Post New Thread Reply   

capndurk
Old 03-23-2006 , 21:47  
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubStream
Quote:
Originally Posted by capndurk
SubStream, just out of curiosity, how did you post that link "Get Plugin" under the sma file thing...? (I'm about to submit my first plugin ;))
Upload the .sma and it will compile into the .amxx for the get plugin link on its own
Thank you
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2006 , 23:59  
Reply With Quote #22

alright Hawk I'm working on it again so give me some time....
It will take me some time to get this down but I am trying once again to do it with arrays.
mykey
Old 03-24-2006 , 05:56  
Reply With Quote #23

This is a great idea, I've put it on my server and will let you now how it goes.

A quick question- does this inform admins of any changes made to players settings?
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2006 , 09:29  
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykey
This is a great idea, I've put it on my server and will let you now how it goes.

A quick question- does this inform admins of any changes made to players settings?
No but I can see if I can work on adding something. If it does inform admin, it will be in console. If someone had 50 settings changed it wouldn't make sense to post across the screen. I will work on this today and post back if I got it working. It will take some time considering there are 79 settings enforced which means there would be 79 messages the way I have it set up.

Edit: The Admin message will not have a CVAR because the code is long enough already and that would add too much more.
mykey
Old 03-24-2006 , 09:46  
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Quote:

No but I can see if I can work on adding something. If it does inform admin, it will be in console. If someone had 50 settings changed it wouldn't make sense to post across the screen. I will work on this today and post back if I got it working. It will take some time considering there are 79 settings enforced which means there would be 79 messages the way I have it set up. I will also see about adding a "show admin message" cvar of some sort to make it optional.
Thanks for replying, I can how confusing that would be! Perhaps instead of each setting changed - just notify if any were changed(if that makes sense). And/or to a logfile?
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2006 , 10:05  
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Thanks for replying, I can how confusing that would be! Perhaps instead of each setting changed - just notify if any were changed(if that makes sense). And/or to a logfile?
It's not confusing... just tedious.

First I will work on the console messages. After I finish that then i will work on seeing about a log file. One step at a time. I like to keep it organized.
mykey
Old 03-24-2006 , 10:19  
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Quote:

First I will work on the console messages. After I finish that then i will work on seeing about a log file. One step at a time. I like to keep it organized.
Thanks - looking forward to it.
Veteran Member
Old 03-24-2006 , 14:07  
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks - looking forward to it.
Just heads up... I am working on re-writing this using arrays which will take me probably a day or two to fully get correct and neat so bear with me for those changes/additions of notification and log file. Go download the new 1.1 version because 1.0 wasn't checking the cvars properly.. it was just setting them every 5 seconds reguardless if the values were off or not. The new one checks them properly. 1.0 works but doesn't check them properly, it just sets them reguardless. 1.1 will run smoother than 1.0

Edit:

Alright I'm back and workin on this... I'll post when I'm done with the updates. Hopefully I can get the arrays stuff to work.

Edit2:

Problem solved!!!!
AllMassive
Old 03-25-2006 , 22:32  
Reply With Quote #29

Keep up the work - a lot of serveradmins need this plugin.
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 03-28-2006 , 01:09  
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Go download version 1.2 from the first post. I have included a message that is sent to the console of all admin when a player's settings are forced to be changed. If you check in your console you will see when a setting was forced upon someone. It will inform only Admin. It will tell them the player's name, what setting was changed, what their previous value was, and what it was forced to. Version 1.2 also has all of this information along with the time, the player's userid, authid, and ip sent to a log file inside of the log directory. If you have anymore ideas let me know.