8% 

[TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15

Post New Thread Reply   

misterG
Old 12-02-2015 , 12:09   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transit Of Venus View Post
Well if someone does fix it our DR server is happy to beta test. We love testing new stuff.
What's exactly the problem ... ? There are several people here complaining about this plugin and i'm running with pretty none modifications and everything's fine. I think you must update tf2 attributes and/or tf2 items and disable replay on server as a guy mentioned before. With all of these it should work good, except outline disabling, that's the only thing not working for all )
Old 12-05-2015 , 06:13   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #152

After TF2 Updates model-aura have red color, can you remove to green ?
Veteran Member
Old 12-05-2015 , 17:31   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
I had the "Could not find valid death" issue until I discovered that Replay was causing it. What I have found is that spectators in general cause this error. When people are in the process of joining the game, and a round end, this can happen too. If you are seeing this over and over (like I was), disable replay and SourceTV, and perhap start kicking spectators if they are in there for an extended period of time.
Yeah it doesn't like specs. Set mp_allowspectators 0. This seemed to be the temporary work around for me. Just don't allow specs at all. But if my memory serves me correctly didn't VSH/FF2 have a simpler problem at one point. Something in the way it handled moving/assigning players? I don't really know cause I am not a scriptor.
JasperLee93
Old 03-25-2016 , 17:53   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
As I said early, I'm not maintaining this plugin anymore (at last for now) since I don't have time (work and university) and I don't own a server anymore.

I will still provide information for anyone who is willing to edit/fix/add stuff to my plugin.
Are there any currently known bugs for this plugin?
Veteran Member
Old 03-25-2016 , 17:59   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperLee93 View Post
Are there any currently known bugs for this plugin?
Well, there is a problem when using SourceTV and replay i think, and also I heard some people having problems while changing from multiple mods, like dodgeball, FF2, etc (like the scout being stuck having only one jump).

Besides that I don't think so.
Old 03-26-2016 , 09:42   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #156

Quote:
Well, there is a problem when using SourceTV and replay i think, and also I heard some people having problems while changing from multiple mods, like dodgeball, FF2, etc (like the scout being stuck having only one jump).

Besides that I don't think so.
Some people mentioned issues with spectate as well. I haven't played on my own server often enough to remember what other bugs exist.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2016 , 12:12   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthax View Post
Some people mentioned issues with spectate as well. I haven't played on my own server often enough to remember what other bugs exist.
I'm pretty sure that the SourceTV and Spectate problems are the same, I really thought that those problem were fixed on one of the last updates. Maybe I'll take a look later.
Old 03-26-2016 , 14:18   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #158

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the SourceTV and Spectate problems are the same, I really thought that those problem were fixed on one of the last updates. Maybe I'll take a look later.
A spectator of any kind (Player, Replay, SourceTV) makes this plugin stop functioning normal. The same player will be Death over and over. Both Death and the Runners will be outlined (causing an advantage for runners). The only way to fix this is to rejoin the server, so you can be the next Death.

The plugin needs to be rewritten to not even look at spectators and exclude fakeclients when looking for a new death.
Old 03-26-2016 , 16:27   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creampuffyness View Post
A spectator of any kind (Player, Replay, SourceTV) makes this plugin stop functioning normal. The same player will be Death over and over. Both Death and the Runners will be outlined (causing an advantage for runners). The only way to fix this is to rejoin the server, so you can be the next Death.

The plugin needs to be rewritten to not even look at spectators and exclude fakeclients when looking for a new death.
I think that "rewritten" is strong word, the truth is that the only part that matter for those errors is the part where the plugin selects the death here.

My algorithm to balance the teams and to get the next death it's kind of convoluted and has some errors. The thing is that It's hard to test because you need real people to do so.

Still if you say that SourceTV/replay are not the specific problem, then I can test using fakeclients, with me being in spec and test how it works. I'll add the fakeclient check after fixing that.

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-26-2016 at 16:55.
Synthax
Old 03-26-2016 , 23:31   Re: [TF2] Deathrun Redux - Updated 2015-02-15
Reply With Quote #160

Quote:
I think that "rewritten" is strong word, the truth is that the only part that matter for those errors is the part where the plugin selects the death here.

My algorithm to balance the teams and to get the next death it's kind of convoluted and has some errors. The thing is that It's hard to test because you need real people to do so.

Still if you say that SourceTV/replay are not the specific problem, then I can test using fakeclients, with me being in spec and test how it works. I'll add the fakeclient check after fixing that.
Talked to some staff about bugs. The plugin will announce a Death and select a different player as Death. Players can't use "explode" or "kill" commands, but they can still switch teams. This kinda defeats the purpose of preventing suicide.

Edit: Also, occasionally the Death does not spawn at all, but players are still able to play through the map normally. Not sure if this is an issue with TF2 itself or if it happens with FF2/VSH or not but the only solution we've found is kicking them. The game sees them as an alive player but they don't exist and can't be slayed or teleported.
Still hyped for The Hidden [Redux]

Last edited by Synthax; 03-26-2016 at 23:47.