3% 

[ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13

Post New Thread Reply   

Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-13-2019 , 10:17   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #141

DJPlaya, thank you. I watched this video: http://slam.flankers.net
But, that's mean entirely client-sided music, there is nothing to do on server-side, because SLAM require that client already downloaded all music locally.

So, SLAM has no benefits compairing to my DiscoMusicHook Windows tool, that download music to client.

Yes, with SLAM you can prepare music in advance (so clients will not need anymore any separate tool to play music), but there is no opportunity for further music list population from server-side,
but to put somewhere archive with the installer and force all players to download a new archive from your site manually each time you updated something.

Possibly, some autoupdater tool in CS autorun + SLAM (modified to be as a batch silent converter) make sense.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-13-2019 at 10:33.
DJPlaya
Old 05-13-2019 , 17:43   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #142

Either you or me do misunderstand something.
Why should SLAM require that the Players allready have the Files?
SLAM uses the Voicechat to play the Music.
I know that we would need to run an Client on the actual Servers Hardware to make this become real, still its better then letting Players download lots of Files or force them to install shit (an icecast Server would be better anyway).
Also what is that DiscoMusicHook Tool you are talking about? I havent found something like that on your Profile
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2019 , 06:53   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya
Either you or me do misunderstand something.
Why should SLAM require that the Players allready have the Files?
SLAM uses the Voicechat to play the Music.
I know that we would need to run an Client on the actual Servers Hardware to make this become real, still its better then letting Players download lots of Files or force them to install shit (an icecast Server would be better anyway).
I'm not competely sure. Did you test it?
Did you see the video by the above link? In that video, sound is already exist on the local PC. I suspect that tool just copy mp3 file from one folder to another (game) folder and create cfg file. That's all. I don't see any IP addresses or so, that could be considered as server-side music.
It doesn't matter what function plugin (or cfg) uses to play local mp3 file, because it is local file. If VoiceChat would have the ability to play music by URL, that would be another case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPlaya
Also what is that DiscoMusicHook Tool you are talking about? I havent found something like that on your Profile
That's because I didn't public it officially, it is slightly not finished for other games. It was included in fork few posts ago. Algorithm of that tool: run together with a game, catch the moment when user press menu button in game, download selected music from site, play that music in default or selected Windows player.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-14-2019 at 06:55.
DJPlaya
Old 05-14-2019 , 08:03   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
It doesn't matter what function plugin (or cfg) uses to play local mp3 file, because it is local file. If VoiceChat would have the ability to play music by URL, that would be another case.
I dident know you aim for that functionality, i thought about the Player (Client) on the Servers Hardware which plays Sound Files based on the selection Ingame.
Ime sure implementing m3u would also be possible to allow catching up web based Streams since its basically mp3 over the Web.
I may test if it works with SLAM by default, but one thing is sure, Source does support mp3 but not m3u, ive allready tried that.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 05-14-2019 , 08:18   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #145

ahh, so you mean VDS server run some fake client to redirect music by Voice Chat?
And, what to do about bad algorithm of valve sound compression happened during voice transmitting?
When I run music via Voice Chat (using mixer) sometimes it sounds very terrible.

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-14-2019 at 08:19.
DJPlaya
Old 05-14-2019 , 15:59   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragokas View Post
ahh, so you mean VDS server run some fake client to redirect music by Voice Chat?
And, what to do about bad algorithm of valve sound compression happened during voice transmitting?
When I run music via Voice Chat (using mixer) sometimes it sounds very terrible.
Hmm, youre right, csgo only has vaudio_celt with 22kHz/22kbps.
I haven been searching around a bit and found out that TF2 has a new Codec since some time: vaudio_celt_high 44kHz/44kbps.
I was able to activate and use this Codec on my CSGO Client by replacing the DLL. Sadly this isent compatible with VAC because the File Hash changes :/
This could be solved by disabling VAC on the local Client and setting the Server to allow an connect without VAC only from the local IP. This is pretty difficult and propably wont work if even Asherkin gave up on it > https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=132853

I was also searching around the Function "SV_BroadcastVoiceData" which transmits the Voice. It could be used directly from the Server side but no one was ever able to use it as far as i found out.
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Old 10-03-2022 , 16:48   Re: [ANY] Disco Mod! *Updated: 2/26/13
Reply With Quote #147

Fork with alpha, color & dynamic lighting improvements is ready for everybody who wants to make own fork of it to support other games.
Enjoy.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=339836

Great thank to Mitchell for the original work!