Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

'wake up' re-spawned bots

awuh0
Old 06-15-2005 , 01:39   'wake up' re-spawned bots

hey fysh is there a way you can send the bots the round_start trigger so they will buy / move after they respawn, right now they just stand there most of the time. It would be nice to see them not spawn camp.
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-15-2005 , 05:22   Re: 'wake up' re-spawned bots

Quote:
Originally Posted by awuh0
hey fysh is there a way you can send the bots the round_start trigger so they will buy / move after they respawn, right now they just stand there most of the time. It would be nice to see them not spawn camp.
I usually don't have any bots on when I've got respawning enabled, but the limited times I do I haven't had any bots that just sit in spawn. Would slapping them a few times do the trick?

If I remember right, bots have something unique in either their UserID or SteamID that identifies them as a bot - so you could do something like this in player_spawn.cfg:

Code:
if (event_var(es_steamid) equalto "BOT") then nm_slap event_var(es_username)
if (event_Var(es_steamid) equalto "BOT") then es_delayed 1 nm_slap event_var(es_username)
...perhaps slapping them (and thereby moving them) a couple times would 'wake' them up and trigger movement to the next waypoint?

You'd have to verify what identifying info designates them as bots, and edit the scripting accordingly.

I really can't test this on my servers since I really don't run into many situations where respawn is enabled and bots are present, or I'd try this for you.
Old 06-15-2005 , 10:53  

no they need some kind of game trigger or enemy spoted to get them to wake up..
like bomb planted cts are saving hosties, or an enmey shoots them. and none of those events make them buy stuff.
find a better way to play CSS, connect to...
thewuh.servebeer.com
thecircus.servebeer.com
Send a message via ICQ to awuh0 Send a message via AIM to awuh0 Send a message via MSN to awuh0
$hawn
Old 06-15-2005 , 11:03  

When I enabled respawn mode, bot quota system doesn't work well.
I set bot_quota_mode "fill" but they aren't kicked untill the first round ends.

And spawn protection has no effect on all bots
222.225.106.24:27015
Send a message via MSN to $hawn
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-15-2005 , 16:56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hawn
When I enabled respawn mode, bot quota system doesn't work well.
I set bot_quota_mode "fill" but they aren't kicked untill the first round ends.
That's true of any CS game, since Valve has made it so bots do not join or leave during a round.

You need to remember that a player dying isn't the end/beginning of a round. The round ending is the end/beginning of a round.
Old 06-15-2005 , 19:19  

No, I meant...
If auto-respawn mode is disabled and bot_quota is set "8", there are 8 bots at first, i mean at the first round on a new level, and then they are automatically kicked one by one as human players connect. But if auto-respawn mode is enabled these bots aren't kicked untill the first round ends and the last 8 human players can't join the game cos the server is considered to be full.
222.225.106.24:27015
Send a message via MSN to $hawn
[TooL] Faaip De Oiad
Old 06-16-2005 , 03:00  

Quote:
Originally Posted by $hawn
No, I meant...
If auto-respawn mode is disabled and bot_quota is set "8", there are 8 bots at first, i mean at the first round on a new level, and then they are automatically kicked one by one as human players connect. But if auto-respawn mode is enabled these bots aren't kicked untill the first round ends and the last 8 human players can't join the game cos the server is considered to be full.
That's exactly how it normally works. If, in a 32-player server, only 26 clients are connected and bot_quota is set to "8", then 6 bots will spawn - then, when the round ends, any extra bots are kicked. If someone tries to connect during this time, they see that the server is full. It's a retarded Valve thing, because they won't allow bots to join or part during a round... but that's exactly how it works whether respawning is enabled or disabled. It's a per-round thing, not a per-death thing.

-Faaip