the m3u file?
  • possibly the ability to randomize song playback order?
I tried to fiddle with the Round Songs plugin a little, but it seems to only play the same songs for everyone on the server. If someone was to skip a song, the song would change for everyone. The Round Songs plugins also requires an initial songchange to start playing music for a new client (changes song for everyone on the server), and the playback stops at the end of each round instead of a constant playback.

I am simply not skilled enough to create this sort of plugin myself, and would greatly appreciate if someone had the time and interest to create something like this. Thanks.

Last edited by IceCucumber; 02-10-2013 at 19:39.