Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

L4D2 speed up finale maps

Post New Thread Reply   

Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2010 , 06:40   L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, is it possible to shorten the time we play on finale maps? The finale maps on our 10vs10 server sometimes take longer than all previous maps of the same campaign...

e.g. the survivor team activates the switch, radio... whatever they have to activate and voila, they can move towards the rescue vehicle which has arrived immediately after activating. I could not find any cvar for such a scenario. Every help appreciated!
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 11-10-2010 , 12:48   Re: L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #2

there is a cvar for the number of waves in a finale.. try adjusting it.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2010 , 09:15   Re: L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #3

director_finale_panic_waves "1"
director_finale_max_loops "1"
director_short_finale "1"

These I found. Currently I am testing all the finale maps with the last cvar set to 1. I dont know which one to use from the other 2 as they sound similar to me.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2010 , 09:33   Re: L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #4

nothing works. I tried c1m4, 2 waves came. nomercy finale the same, 2 waves, 2 tanks.
the max_loops cvar doesnīt exist anymore, the rest is useless as itīs not doing anything.
Mr. Zero
Veteran Member
Old 11-11-2010 , 09:51   Re: L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
nothing works. I tried c1m4, 2 waves came. nomercy finale the same, 2 waves, 2 tanks.
the max_loops cvar doesnīt exist anymore, the rest is useless as itīs not doing anything.
Remember that the Left 4 Dead team moved on to a more dynamic system, so those cvars are mostly for backwards compatibility for L4D maps, where L4D2 maps uses director scripts instead.

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/L4D2_Vscripts

Quote:
Finale scripts

Some variables in DirectorOptions can only be used during finales.

A normal finale consists of X number of stages

A stage can be one of 4 types (other values will break the finale and go right to ESCAPE)

* PANIC - a panic event, the value is the number of them (ie 2 would be 2 panic events in a row)
* TANK - spawn a tank(s), the value is the number of tanks to spawn
* DELAY - a delay, the value is the number of seconds to wait before proceeding to the next stage
* ONSLAUGHT - The value should be the name of a vscript to call or "" (which will do nothing), any bad value here will crash you to the desktop.

Your onslaught script is responsible for sending an EndCustomScriptedStage to the director (a goal of your choice, like a certain trigger volume, timer, random value, etc.). Otherwise, the onslaught will not end.

You can also specify custom game sounds for a stage by adding a key, for instance A_CustomFinaleMusic1 = "C2M5.BadManTank2" An example custom finale script:
Also remember if you are using any plugins or scripts that allows clients to buy or use "panic events", you reset the "clock" meaning the director will add another 50 commons to the wave, or whatever the cvar is set to.

Boomers puking on survivors also slows down the wave as this also adds commons to the wave.

The only way I have found to "push" the finale along was to force spawn a tank. However this only worked for L4D, where it seems in L4D2 it has some serious side effects, such as spawning double tanks or not updating survivors score in versus mode.
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-12-2010 , 10:45   Re: L4D2 speed up finale maps
Reply With Quote #6

Oh thank you for that information. I was not aware that these scripts even exist Regarding "buy": Yes I do use panic events, on every tank there occurs 1 panic event. Hm, I think I rather leave the system to what it is right now as altering something in the director needs I wouldīve to dig deeper inside which means time which I donīt have.