Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Module: CS Hack

Post New Thread Reply   

Bad HAL 9000
Old 12-07-2004 , 05:07  
Reply With Quote #11

He doesnt have to dream. Its fairly simple code.
Old 12-07-2004 , 06:07  
Reply With Quote #12

Are you on drugs? ;] It's not simple at all.

Most run-time things are simply hooks, this is cross-platform memory patching. And finding those offsets isn't easy, ask DS about the assembly backtracking he had to do.
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-07-2004 , 07:32  
Reply With Quote #13

Well Bad HAL is right. It's simple code in the end. It's just simple memory patching which is not hard to do that when you think about it. The hard part was finding the correct values to patch because the ones I edited do not change with the exception of team score and team player count. The offsets to these values were different on every platform and so that also made it somewhat difficult.

I did spend about a month or so working on it. But realize that I went into the project barely knowing assembly. I had to learn along the way to accomplish anything. I knew what values I was basically looking for, such as 60 for the max value of freeztime. But that value is also the max for sv_restartround as well as the minimum amount of seconds that roundtime can be. So that number 60 is used in a bunch of places. Just searching for the number in a hex editor would have brought up many possible offsets besides the examples I just mentioned. So I had to disassemble the binary to narrow down where to look and determine the context of the value I was looking for.

That was the hard part of it all... There certainly is a lot more I don't know about assembly, but the project was a still a good learning experience if nothing else.
Old 12-07-2004 , 15:04  
Reply With Quote #14

Exactly. Its all about the learning.

I have some code you may be interested in DS, you on IRC ever?

@BAIL my stuff isnt all hooking. I modify memory also in basicly the same way its done here with my stuff. And since I only use it on one platform, i dont worry about crossplatform stuff.
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2004 , 05:21  
Reply With Quote #15

Greatness!
LoWe
Old 12-09-2004 , 15:42  
Reply With Quote #16

What's more to say, !
This is great!
Send a message via Skype™ to LoWe
Johnny got his gun
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2004 , 19:30  
Reply With Quote #17

I thought you were gonna name this CS Shack... Maybe I got it all wrong?
Geesu
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2004 , 11:17  
Reply With Quote #18

Any possibility of this being included in the default amxx package?

Also, would you be able to use a similar method to raise the max. amount of money allowed? So it stops setting the default to 16K
DS
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-16-2004 , 15:55  
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp daddy
Also, would you be able to use a similar method to raise the max. amount of money allowed? So it stops setting the default to 16K
Actually, if you use cs_set_startmoney_max this will raise the max money players can earn as well. I noticed this awhile ago and just never separarated the the "16000" values. I was going to change it, but never got around to it. But if you really want them to be separated into 2 different natives for some purpose, then I will look into that.
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2004 , 07:30  
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp daddy
Actually, if you use cs_set_startmoney_max this will raise the max money players can earn as well. I noticed this awhile ago and just never separarated the the "16000" values. I was going to change it, but never got around to it. But if you really want them to be separated into 2 different natives for some purpose, then I will look into that.
Wow I thought I tried that, apparently I used min, I was wondering why people were starting with 16K LOL.

I think I'm going to have this module as a required for war3ft now... gave me a great solution to being able to get more than 16K TY TY