Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.

Post New Thread Reply   

Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-03-2019 , 17:57   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #21

I do not run a server so I can only test with 1 human, but based on 1 human working as expected, my assumption was the same for 2-32 humans.

Since your English isn't perfect, can you provide a matrix for the number of expected bots based on number of humans?

0 humans, X bots
1 humans, X bots,
etc

The 180 seconds thing is a new requirement. You need to provide full details when someone offers to write something for you.

That code you posted makes no sense as you are just changing a cvar over and over again immediately.
Old 05-04-2019 , 12:27   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #22

Hi

Code:
{
    0, // 0 humans
    6, // 1 humans
    6, // 2 humans
    5, // 3 humans
    5, // 4 humans
    5, // 5 humans
    4, // 6 humans
    4, // 7 humans
    4, // 8 humans
    3, // 9 humans
    3, // 10 humans
    2, // 11 humans
    2, // 12 humans 
    1, // 13 humans
    1, // 14 humans
    0, // 15 humans
    0, // 16 humans
    0  // 17 humans
}
Server is: 1. DeathMatch; 2. FFA; 3. 17players.
Please - the number of bots: with this commands: pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 4, pb_minbots 4.... pb_minbots 0 -> plss NO pb_maxbots 6, pb_maxbots 6... Thanks.
I guess this delay is needed - 180sek, so as not to get confused when starting a map - the number of players entered changes, and accordingly the number of bots... 180sek after starting a map - their number is stable, and the plugin can be turned on? If you think that with a sharp change in the number of players after changing the map, will not be a problem - this delay no add.
Thanks.

Last edited by iveto69; 05-04-2019 at 12:46.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-04-2019 , 12:45   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by iveto69 View Post
Hi

Code:
{
    0, // 0 humans
    6, // 1 humans
    6, // 2 humans
    5, // 3 humans
    5, // 4 humans
    5, // 5 humans
    4, // 6 humans
    4, // 7 humans
    4, // 8 humans
    3, // 9 humans
    3, // 10 humans
    2, // 11 humans
    2, // 12 humans 
    1, // 13 humans
    1, // 14 humans
    0, // 15 humans
    0, // 16 humans
    0  // 17 humans
}
Please - the number of bots: pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 4, pb_minbots 4.... pb_minbots 0 -> NO pb_maxbots 6, pb_maxbots 6...
This is a cvar the sets the minimum number of bots that can be on the server, which does not really impact this plugin since the plugin does all of the management. This is why min gets set to 0 and max gets set based on the number of bots the plugin wants to add.

I guess this delay is needed - 180sek, so as not to get confused when starting a map - the number of players entered changes, and accordingly the number of bots... 180sek after starting a map - their number is stable, and the plugin can be turned on?
I am currently triggering the bot balance 5 seconds after the first player joins on a map change or server start, this should cover map change, I'm not sure why you want to wait 3 minutes.
Thanks.
Old 05-04-2019 , 14:22   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #24

Please - the number of bots: pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 6, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 5, pb_minbots 4, pb_minbots 4.... pb_minbots 0 -> NO pb_maxbots 6, pb_maxbots 6...
This is a cvar the sets the minimum number of bots that can be on the server, which does not really impact this plugin since the plugin does all of the management. This is why min gets set to 0 and max gets set based on the number of bots the plugin wants to add.

I think so: If I want to have 5 bots in the server and it will surely happen, the necessary commands are:

pb_minbots 5
pb_maxbots 0
pb_bot_quota_match 0

if I want to reduce their number to 4 bots and it will surely happen 4bots after command pb_minbots 4 , or after command pb_minbots 3 will surely happen 3bots in the server. I tested it personally, manually with a console commands pb_minbots 3, or pb_minbots 2 ...
Please, understand me, if we use this command pb_maxbots with different values - server if it accepts the largest value... always when there is more players -
bots will not exist, if the same number of players have entered... For example: when we have

pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 5
pb_bot_quota_match 0
- 5players in the server =, no bots , 4 player = 1 bot , 6 players = no bots ...7players- no bots

And I always want and 5, and 4 or 3 players have a minimum of 5 bots , or 6, 7 8 humans minimum 4 bots .............................
And maximum number of bots may be only 6 !!!

Last edited by iveto69; 05-04-2019 at 14:39.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 05-04-2019 , 15:13   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #25

What I am saying is pb_minbots and pb_maxbots are not COMMANDS. They are limits that apply for when fillserver or removebots is called.

