Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

How to use commands to teleport to locations?

Post New Thread Reply   

Polartop
Old 02-28-2012 , 09:49   How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #1

This might be impossible, But admins on my server have to use !noclip to get to the admin room,And i was playing on the utc server (i think) And donors we're using !tothesky to get to the skybox, Can i set something up like !adminroom to take donors to the admin room? Help!
Polartop
Old 03-01-2012 , 10:50   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #2

Bump? lol..
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-01-2012 , 10:59   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #3

Without a custom plugin, it wouldn't be possible. I'm not sure if any exist currently, however, so you'd have to search. Are you familiar with programming in SourceMod at all?
Old 03-01-2012 , 15:37   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #4

Somewhat, I woulden't know any of the command lines although..
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-01-2012 , 16:48   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #5

I'll write up the following plugin as soon as my current projects are completed. I estimate two to three weeks before the current workload is completed; however, if you'd like to commission the project, I could complete it within a few days. Otherwise, my current projects take priority. A much simpler plugin could be written for your needs, if someone else wishes. Here are the development notes I've made regarding the plugin:

Code:
Plugin:
    Coordinate Warp

Purpose:
    Provides the ability for players to teleport to defined locations within the map.

Features:
    Warp locations to be saved in a sqlite/mysql database.
    Support up to 64 warp locations for each map.
    Admin commands for setting/deleting warps in-game.

Commands:
    sm_warp
        Usage: Displays a menu listing currently available warp locations for the current map.
        Parameters: None
        Sample Menu:
            Available Warps
            1) Terrorist Spawn                            //Only appears on the Terrorist team.
            2) Counter-Terrorist Spawn                    //Only appears on the Counter-Terrorist team.
            3) Fuzzy's Secret Area                        //Only appears with the 'z' flag
            4) Return                                    //Option only appears if a user has warped to a location
            0) Exit

sm_addwarp
        Usage: Takes the admin's current location / rotation, along with additional parameters, and saves it as a warpable location.
        Parameters: <optional_flag_requirement> <optional_team_requirement> <displayed_name>
        Example Usage:
            sm_setwarp z 0 "Fuzzy's Secret Area"         // Only players with the z flag can access this location.
            sm_setwarp 0 2 "Terrorist Spawn"            // Any player on the Terrorist team can access this location.
            sm_setwarp 0 3 "Counter-Terrorist Spawn"    // Any player on the Counter-Terrorist team can access this location.

sm_delwarp
        Usage: Displays a list of current warp locations for the current map to the admin.
        Parameters: None
        Sample Menu:
            Defined Warps:
            1)     Terrorist Spawn
                1) Delete Warp
                    1) Yes
                    2) No
                    0) Back
                0) Back
            2) Counter-Terrorist Spawn
            3) Fuzzy's Secret Area
            0) Exit

sm_listwarp
        Usage: Displays warps for the current map as well as their unique_index for setting manual changes.

sm_setwarp
        Usage: Allows a warp entry to be modified in-game rather than having to do it within phpmyadmin.
        Parameters: <unique_index> <pos_x> <pos_y> <pos_z> <optional_flag> <optional_team> <displayed_name>

ConVars:
    sm_coordinate_warp_enabled - [0/1], Globally enables/disables all features of the plugin.
    sm_coordinate_warp_delay - [0.0/x.x], The number of seconds after selecting a warp location before a player is warped.
    sm_coordinate_warp_return - [0/1], 0 = Players are returned to their spawn position / 1 = Players are returned to their position pre-warp

Last edited by thetwistedpanda; 03-01-2012 at 16:49.
serpentine
I don't have a problem
Old 03-02-2012 , 03:15   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #6

I'd be interested in something like this for TF2, teleporting to the skybox in particular. Possible to store the locations without a mysql database? I don't have a clue what the particulars are but could they not be saved to a txt file in the server?
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 03-02-2012 , 09:21   Re: How to use commands to teleport to locations?
Reply With Quote #7

There's little need to store data into text/keyvalues since SourceMod supports SQLite databases by default.