Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Join/Leave Annoucments v. 1.2

Post New Thread Reply   

BOOM
Old 07-10-2004 , 07:45  
Reply With Quote #31

i wonder why i can't see the leave messages after i use this plugin and enter-leaver_message.sma at the same time.

ok when i found that out i quickly turn off the enter-leaver_message.sma. and i didn't see the leave messages so i tried to completely turned it off from plugin.ini but it still not working and i try to download this update and still leave messages is not working.

good thing join message is working, can anyone help me on this to make leave messages working again?
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2004 , 08:49  
Reply With Quote #32

The leave messages are most likely not working if you are using another plugin that has public client_disconnect() and then inside of that return PLUGIN_HANDLED.

This was pointed out to me in Deags' Map Manager, if you are loading Deags Map Manager before this plugin then you will need to go download a fresh new copy of this plugin.

This plugin is working correctly, just another plugin is causing it to not run its commands.

BOOM
Old 07-10-2004 , 18:23  
Reply With Quote #33

alright thanks!, is working great now i load this plugin first than Deags Map Manager
nolaghere
Old 09-29-2004 , 13:06  
Reply With Quote #34

niice job guys, but just here, i saw a join/leave announcement on a counter strike 1.6 server and ir was , ten times better then one we use now.
the request i think everone would lke this plugin to be is:

smaller "amx_tsay messages" so not to cover up the entire screen.
and sumthin that shows that the server isnt pussy, so to speak.

EXAMPLE:

BEWARE! XXXXX IS CONNECTING
O NO! XXXXX OS CONNECTING
-------------------------------------- thats somthing a 12 yr old would say

i would have great pride if i could have this on my server(s)

HAHA! XXXX LETS FUCK'EM UP !
HEY! XXXX IS CONNECTING LETS SHOW HIM NO MERCY
YO! XXXX LETS MAKE HIM FEELAT HOME!!
------------------------------------
*OPINION*
but i think with those "amx_tsay" messages and not in green "RED" would make this plugin 10x better.
Send a message via AIM to nolaghere Send a message via MSN to nolaghere Send a message via Yahoo to nolaghere
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 09-29-2004 , 16:20  
Reply With Quote #35

Make the code changes yourself. Its not very hard to do.

Change
Code:
  register_cvar("amx_join_message", "Beware %name% is connecting.")   register_cvar("amx_joined_message", "O NO! %name% is ready to play!")   register_cvar("amx_leave_message", "Goodbye %name%, Please come back soon.")

To what ever you want, make sure you have %name% in there otherwise it wont work.

And

Change

Code:
    set_hudmessage(0, 225, 0, 0.05, 0.45, 0, 6.0, 6.0, 0.5, 0.15, 3)

The first 3 numbers are the color codes, make 0, 225, 0, to what ever color you want if you know the color codes.

You problay saw this very plugin on that server or another varation located on these forums (there are 2 other kinds of this plugin that I know of located in this very plugin forum).

Just make the changes you want in a text editor, recompile the .sma and ta da you have what you request.

I kept it simple because not everyone can have profanity on servers and such.

Quote:
smaller "amx_tsay messages" so not to cover up the entire screen.
and sumthin that shows that the server isnt pussy, so to speak.
IF the messages are too big on your screen then that is your problem, change your resolution. They are the same size as any other tsay, and csay amx message.

nolaghere
Old 09-29-2004 , 16:48  
Reply With Quote #36

im not to keen on the scripts and were to put things but ....... were do i cange it, im tried to change it many times b4. but never worked.
Send a message via AIM to nolaghere Send a message via MSN to nolaghere Send a message via Yahoo to nolaghere
Bryan
Old 01-02-2005 , 20:04  
Reply With Quote #37

not sure if its out yet but can u make this work for only admin , they have it in adminmod but i hate admin mod keeps crashing my server like for admin_slay or somthing not sure how thats done.
Send a message via AIM to Bryan Send a message via MSN to Bryan
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 01-03-2005 , 03:02  
Reply With Quote #38

thats pretty simple to do

I see if I can get something out within the week.

ToT | V!PER
Old 01-03-2005 , 09:25  
Reply With Quote #39

Add support for restricting announce of a HLTV Proxy ;-)

UniqueID/SteamID is "HLTV"

We have a 24/7 HLTV, and it is annoying that the HLTV will be announced as new player on mapchange ;-)
Send a message via ICQ to ToT | V!PER
Dadark
Old 04-12-2005 , 04:35  
Reply With Quote #40

Hello.

Could it be possible to add a more classic kind of message ? Like in the old and luved 1.5, a simple message for connection / disconnection of players ? This big tsay-like message annoy me to be honnest. (or just that kind for admins, and the classic one for normal players ?)

In fact I just would like to have a connect / disconnect announcer, like in 1.5, with a simple and classic yellow text in bottom left, for example to know who leave or come in pcw without having to look the console every second. (1.6 suX for that !)

Thanks to tell if it's possible dude ! it would be very cool

(Maybe you just could make a message that's look like the "changed his name" kind ? Like the player name in blue (or red), and the rest of the text with the basic police type ? that would be awesooome )