Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2] Director stops spawning zombies when a Tank is on rage mode

Post New Thread Reply   

IhaveAQuestionPleaseHelp
Old 10-17-2021 , 06:39   [L4D2] Director stops spawning zombies when a Tank is on rage mode
Reply With Quote #1

Hello there

Context:
On Campaign mode, It seems that the Director stops spawning additional zombies when survivors are fighting a Tank unless they walk far away from the spot they encounter the Tank.
I tested this theory with "Admin System" addon in a normal campaign. I afk and waited for SI and horde to spawn, then killed them and spawned a Tank, then waited for like 10 minutes in the same spot and nothing spawned until the Tank died and other infected spawned normally.

Question:
Is there a way to make the Director ignores a Tank and spawns infected normally?

I tried searching for addons, plugins, scripts by myself but I could not think of a good keyword that can relate to such a thing.
"mod that prevents the Director from stopping spawning zombies while a Tank is on rage mode"???

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 10-17-2021 at 10:14. Reason: Restore to previous version.
xerox8521
Old 10-17-2021 , 11:37   Re: [L4D2] Director stops spawning zombies when a Tank is on rage mode
Reply With Quote #2

Try the attached plugin. Infected spawn normally regardless if there is a tank in play.
It specifically checks for Coop gamemode.

Only works in L4D2

Make sure to download the smx file as the "Get Plugin" Link will not work due to the dependency of Left 4 DHooks Direct

Make sure to install this plugin first.

Put the SMX file in addons/sourcemod/plugins
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (mobSpawnWithTank.sp - 50 views - 909 Bytes)
File Type: smx mobSpawnWithTank.smx (3.1 KB, 28 views)

Last edited by xerox8521; 10-17-2021 at 11:40. Reason: Updated URL in PluginInfo
IhaveAQuestionPleaseHelp
Old 11-12-2021 , 09:07   Re: [L4D2] Director stops spawning zombies when a Tank is on rage mode
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you for the plugin xerox8521. I noticed I should post this in the request thread instead of this script thread. I'm sorry.

I used this plugin on a custom map and it didn't work at first, then I looked in the vscript and saw
HTML Code:
ShouldAllowMobsWithTank = false
ShouldAllowSpecialsWithTank = false
after setting them to true. Everything works as expected.

Last edited by IhaveAQuestionPleaseHelp; 11-12-2021 at 09:13.