Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Remove Links!

Post New Thread Reply   

Black Rose
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 17:36   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #21

The best anti-virus is common sense.
All anti-virus software is useless shit.

Nuff said.
Old 10-21-2013 , 18:49   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rose View Post
you need to know how a virus is "thinking" to avoid its problems. but there are a lot of virus behaviours, and it's too advanced for a lot of persons, and will not make you safe at 100%.
even if I never allow any kind of unfamiliar usb stuff from anyone, I was infected some times by viruses comming from internet and not from shared usb disks. how ? I was searching for a cat picture, in the search page you see its preview, but it dosen't work and I got a virus because of it.
and yes, maybe that some dirty sites are infected too.
Quote:
viruses are made by the antivirus creators themselves, to sell their expensive usless softwares.
it may help as last resort, to repair or to avoid some known viruses, they aren't useless but people should not totally rely on them !
Old 10-22-2013 , 00:23   Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #23

No. You avoid viruses by not installing programs from untrusted sources. You don't get viruses automatically, they require human confirmation to get access.

I haven't used an anti-virus in years. I don't have any viruses. Am I just lucky? Nope.
Old 10-22-2013 , 00:36   Re: Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
they require human confirmation to get access.
Not exactly true. There are many ways to do things with out the user knowing. Obv it doesn't just surf the Web looking for a random client to infect but you can get malware from simply viewing a Web page.
Firippu
Old 10-22-2013 , 01:40   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
viruses are made by the antivirus creators themselves, to sell their expensive usless softwares.
That's a pretty bold statement, you should provide proof when making such claims.

Quote:

You avoid viruses by not installing programs from untrusted sources. You don't get viruses automatically, they require human confirmation to get access.

I haven't used an anti-virus in years. I don't have any viruses. Am I just lucky? Nope.
While I agree people should be aware of risks, it's terrible to say that anti-viruses in general are useless. Exploits in general still exist and can affect anyone, with or without protection, and regardless of the user's consent. Malicious stuff can also be hidden seamlessly without the user ever knowing. And what trusted sources can really be trusted? No one can truly be trusted, but we can't live in a bubble neither. You could trust a person or company but they themselves could have been exploited without knowing.
Old 10-22-2013 , 04:26   Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-Holiday View Post
Not exactly true. There are many ways to do things with out the user knowing. Obv it doesn't just surf the Web looking for a random client to infect but you can get malware from simply viewing a Web page.
No. That is what people think because they have enabled some background function that automatically accepts request or they simply doesn't understand.
Like ActiveX objects. That is something a lot of people doesn't understand.

I know there are security flaws in programs but they are usually fixed quickly and usually aren't as insecure as they are portrayed. It's not like someone can transfer money from your bank because someone wrote 1 instead of 2 in the source. If people still use, for example, IE6, they deserve viruses.

Please, send me any link that might "infect" me. I will open it without hesitation.

Last edited by Black Rose; 10-22-2013 at 04:42.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-22-2013 , 05:05   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #27

That's what I mean though. People click shit thinking Oh no way this is a chance to win an ipad. And in the bank ground it's doing other shit.

They require human interaction however they don't know they are doing it.

Not everyone had common sense lol
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-22-2013 , 05:14   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
No. You avoid viruses by not installing programs from untrusted sources. You don't get viruses automatically, they require human confirmation to get access.
only dumbs accept everything thinking that's an update or a free software, sorry but this is not totally true.
Quote:
exactly, I had some minor and one offensive one which infected my files by thousands, idk how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firippu View Post
That's a pretty bold statement, you should provide proof when making such claims.
you caught me using my own rules, mea culpa !
Quote:
No. That is what people think because they have enabled some background function that automatically accepts request or they simply doesn't understand.
as I said, I wanted to view a cat's picture and got a virus, can't remmeber which browser I was using (not IE6), but it may be its fault, and nothing that I accepted to be installed.
Quote:
They require human interaction however they don't know they are doing it.
sometimes, if you just browse a random page and want to open a "non-executable" file, you may be infected. video, pictures can be infected as I already said.

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 10-22-2013 at 05:18.
Albanian Zombie
Old 10-22-2013 , 08:50   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #29

Of course that viruses are maked from people who make an antivirus,first they release the virus then they release antivirus,thats the way how they works,why som1 will buy an antivirus if there isnt a virus that has infect their PC
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 10-22-2013 , 13:40   Re: Remove Links!
Reply With Quote #30

as Firippu already said, even if it seems logic. there are no real and "tangible" evidences.