Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start

Post New Thread Reply   

Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2018 , 14:04   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #21

Thank you for your posting your solution to the installation along with the results you got.

Exactly as you mentioned, you could give it another round of testing to see what works best. You can also ask tuned what it thinks the best profile is to use, by using the `tuned-adm recommend` command. Of course, it's hard to tell what real player results will be if you're testing with bots (even with sv_stressbots), as the bots impact is extremely more resource heavy compared to an actual player.

As always, go with what works for you best, unfortunately not everything works for everyone, though it'd be great if it did.
arcticx2
Old 12-21-2018 , 18:26   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #22

May i ask what type of linux distribute you guys suggest to use ? i mean if it is debian should i go with gui or just consul command like centos !? sry not a big fan of linux here
Maxximou5
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2018 , 18:51   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticx2 View Post
May i ask what type of linux distribute you guys suggest to use ? i mean if it is debian should i go with gui or just consul command like centos !? sry not a big fan of linux here
Pick your own flavor, everyone has their own preference. As is, I've been using Debian with command line for years and that's my preference. You'll get great support with picking either Debian or CentOS, both of which are highly supported and developed for in terms of servers. It would be extremely beneficial if you took the time to become comfortable with command line, you get a lot more done in a fraction of the time. Along with a GUI being a waste of resources on the server itself. Though, again do what you find comfortable, no one here is making you do any of this.
asdfxD
Veteran Member
Old 12-21-2018 , 19:11   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #24

i prefer ubuntu, i had less cpu usage as in debian with srcds

Last edited by asdfxD; 12-21-2018 at 19:12.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2018 , 22:35   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #25

windows handle 20+ server slots better than linux right ? heard somewhere 30% better
Old 12-21-2018 , 23:01   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
windows handle 20+ server slots better than linux right ? heard somewhere 30% better
No, there is no proof of that. Also, you should probably provide some evidence of who said that and their information on that. Overall, they run very similar. As of yet, there is no evidence which is better. Things we have observed so far is that Linux doesn't have to deal with same procedure as Windows in terms of gamedata updating, Windows has it much harder. Windows also has the ability to do separate network threading; however, I haven't seen any benefit from it.

From one of the many other times this has been said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Please do not post misinformation, especially if you're not familiar with the workings of srcds. The operating system you use to host source servers is largely irrelevant.

Source servers are primarily single threaded. The majority of game logic (including SM plugin logic) will only occur on the main game thread, but there is some amount of parallelization that is done with threadpool workers during entity encoding.

That said, forcing specific thread/process affinity is just asking for trouble. Your operating system is considerably more clever than you are and will make the proper thread scheduling decisions without needing any hints, and you'll likely hurt your instruction throughput by making poor affinity decisions.
e54385991
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-22-2018 , 02:29   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #27

For csgo find gamedata now is practically same (all trouble)
because valve already refuse to provide Linux symbol files

gametracker 1-20 Almost all zombie escapes server(64 slot) use windows OS

SRCDS for windows places networking on a seperate worker thread allowing another core to take the workload
as a consequence, you may get higher slot servers
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...1&postcount=21

windows os var usually 0.3xx ms. if you use it, please don't care about it

Last edited by e54385991; 12-22-2018 at 02:32.
Send a message via ICQ to e54385991
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-22-2018 , 20:29   Re: 4ghz cpu sv var in red at round start
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximou5 View Post
No, there is no proof of that. Also, you should probably provide some evidence of who said that and their information on that. Overall, they run very similar. As of yet, there is no evidence which is better. Things we have observed so far is that Linux doesn't have to deal with same procedure as Windows in terms of gamedata updating, Windows has it much harder. Windows also has the ability to do separate network threading; however, I haven't seen any benefit from it.

From one of the many other times this has been said...
I'm using windows myself to host 32 players 128 tickrate . Tried ubuntu and debian but it's terrible lag when there are over 28 players. But windows being better no lag at all.