Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

KAC lite 1.2.x

Post New Thread Reply   

borli
Old 05-13-2010 , 10:49   KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #1

is it possible to create a lite version of KAC, which won't need any extensions? do you plan to make such a version in the future?
I am fed up with lags and server crashes, since I installed new kac and all the required extensions. I don't need update function for KAC. I would update it manually. I prefer lite plugins from big ones.
NoS
Old 05-13-2010 , 21:43   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #2

Sockets don't cause lag, this was fixed ages ago. If you are getting lag its probably because you have the KAC Anti-Wall on.
Terrorkarotte
Old 05-14-2010 , 04:57   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #3

I did what you want for myself. Here is the dowload for the source file and a already compiled version. It also autocreates the file kac.cfg in the cfg/sourcemod directory. I compiled it against 1.3.2

Last edited by Kigen; 05-16-2010 at 07:57. Reason: Removed attachments. You have to have all the script files posted in a .zip. Preferably not compiled.
borli
Old 05-14-2010 , 07:01   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoS View Post
Sockets don't cause lag, this was fixed ages ago. If you are getting lag its probably because you have the KAC Anti-Wall on.
I have KAC anti-wall off, I have found out that it lags and sometimes crashes, when it tries to check for updates, not to mention that everyday I have error logs full of KAC error, that says: "Error received during update: Failed to contact master server." I guess it checks for updates too often and unnecesassarily. I think it should check for updates no more than twice a day.
borli
Old 05-14-2010 , 07:05   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorkarotte View Post
I did what you want for myself. Here is the dowload for the source file and a already compiled version. It also autocreates the file kac.cfg in the cfg/sourcemod directory. I compiled it against 1.3.2
thx. is it possible to make such a version everytime a new version of KAC is released?
Kigen
BANNED
Old 05-14-2010 , 08:25   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by borli View Post
I have KAC anti-wall off, I have found out that it lags and sometimes crashes, when it tries to check for updates, not to mention that everyday I have error logs full of KAC error, that says: "Error received during update: Failed to contact master server." I guess it checks for updates too often and unnecesassarily. I think it should check for updates no more than twice a day.
That is a sign that something is blocking communication with the KAC Master Server. KAC only checks for updates every 4 hours if it has a connection.
Terrorkarotte
Old 05-16-2010 , 04:06   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #7

I will take that as a no.
Anyway tehre are not many lines to comment out if you want a version without sockets.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2010 , 12:58   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
That is a sign that something is blocking communication with the KAC Master Server. KAC only checks for updates every 4 hours if it has a connection.
Well kigen some server providers do have firewalls that have all ports closed other then the game servers...
Kigen
BANNED
Old 05-16-2010 , 13:01   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #9

KAC only makes a outbound connection. So does SourceMod (SM has a updater but only for gamedata).

I'll be different for KAC 1.3 when it releases.
Mavrick4283
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2010 , 13:07   Re: KAC lite 1.2.x
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigen View Post
KAC only makes a outbound connection. So does SourceMod (SM has a updater but only for gamedata).

I'll be different for KAC 1.3 when it releases.
still some GSP have the firewall so no connections in or out other then the game ports....