3% 

[TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15

Post New Thread Reply   

Creampuffyness
Old 03-27-2016 , 00:38   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
Talked to some staff about bugs. The plugin will announce a Death and select a different player as Death. Players can't use "explode" or "kill" commands, but they can still switch teams. This kinda defeats the purpose of preventing suicide.

Edit: Also, occasionally the Death does not spawn at all, but players are still able to play through the map normally. Not sure if this is an issue with TF2 itself or if it happens with FF2/VSH or not but the only solution we've found is kicking them. The game sees them as an alive player but they don't exist and can't be slayed or teleported.
Still hyped for The Hidden [Redux]
ClassicGuzzi,
I wasn't trying to be harsh. The part that needs to be re-written the death queue and who is eligible. Please prevent all fake clients (sourcetv, replay) and any spectator from even being eligible. I feel that it would resolve the issue.
Old 03-27-2016 , 12:44   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #162

Hello i'd like to report bug while in red and chaning to blue resulting respawning as red again without dying i want this bug fixed please.
Synthax
Old 03-28-2016 , 07:02   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
Hello i'd like to report bug while in red and chaning to blue resulting respawning as red again without dying i want this bug fixed please.
I too am having this bug (Not sure if it's your fault ClassicGuzzi) and I believe that it is caused by the Ghostmode [Redux] plugin. The clarify the issue here, when a player is on red and switches to blue team (they must be alive) they are placed back at spawn, allowing runners to escape traps.

Edit: I wonder if mp_forceautoteam would fix the respawn glitch? I'll report back as to whether it does/does not.

Last edited by Synthax; 03-28-2016 at 07:13.
Synthax
Old 03-30-2016 , 06:14   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #164

Is the plugin overriding the game description anymore? Doesn't seem to be for me.

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2016 , 06:47   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
I too am having this bug (Not sure if it's your fault ClassicGuzzi) and I believe that it is caused by the Ghostmode [Redux] plugin. The clarify the issue here, when a player is on red and switches to blue team (they must be alive) they are placed back at spawn, allowing runners to escape traps.

Edit: I wonder if mp_forceautoteam would fix the respawn glitch? I'll report back as to whether it does/does not.
Yeah, if you force team blue, and you don't allow specs, the plugin will work as intended, I never had this issues because I used to set up those two things whenever a deathrun map was on the server (using Ultimate Map Chooser).

Quote:
Is the plugin overriding the game description anymore? Doesn't seem to be for me.
I think that steamtools doesn't work anymore, I'll use steamworks in the next version (probably this weekend). I still I have to change every extension so they aren't obligatory for the plugin to work (I use tf2 attributes to stop the fall damage, even if you don't use that, the plugin still ask you for that extension right now).
Old 04-02-2016 , 22:57   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #166

Did you still need someone to test the plugin after you closed your servers?

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2016 , 12:54   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
Did you still need someone to test the plugin after you closed your servers?
Well.. yeah I'm even having problems to test it in a local server using bots (I didn't add the fake client check yet so that's not the problem). Maybe I could use some help, but I hate to bother other people I do test a lot. When I was starting I went to the edit->compile->test->reedit and repeat for like an hour and half non-stop haha.

If I get some time to code stuff at night I'll get you guys know
Old 04-03-2016 , 19:15   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
Well.. yeah I'm even having problems to test it in a local server using bots (I didn't add the fake client check yet so that's not the problem). Maybe I could use some help, but I hate to bother other people I do test a lot. When I was starting I went to the edit->compile->test->reedit and repeat for like an hour and half non-stop haha.

If I get some time to code stuff at night I'll get you guys know
Pretty sure people are willing to help you testing this mod since it really needs some fixing.
I'm really looking forward to see an update for the Deathrun plugin and I don't think I'm alone with this thought.
Make it happen!

Last edited by AeroAcrobat; 04-03-2016 at 19:15.
Synthax
Old 04-04-2016 , 03:14   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #169

I'd be up for testing the plugin both in short-term and long-term and discussing bugs if you'd like to chat on Steam- just let me know

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2016 , 14:57   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #170

Thanks! I started to setup things and today I'm finally using Eclipse for sourcemod. I work with eclipse so I'm really used to it (and it's shortcuts), and be able to code there would help me a lot, plus it works awesome with github (I already made a simple commit as a test).

I'll be reading the last pages of this post to check what things do I have to fix and get to work on the plugin! I'll contact you people if I need some help with testing.

Edit: I think I found the problem and why the specs where causing so much trouble. If anyone could test this version and tell me if it fixed, it would be great!
Attached Files
File Type: smx deathrun_redux.smx (25.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (deathrun_redux.sp - 71 views - 36.3 KB)

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 04-04-2016 at 15:52.