Code:
# These 2 setings below support a minimum and maximum number 
# of bots running on a server. They are ONLY LIMITS for the function 
# pb fillserver and pb removebots. The actual amount of bots might be 
# between those limits (it rely for example on how many times pb add 
# command has been used).

pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 5
pb_bot_quota_match 0
So by just setting these will do nothing to the number of the bots actively on the server. They are only limits within the podbot module. You must then either manually add or remove bots, or call removebots or fillserver. Then these commands are governed by minbots and maxbots.
Old 05-05-2019 , 11:12   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #26

Hi again Bugsy,

My settings in the podbot.cfg:
pb_minbots 0
pb_maxbots 0
pb_bot_quota_match 0

and this:

pb add 100 2 2 3 "Rocky1
pb add 90 2 2 3 "Rocky2
pb add 80 2 2 3 "Rocky3
pb add 70 2 2 3 "Rocky4
pb add 60 2 2 3 "Rocky5
pb add 50 2 2 3 "Rocky6

I used a manual input into the console for these commands:
pb removebots
pb fillserver
pb add "name"
pb remove "name"
Each command was executed exactly !

Please , use this matrix to make a new plugin:

Code:
players 0 = 0 bots   if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb fillserver"
players 1 = 6 bots   if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb removebots";
players 2 = 6 bots   -no command, no changed;
players 3 = 6 bots   if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky1";
players 4 = 5 bots   if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 100 2 2 3 Rocky1";
players 5 = 5 bots   if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky2"
players 6 = 4 bots   if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 90 2 2 3 Rocky2";
players 7 = 4 bots   if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky3"
players 8 = 3 bots   if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 80 2 2 3 Rocky3";
players 9 = 3 bots   if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky4"
players 10 = 2 bots  if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 70 2 2 3 Rocky4";
players 11 = 2 bots  if the amount of players increases the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky5"
players 12 = 1 bots  if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 60 2 2 3 Rocky5";
players 13 = 1 bots  if the amount of players increases, the plugin sends a command "pb remove Rocky6";
players 14 = 0 bots  if the amount of players decreases, the plugin sends a command "pb add 50 2 2 3 Rocky6";
players 15 = 0 bots  -no command, no changed;
players 16 = 0 bots  -no command, no changed;
players 17 = 0 bots  -no command, no changed;

or this:

the amount of players                    commands                           the amount of bots

0 players 1  if (connect)1 player          - pb fillserver                     - 0 bots           6 bots
1 players 0  if (disconnect)1 player       - pb removebots                     - 6 bots           0 bots
2 players 1/3 if (-/+)1 player             - no commands                       - 6 bots           6 bots
3 players 4  if (connect)1 player          - pb remove Rocky1                  - 6 bots           5 bots
4 playerd 3  if (disconnect)1 player       - pb add 100 2 2 3 Rocky1           - 5 bots           6 bots              
5 players 6  if (connect)1 player          - pb remove Rocky2                  - 5 bots           4 bots
6 players 5  if (disconnect)1 player       - pb add 90 2 2 3 Rocky2            - 4 bots           5 bots
7 players 8  if (connect)1 player          - pb remove Rocky3                  - 4 bots           3 bots
8 players 7  if (disconnect)1 player       - pb add 80 2 2 3 Rocky3            - 3 bots           4 bots
9 players 10  if (connect)1 player         - pb remove Rocky4                  - 3 bots           2 bots
10 players 9 if (disconnect)1 player       - pb add 70 2 2 3 Rocky4            - 2 bots           3 bots
11 players 12 if (connect)1 player         - pb remove Rocky5                  - 2 bots           1 bots
12 players 11 if (disconnect)1 player      - pb add 60 2 2 3 Rocky5            - 1 bot            2 bots                
13 players14 if (connect)1 player          - pb remove Rocky6                  - 1 bot            0 bots
14 players if 13 (disconnect)1 player      - pb add 50 2 2 3 Rocky6            - 0 bots           1 bots
15 players 14/16 if (-/+)1 player          - no commands                       - 0 bots           0 bots
16 players 15/17 if (-/+)1 player          - no commands                       - 0 bots           0 bots
17 players if 16 (disconnect)1 player      - no commands                       - 0 bots           0 bots
Used info:
http://podbotmm.bots-united.com/doc_...pbmm.html#VIII

Last edited by iveto69; 05-05-2019 at 14:33.
iclassdon
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-20-2020 , 17:30   Re: PODBots control(kick or add) automatically.
Reply With Quote #27

Could someone help me edit this to work on my Deathmatch server "CSDM"? The current setup only does balancing at round end or after first player join on map change/server start. There are no rounds on deathmatch.

I run 7 bots at all times parts of my config is listed below.

My issue is that my server is starting to get full and I would much rather have those 7 slot occupied by real human players. I would like for the 7 bot to remain until the server maxes at 32 players. At this point it will start to remove 1 bot to create space for a potential human player to join. If the occupied slots dip under 31 the bot or bots will rejoin again.

I didn't think it was possible until I found this epic post. So in short I need a plugin that makes room for human players when full.

pb_minbots 7
pb_maxbots 7
pb_bot_quota_match 0

pb add
pb add
pb add
pb add
pb add
pb add
pb add

(Quoted from bugsy)
"Bot balancing occurs at round end or after first player join on map change/server start"

Last edited by iclassdon; 01-21-2020 at 14:40.
Send a message via MSN to iclassdon